Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 8:11AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-09-2004 1:22AM 
Major

Source: TJ South
Does Janet's "wardrobe failure" come to mind???

[[Th3_C124zY_P31250|\|]]
[not at UMR for a year... i need money first]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-09-2004 2:23PM 

Source: Somewhere
A PG-13 movie, by the MPAA books, can contain one use of f*ck in a non-sexual context, though sometimes this number goes up. Any use of f*ck in a sexual context is supposed to automatically make the film an R.

As far as cigarettes are concerned, you don't really want to give 101 Dalmatians an R rating just because Cruella smokes, do you? It's asinine.

Oops! I just said a word with "ass" in it! Censor me! Oh well, I do it rather habitually. Oops! I just said a word with "bitch" in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 06-13-2004 2:24PM 
Major General

Source: Off Campus
Smoking is good for the economy. Makes the tobacco farmers money, cigarrette companies, convinence stores, and the high taxes on cigarettes help fund the government. Also you have more people capatilizing on ways to get you to stop smoking! "All natural Smoke-Away.....". Good for everyone except the insurance companies and the people who smoke.

I don't smoke. Too expensive, and of course it is really hard on your health. I get pissed off when i'm around people that smoke alot, the crap makes me gag.

However, i don't give a crap if someone else wants to smoke. Fine with me, i just don't want to smell it.

BTW i think the movie thing is retarted....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 06-14-2004 8:36AM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
you know what, this used to upset me, but then i realized that i'm more turned off if a movie is rated PG-13... it almost turns me off from a movie. i thought HELLBOY was going to be a good movie, because from the preview it looked like a dark demonic shooter, but after seeing it was PG13 i had a lot of doubts... and i ended up watching it, and it was a fucking love story about a giant red devil and some chick...

speaking of smoking

i watched "the man who wasn't there" last night. takes place in the '30s. i don't think one scene transpired where billy bob thorton didn't have a fucking cigarrette in his hand.

also i was watching an episode of pete & pete on nickeloden... the one about the "king of the road" and the perfect family... the "perfect dad" was smoking a pipe! inspired by the show i busted out MY (crack) pipe and lit up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 06-14-2004 2:11PM 

nsrbb5 wrote:
i thought HELLBOY was going to be a good movie

See, that's your problem. You obviously have no knack for titles. Next time, come to me.

"Hey, Ghost of Tambora, I was going to watch this movie. I don't know if it's going to be good or not."
"What's it called?"
"Hell Boy."
"It'll suck."
"But you haven't seen it."
"Doesn't matter. You can tell by the title. Sort of like 'Broken Lizard's Club Dread' or 'Half Past Dead' or 'From Justin to Kelly.' Did we really have to watch those to know they would suck?"
"You have a point... but I thought Braveheart was a pretty dumb title."
"What's your point? It sucked, too. Q.E.D."
"Uh..."
"Same goes for any movie starring Renee Zellweger. It'll suck. And for movies with Hugh Grant, Sandra Bullock, Sarah Jessica Parker, Steven Seagal, Vin Diesel, Chris Tucker, or Matthew Broderick. And don't even try to argue. I'm right."
"What about The Fifth Element?"
"It sucked."
"What about Ferris Bueller's Day Off?"
"Hold on... it sucked."
"Does anything not suck?"
"Stanley Kubrick. The Coen Brothers. Hitchcock."
"Anything else?"
"Maybe Frank Capra. Maybe William Wyler. Orson Welles. A lot of silent films. Ingmar Bergman. I might be wrong, but everything else probably sucks."
"Tarantino?"
"Yeah."

*Here, the conversation abruptly ended and I had the crap kicked out of me. I deserved it, but I'm still right.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 06-14-2004 8:53PM 

Anonymous wrote:
nsrbb5 wrote:
i thought HELLBOY was going to be a good movie

See, that's your problem. You obviously have no knack for titles. Next time, come to me.

"Hey, Ghost of Tambora, I was going to watch this movie. I don't know if it's going to be good or not."
"What's it called?"
"Hell Boy."
"It'll suck."
"But you haven't seen it."
"Doesn't matter. You can tell by the title. Sort of like 'Broken Lizard's Club Dread' or 'Half Past Dead' or 'From Justin to Kelly.' Did we really have to watch those to know they would suck?"
"You have a point... but I thought Braveheart was a pretty dumb title."
"What's your point? It sucked, too. Q.E.D."
"Uh..."
"Same goes for any movie starring Renee Zellweger. It'll suck. And for movies with Hugh Grant, Sandra Bullock, Sarah Jessica Parker, Steven Seagal, Vin Diesel, Chris Tucker, or Matthew Broderick. And don't even try to argue. I'm right."
"What about The Fifth Element?"
"It sucked."
"What about Ferris Bueller's Day Off?"
"Hold on... it sucked."
"Does anything not suck?"
"Stanley Kubrick. The Coen Brothers. Hitchcock."
"Anything else?"
"Maybe Frank Capra. Maybe William Wyler. Orson Welles. A lot of silent films. Ingmar Bergman. I might be wrong, but everything else probably sucks."
"Tarantino?"
"Yeah."

*Here, the conversation abruptly ended and I had the crap kicked out of me. I deserved it, but I'm still right.*

i remember when i used to spend quality time with nsrbb5 and ghost of tambora as we played in the wilderness and then got massages from women named greer! i miss you guys!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 06-15-2004 2:58PM 

jasonnnnn wrote:
i remember when i used to spend quality time with nsrbb5 and ghost of tambora as we played in the wilderness and then got massages from women named greer! i miss you guys!!!