Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:34AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Have you seen the original Battlestar Galactica from 1970s?
Yes 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
I hate Sci-Fi shows 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
It's too old for my tastes 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Caprica - The Battlestar Prequel
PostPosted: Thu 04-23-2009 8:50PM 
Captain

Source: RC I
Alright so, nearing the end of the airing of Battlestar Galactica, Sci-Fi showed a teaser for a new series, Caprica, that will be aired this fall. It is a prequel series to Battlestar Galactica.

iTunes has a thing going on where you can buy the first movie/episode thing, it's an hour and a half long. I just watched it and it was definitely awesome and definitely should be watched by all those who enjoyed BSG.

Warning, though, it has a lot of nudity and some fairly bloody scenes, therefore it's probably NSFW.

Post subject: Re: Caprica - The Battlestar Prequel
PostPosted: Thu 04-23-2009 9:02PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
Yeah, i'm not sure if caprica will be great or just good. Truthfully i kinda hope it does well so we can see some other BSG show come out in the future.

Since we're on the topic... what'd u think about the ending of BSG?

PostPosted: Thu 04-23-2009 9:58PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: Fidelity
I thought the ending was good. But I did have a few problems with it, the biggest of which being its "Return of the King syndrome" where it had a bajillion endings at the end. I don't have a problem with so many endings and of course they needed to happen but I HATED the order they put them in. Instead of building up the emotions by playing the scenes with no emotion first and then working their way up it felt like they just through them all together where I would personally reach an emotional peak with something like Roslin dying and them BAM we would be back to some inane dialog. Other than that it was quite good imho. Oh, and the final shot should I have been the ships going into the sun playing the theme, period, end of story.

PostPosted: Fri 04-24-2009 8:26AM 
Captain

Source: RC I
Kamakazi wrote:
I thought the ending was good. But I did have a few problems with it, the biggest of which being its "Return of the King syndrome" where it had a bajillion endings at the end. I don't have a problem with so many endings and of course they needed to happen but I HATED the order they put them in. Instead of building up the emotions by playing the scenes with no emotion first and then working their way up it felt like they just through them all together where I would personally reach an emotional peak with something like Roslin dying and them BAM we would be back to some inane dialog. Other than that it was quite good imho. Oh, and the final shot should I have been the ships going into the sun playing the theme, period, end of story.

Lol spoilers for those who haven't seen it <_<

Anyway, yeah. I think I'd have to agree that the ending(s) were out of order. I thought it did a decent job though.

I do look forward to a new actual Battlestar series at some point, with more ships and space fights and awesome stuff like that. We'll see how this show goes, but so far it seems interesting, even if it doesn't have space ships and such :(

PostPosted: Fri 04-24-2009 10:20AM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: Somewhere On Campus
FlamingZelda wrote:
Kamakazi wrote:

Lol spoilers for those who haven't seen it <_<

Anyway, yeah. I think I'd have to agree that the ending(s) were out of order. I thought it did a decent job though.

I do look forward to a new actual Battlestar series at some point, with more ships and space fights and awesome stuff like that. We'll see how this show goes, but so far it seems interesting, even if it doesn't have space ships and such :(

If it is made by the same people I would expect it to go in the other direction actually, less ships and space fights. If you go back and watch BSG all the way through you will notice a OBSURD lack of action in the 4th season. There are whole stretches of episodes where nothing other than a bit of talking happens. I think that if there was a BSG V2.0 which of course can be made do to the happened before/happen again thing it will be even more drama-y.

that is unless you hand it over to another writer/producer/director/etc. That way it will be more like it is another cycle, everything would be different due to different creative minds behind it.