Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 7:36PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ozzfest
PostPosted: Fri 07-21-2006 12:30PM 
I gotta have more cowbell

Source: Off Campus
Did anyone else brave the sweltering heat and catch Ozzfest this year? It was a really good show... especially since Ozzy didn't get to hog the mainstage, which led to Disturbed and System of a Down playing 60 to 90 minute sets. I didn't go early enough to catch a couple of the early second stage bands though. Word was that nearly 100 people collapsed due to the heat that day, which is insane. Aside from that, it was an impressive show, and a great mosh pit in the center lawn :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-21-2006 1:53PM 
Major General

How did SOAD do? Supposidley things between them aren't good, and at a previous performance during Lonely Day, Daron sang "Such a lonely day, hanging out with a band. This motherfucker, I can't stand" while staring at Serj. I wonder if they were just having a bad day that time, or if they're close to breaking up. Which would suck, because SOAD is one of my favorite bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-21-2006 9:46PM 
Major General

I heard that Serj and Daron are going at it because both are trying to be the frontrunner of the band (read that in an interview with Shavo in one of the more popular music magazines, I believe, but can't remember which one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07-22-2006 2:13PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

They're going on a fairly long hiatus. Then again, i don't really care that much about them since their last album was pretty mediocre.

And Ozzfest blows. Most of the bands are terrible and it's a gigantic commercial bullshit machine. The bands have to pay something like $100,000 to join the roster of bands that play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07-22-2006 11:00PM 
Major

I got there about 6:00, so I too missed all the side shows. SOAD played a great set, and I enjoyed disturbed more than I ever have listening to any of their albums. Also, it was Africa-fucking hot that day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 08-14-2006 9:58PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Wilson Library
Ozzfest in STL rocked. I got there at oh 9:30 in the morning. Saw a lady pass out at 10:00 from heat in her own vomit, nice right? Second stage was ok, Walls of Jerico was good, Strapping Young Lad was funny, and Black Label Society was ok.

Main stage was a blast, although many partiers that started too early were passed out on the lawn before SOAD was on. Lacuna Coil, Avenge Sevenfold, Hatebreed, and of corse Disturbed and SOAD were all good. Anybody catch the anti war/bring our troops home message and USA chant from Disturbed? Theres just not enough USA chants anymore.

Oh and if you were there you know the motto was great and was lived up to.

Post subject: Re: Ozzfest
PostPosted: Sat 08-19-2006 8:08AM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
I was there mainly to see SOAD and it was a good show. I was in the front row directly infront of the SOAD guitar player so i got to watch his goofy ass play.

Bummy wrote:
and a great mosh pit in the center lawn :D

that was a weak crowd. there was hardly no moshing by the stage and when i went to the lawn to mosh during disturbed it was like 7 people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-23-2006 4:42PM 
Corporal

Source: TJ North
I was thinking about going. How was DragonForce?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-23-2006 10:59PM 
I gotta have more cowbell

That's because everyone moshed to hell during Hatebreed. There had to be between 20 and 30 people in there. DragonForce was good, they surprised me... I figured they'd sound like crap live. Not so much, they were pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 08-23-2006 11:32PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Heh, didn't hear much about this beforehand. So DragonForce, Strapping Young Lad, Avenged Sevenfold, and Lacuna Coil were there? That I wouldn't have minded seeing.

Profile E-mail