Lee Adama 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Laura Roslin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Starbuck 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Baltar 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Tom Zarek 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Someone we haven't met yet 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Someone else we have met (list below) 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: BSG Who's the Last Cylon (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Fri 04-25-2008 6:51PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
Ok, who do you all think the last cylon is? I've gone back and re-watched the whole damned series, and am down to Roslin as my first pick. Second choice would have to be someone we haven't met yet.

I'm voting Roslin due to her ability to stay in power through sheer luck, and how she got there in the first place. She's never been tested for cylon blood, has had trippy visions, and it would be a great story twist.

I left Re-Voting on so you all can bow to my superior reasoning.

I should get paid for this shit...

Someone please tell me to do my homework.

Last edited by mad duck on Sat 04-26-2008 11:14PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: BSG Who's the Last Cylon (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Fri 04-25-2008 6:59PM 
Captain

Source: RC II
Ha. Having Roslin would be too...logical. Honestly. I think that _if_ and that's a strong if she's the final cylon, she will die before the end of the series to have both Cylons and humans live peacefully on Earth.

I think that it's someone we haven't met yet. I'm not sure what relation the final Cylon will have to the crew (if any) but I really do think it's someone we haven't met yet. Either that or Baltar. Baltar for the same reasons you think Roslin is it. Plus Baltar has his own religion now.

PostPosted: Fri 04-25-2008 7:36PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: Off Campus
well Robert Moore has aluded that the last cylon is NOT at the table in the "Battlestar Galactica: Last Supper" promotional photo for Season 4

edit: Kamakazi - you should post that link you sent me

PostPosted: Fri 04-25-2008 9:03PM 
Brigadier General

Last Supper Photo (Click link for articles with captions):

Somwhere there's a caption you're referring to, which i've read. I read the same caption, a different way, and think it could still be someone at the table. All he did was say that she was pretty sly, nothing else. Although tonight's episode is leading me away from the roslin theory...

PostPosted: Fri 04-25-2008 11:22PM 
Captain

mad duck wrote:
Somwhere there's a caption you're referring to, which i've read. I read the same caption, a different way, and think it could still be someone at the table. All he did was say that she was pretty sly, nothing else. Although tonight's episode is leading me away from the roslin theory...

I read the caption a while back as well. It was posted on /b/ at some point. I think I read it the same way mad duck did. I think it _might_ be someone at the table, but the chances are about 25%. That leaves 75% for someone _not_ at the table. Which leaves speculation to Gaeda, Duala, Kara...who knows, really.

PostPosted: Sat 04-26-2008 10:52AM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: TJ North
http://screenrant.com/archives/who-is-t ... -1592.html

That was the link barton was talking about, an interesting theory, it really is.

I don't think it is somebody at the table, because I read that it is a woman, don't remember where but it was straight from the writer, and that would only leave Starbuck and Roslin both BLARINGLY obvious choices.

So I know this isn't directly on topic but I am still curious as to what everybody else thinks, is everybody else kind of disappointed with this season? Because I am really not liking the Baltar religion storyline this season isn't going anywhere really, Baltar is a freak, Apollo does the right thing (although he is a little bitch most of the time now), Adama and Roslin are all buddy buddy, Starbuck is off doing her own thing.........nothing has changed, unless you count the Chief/Tigh/OtherChick storylines which I don't think are that good.

I still really like BSG, and will continue to watch it, but I greatly preferred the "OMG they attacked we have to run like hell, run run" storyline of early BSG compared to the stuff we have now.

PostPosted: Sat 04-26-2008 11:10PM 
Brigadier General

My vote is for Tom Zarek, the Vice-President of the colonies... the guy who's helping Lee Adama out with President Roslin. He's not in the last supper photo, he keeps getting cameos in shots that just seem to say more then they should. Watch the third episode again and tell me you don't think there's something more going on. To many of the shots seem to be centering on him to much and why? the camera captures his expressions when ignoring those who are talking... like when its all said and done... you'll see these and know what he's thinking or doing but didn't catch it the first time.

Plus we all know that the other 4 cylons are all in key positions. Assistant to the president, 2nd in command of the military, Leader of resistance fighters, as well as married to Kara Thrace and chief mechanic in the military. It just says that whoever it is, they're going to be in a high position in the show but they're also going to be someone your not going to expect. So my votes for Tom Zarek. It just makes to much sense to me.

I also think that we'll find out that this trip across the galaxy isn't the first time its happened. I believe that the original exodus from earth was caused by similar reasons and that the words in the show where they said "its all happened before and it'll happen again" mean something very literal. Like maybe the human cylons are older then we think, maybe the programing and events in the show are something thats happened before. Way to early to speculate to much, but i think its very possible with what we know so far.

PostPosted: Sat 04-26-2008 11:16PM 
Brigadier General

Worseley wrote:
My vote is for Tom Zarek, the Vice-President of the colonies...

Fuck man. The only argument i've got against that is that Adama will have no problem shooting Zarek in the face when he's revealed. He'd have to think about Roslin for a bit to hit her.

PostPosted: Tue 04-29-2008 2:11PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: TJ North
http://www.cellounge.com/2008/04/27/the ... ealed-now/

There is another article, I can't get to it at the moment, fracking Digg effect, but comments said it was good.

PostPosted: Wed 04-30-2008 5:41PM 
Captain

mad duck wrote:
Worseley wrote:
My vote is for Tom Zarek, the Vice-President of the colonies...

Fuck man. The only argument i've got against that is that Adama will have no problem shooting Zarek in the face when he's revealed. He'd have to think about Roslin for a bit to hit her.

Damn. That's true. Zarek...would be really interesting to have be the last cylon. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out. I'd really prefer not to try to find an "official" spoiler.

PostPosted: Wed 04-30-2008 6:34PM 
Brigadier General

Kamakazi wrote:
http://www.cellounge.com/2008/04/27/the-final-cylon-will-be-revealed-now/

There is another article, I can't get to it at the moment, fracking Digg effect, but comments said it was good.

Well, this article shoves me in the Zarek direction even farther. Thanks for the read.

PostPosted: Mon 06-09-2008 3:10PM 
Colonel

I just remember back to season 1 (maybe 2) when that cylon told roslin that adama is a cylon, which make sense in that apollo would be half cylon, a commonly occuring theme in the show. I also haven't ruled out Cally coming back by some miracle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 07-07-2008 9:05PM 
Captain

I'm just angry that they left off 10 episodes into the final season. There are still 10 episodes to go, but they won't be airing until January 2009, supposedly. So after waiting around a year and a half for the final season, we get to wait another half a year-ish for the final half of the final season. Good times!

PostPosted: Tue 07-08-2008 1:53PM 
Drowning

lol fag

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail