Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 1:09PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-02-2006 6:59AM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
That, and he left the cop alive and apparentlyl unharmed, and returned to his wife, rather than keeping him for experiments, killing him for parts, etc.. We don't know yet that glasses-man was involved in the brain-removal, actually, just as we don't know who Syler really is.

On the subject of the blonde jekyll/hyde chick, i think he reached in and squeezed her heart or something, then choked her....but why bother choking her if you'd already done something to kill her? I think she's alive, plus there's the fact that if she's able to deal that kind of punishment, presumably she has a bit of extra durability to go along with it.

On the subject of Hiro's message, it annoys me for two reasons. Firstly, in the 2nd cliffhanger, where the guy is about to return the message to Hiro, I hated watching him stand there, staring into space, as if he were trying to communicate, "Okay, there's plenty of time for me to actually SAY this before commercial, so I have to pose dramatically LONG enough to fill said amount of time!" I mean, seriously, he just sat there staring longer than it took him to actually say the message!

The second reason why is on basic mechanical levels.....let's assume that Hiro can't talk to his past/future selves due to a paradox, alla Back-To-The-Future. Couldn't he still just leave a FRICKIN' LETTER for his past self to find? I'm pretty sure he could recognize his own handwriting.....

Oh, and one more thing....I doubt the other Patrelli brother "steals" powers, he just mimics them....based on the fact that when he encountered Future-Hiro, time was stopped for both of them....thus far, we've only seen Hiro stop time for himself. And if you argue it's due to greater control from being from the future, well, that still would indicate that Hiro had powers, meaning they weren't being stolen.

Last edited by Blue-Mage on Thu 11-02-2006 3:13PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-02-2006 8:53AM 
Major

Source: Kelly Hall
Blue-Mage wrote:

Oh, and one more thing....I doubt the other Patrelli brother "steals" powers, he just mimics them....based on the fact that when he encountered Future-Hiro, time was stopped for both of them....thus far, we've only seen Hiro stop time for himself. And if you argue it's due to greater control from being from the future, well, that still would indicate that Hiro had powers, meaning they weren't being stolen.

My main reason for believing it might be theft is from when his brother catches him falling. When he describes it later his brother says that once he catches him Peter starts flying and the congressman stops. I dunno though...could just be a coincidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-02-2006 3:41PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Phi Kappa Theta
Blue-Mage wrote:
The second reason why is on basic mechanical levels.....let's assume that Hiro can't talk to his past/future selves due to a paradox, alla Back-To-The-Future. Couldn't he still just leave a FRICKIN' LETTER for his past self to find? I'm pretty sure he could recognize his own handwriting.....

Where would he leave it so it wouldn't get into the wrong hands? It wouldn't make sense to leave the note for his past self before he had powers. Almost as soon as he had his power, he was out of Japan. He has no place to stay right now except for his little Nissan, so that is about the only place he could possibly leave him one. Plus, once his future self finds out about the Horn-Rim Glasses, he will probably think there is not a safe spot to leave a message unless it is encoded so only his past self could decipher it. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like a tough thing to do.

What do you all think about the Police Officer? Do you think that when Horn-Rim Glasses kidnapped him, he augmented his powers, or do you think he did something to try to keep him from using them? I hope he isn't messed up after it, because it would be awesome if they kept with the whole mind-reading FBI thing. Just my opinion.

"What do you mean 'brought it bowling,' Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude." -Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-02-2006 4:01PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
snocat17 wrote:
Blue-Mage wrote:

Where would he leave it so it wouldn't get into the wrong hands? It wouldn't make sense to leave the note for his past self before he had powers. Almost as soon as he had his power, he was out of Japan. He has no place to stay right now except for his little Nissan, so that is about the only place he could possibly leave him one. Plus, once his future self finds out about the Horn-Rim Glasses, he will probably think there is not a safe spot to leave a message unless it is encoded so only his past self could decipher it. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like a tough thing to do.

He could leave it any damn place he liked :P

Remember, he's dealing with his PAST SELF. He already knows every place present-Hiro is going to go, and when he's going to go there, because he already remembers it. He could have done anything from leaving it in his jacket pocket any time he left it in another room, to leaving it on the seat of the car they just rented. Plus, since he's moving through time as well as space, he could easily leave it somewhere so it was only left waiting for present-Hiro for a few minutes at most. And as for leaving it without being detected....ability to stop time, remember? :lol:

Oh, and about the police officer: None of the above. I think they basically were just scanning his brainwaves or something while his powers were semi-active; remember, he said "We want to learn more about you." It's entirely possible that they were after nothing more than data, and once they got it, they returned the police officer mostly untouched, other than removing a few inconvenient memories.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and before you ask how he could get into the car without renting it himself....teleportation :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-02-2006 4:35PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
Was he a comp sci swampie? :lol:

Clicky

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-07-2006 5:53PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Phi Kappa Theta
So what did you all think of last night's episode? The weird guy in flannel, he was kind of odd. I guess he had powers, but obviously not Sylar. I wonder if the FBI will find out about people with special powers and try to recruit them?

I was surprised Hiro didn't try to help the black dude and his son more. I thought they might become a group or something.

"What do you mean 'brought it bowling,' Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude." -Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 11-07-2006 9:29PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
The flannel guy's comment about not being able to control his "power" and that if things got bad enough, hell, he could possibly go nuclear was interesting. Perhaps some insight in to what happened in the "possible" future that Hiro is trying to prevent.

I'm not entirely sure Hiro realized that the black guy had powers. Unless I missed some subtle hint.

At this point, I don't think anyone but the blonde woman is "on board" with the telapathic cop. She's just using a resource. The telepathic cop should be able to pick up on any shit about to hit the fan before it actually does if the FBI begins to abuse the relationship.

EDIT: After reading a quick note on some website, I guess I didn't realize that when the telepathic cop hits his partner after hearing the partner's thoughts on his wife, those thoughts were actually of infidelity on his wife's part. I thought they were just thoughts, like "I'd like to hit that" not confirmations that the telepathic cop's wife had cheated on him. Anyone else pick up on something there? I'll try and watch the last part again some time this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-08-2006 1:05PM 
Major General

Source: RC I
Sonicpulsar wrote:
At this point, I don't think anyone but the blonde woman is "on board" with the telapathic cop. She's just using a resource. The telepathic cop should be able to pick up on any shit about to hit the fan before it actually does if the FBI begins to abuse the relationship.

EDIT: After reading a quick note on some website, I guess I didn't realize that when the telepathic cop hits his partner after hearing the partner's thoughts on his wife, those thoughts were actually of infidelity on his wife's part. I thought they were just thoughts, like "I'd like to hit that" not confirmations that the telepathic cop's wife had cheated on him. Anyone else pick up on something there? I'll try and watch the last part again some time this week.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the wife is cheating on the telepathic cop. I believe his partner's words were.
partner wrote:
"Loser. Too bad I'm nailin' his wife and she is SO fine!"
and earlier in the episode his wife's thoughts were "Oh god! He knows!" So it's pretty safe to say she's a cheating skank.