PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 3:21PM 

Source: Somewhere
The Punisher

Hero

Post subject: Better
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 3:26PM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
Actually I thought Hero was an unbelievable let down. Definately not one to see in theatres. Alien vs. Predator wasn't too bad though. Whats everyones thoughts about that Sky Captain movie? I'm having mixed emotions, but I think it will be pretty good if you can ignore the Angelina Jolee(?) part - excuse my speeling plz. I'm also thinking that maybe the new resident movie will be just a good one if you just wanna sit and watch a bunch of shooting with no good plot - maybe for a drunk weekend?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Better
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 3:46PM 
"para-dime"

Source: VPN
Aha wrote:
Alien vs. Predator wasn't too bad though.

You've just destroyed any faith I have ever had in your taste in movies. AvP is best summed up by 15 minutes of ok surrounded by an hour and fifteen minutes of crap.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 4:04PM 

Next time come up with an original review before knocking someone elses.

Post subject: Re: Better
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 4:30PM 
Colonel

Source: TJ North
Aha wrote:
Actually I thought Hero was an unbelievable let down.

I hate you and everything you like.

Jet Li is the friggen' man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 4:48PM 

Jet Li is nothing but a wanna be Jackie Chan. His movies are just all special effects, Jackie actually had to make his own action. But i guess we are the generation that cant watch more than 15 minutes of a movie without someone doing something totally impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 4:53PM 
Colonel

Source: Pi Kappa Phi
Chose not to watch AvP, and chose not to watch either Resident Evil movie I know what happens and I know what to expect from them. Any film that has been touched by Paul W.S. Anderson has got to be crap. Look at his record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 6:01PM 
Colonel

Source: TJ North
Anonymous wrote:
Jet Li is nothing but a wanna be Jackie Chan. His movies are just all special effects, Jackie actually had to make his own action. But i guess we are the generation that cant watch more than 15 minutes of a movie without someone doing something totally impossible.

Wanna be Jackie Chan? Hardly, espeically since the two are nothing alike.

He's been trained in Wushu since the age of 8. Look at movies like Fist of Legend or The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk or Kiss of the Dragon. In his movies, his technique is flawless, something anyone who is a martial arts fan will be able to appreciate. Each fight is a story unto itself. It's odd that you condem him for that, but praise Chan, when Chan is the one who's fight scenes are what they are simply for flash.

But, more than that, as with many Chinese action stars, his characters are supposed to be men of lore. That's the purpose of using wires to do superhuman feats, to get across the idea that the men are supposed to be superhuman. It's not to grab the attention of our ADHD riddled society, but simply a different form of storytelling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 6:13PM 

I thought the first resident evil movie was fun. Zombies, viruses, stuff blowing up all make for a great time. True, there is no real lasting value in watching the movie. If I wanted something fufiling I would have watched Citizen Kane or another classic. For a fun time though I like to watch a movie that's like a bag of chips. I havent seen the new Resident Evil movie, but I plan to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-14-2004 7:36AM 

Anonymous wrote:
I thought the first resident evil movie was fun. Zombies, viruses, stuff blowing up all make for a great time...For a fun time though I like to watch a movie that's like a bag of chips.

sometimes its all about just having fun. at first i wasnt too interested in "the day after tomorrow" but some friends of mine said it was a fun movie. i went to see it and wasnt disappointed...as cheesy as it was, it was still fun and i had a good time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-14-2004 8:00AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
You wanna have a good time with a movie?

Get 4 of your buddies and a 30 pack and watch "Day of the Warrior". That's a good time.

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-14-2004 1:11PM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
yeah i'm really psyched to see resident evil 2...

i love fun movies. you don't have to think too hard and just enjoy yourself

that's why i like jackie chan so much. he's such a stud, and his movies fucking rock. jet li, "men of lore"? yeah, "one" that was about a man of lore... it was about fucking time travel!!!

and hero totally sucked. don't get me started on that shit again. WORST MASS INVASION SCENE EVER... millions of arrows, two deaths and one guy wounded WOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-14-2004 4:40PM 
Colonel

Source: Pi Kappa Phi
I like Jackie Chan but for God's sake most of his recent films are more about cornball antics and not story or action. The worst part they are not funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-14-2004 6:41PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
nsrbb5 wrote:
that's why i like jackie chan so much. he's such a stud, and his movies fucking rock. jet li, "men of lore"? yeah, "one" that was about a man of lore... it was about fucking time travel!!!

um no that was a Van Damme movie. The One was about interdimensional travel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-15-2004 7:40PM 

i think they should just have a movie where jet li and jackie chan fight to the death. no hollywood scripts or any shit like that. just 2 men enter, one man leaves. then we'll be able to determine who's all glitz and glamour.