Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 05-02-2024 11:51PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Colbert Report
PostPosted: Thu 10-20-2005 9:53AM 
Major

Source: Kelly Hall
Anyone been watching this lately? I thought the first two episodes were pretty hilarious, as least seeing that dude from nbc, something stone, trading comedian blows with Colbert was hilarious. Although i think the Daily show has taken a blow from losing him and gaining that other weird fatish guy. although last night colbert was having some major problems, would stumble constantly :( baby jesus cried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-20-2005 10:02AM 
Major

Source: TJ South
Last night was the first one I saw... and it was horrible. Maybe he was having a bad night or something, but it looked like he had no interviewing skills.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-20-2005 11:39AM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
I'll agree that last night was not so good, but so far the show has been very entertaining. It's no Daily Show, though.

I only wish Colbert would still do "This Week In God."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-20-2005 3:44PM 
Major

BigPeeOn wrote:
I'll agree that last night was not so good, but so far the show has been very entertaining. It's no Daily Show, though.

I only wish Colbert would still do "This Week In God."

Yeah this week in god is just not the same without him.

and about his interviewing skills, they are very great, just last night, he was pure crap, he mentioned having a poor day or something, and earlier john stewart mentioned being drunk, ;p maybe they had a new show party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-20-2005 8:25PM 
Major

Source: TJ South
yea the 2nd episode was kinda lame, but the first one was great with the gravitas off with that guy he intereviewed and my new favorite quote came from it, I think it when"Sadly mother thereasa could not be reached for comment" or something like that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-22-2005 8:24AM 
Lieutenant

Source: Fidelity
Did someone else do this week in God? I hope not...it's my favorite segment. I love the God machine.

I think Colbert's real strengths are as a Daily show correspondent and as an interviewer--at least in the two shows I saw. I don't know that he can carry an entire show. Also, sometimes he slips up the lines and the jokes aren't as funny.

I caught the O'Reilly episode of the Daily Show the other day. He seems like a bigger jackass every time I see him. My favorite part was when he accused Jon Stewart of adding insult to injury by making fun of things, and Jon said O'Reilly added injury to injury.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-22-2005 9:35AM 
Major

yeah someone else does do his segment "this week in god" and its a little meh =/ I guess i can pardon his slip ups because the brunt of his comedy comes from his ability to abuse the english language much like my favorite comedian George Carlin. The thing is even though he slips, when he is ontop of things, hes really good. the interview with stone phillips was great i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-28-2005 7:30AM 
Brigadier General

kyros the dragonir wrote:
yea the 2nd episode was kinda lame, but the first one was great with the gravitas off with that guy he intereviewed and my new favorite quote came from it, I think it when"Sadly mother thereasa could not be reached for comment" or something like that.

That's from the first episode with Stone Philips. "We invited Mother Theresa to respond to these charges."

The W0RD is the only consistently funny thing on the show, but I still get a kick out of him trivializing everything about the people he interviews. I predicted when the commercials started airing that he wouldn't be able to carry a whole show, and so far I've been very wrong. Every night, there's been something hilarious on the show (not everything, but at least something. At least it's not Too Late, where nothing is funny.). Two recent favorites: the excerpt he read out of his supposed sci-fi fantasy novel, and "Quitter" last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-28-2005 7:39AM 
Colonel

"Quitter" was indeed hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-02-2005 1:43AM 
Colonel

yeah, Harriet on the Bookshelf of Broken Dreams...silly quitter. I think the whole show is freakin hilarious. I find it more amusing than the Daily Show. However, for actual news, the Daily Show is still a better source. (I can't believe I just said that) I think after they work out the kinks, it will be a really great show. Most shows take an entire season to get really good, anyway.

~Sir Isaac Newton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-03-2005 1:02PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Beta Sigma Psi
I don't think Colbert was ready for his own show just yet. It would be better if they would have made him a Co-Anchor for the Daily Show, made that show an hour long, and just gave him 15 minutes or so to play with.

I should get paid for this shit...

Someone please tell me to do my homework.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-03-2005 2:49PM 
Major

he went too far with overrated, and the fatwa thing yesterday... it almost seems to work though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11-05-2005 12:36PM 
Major

mad duck wrote:
I don't think Colbert was ready for his own show just yet. It would be better if they would have made him a Co-Anchor for the Daily Show, made that show an hour long, and just gave him 15 minutes or so to play with.

I agree with that... I should read all the comments before posting. But then i'd be subject to the anthropic principle...

This week in god is a genius concept, as is compari-sin. I'd like to think almost nothing they do can ruin it.