* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 8:11PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 403whp turbo Integra
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 1:55PM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
Hey car guys!

I just finished the build up (again) and got it slapped in the car. First, I'd like to apologizes for the high revving and sometimes speeding through campus. I'm breaking in the engine and it needs hard acceleration/deceleration. Only a few hundred more miles so bear with me :P .

The car is a blast to drive and builds boost fairly quickly. If you have questions or wanna race or just get a ride I'd be glad to do it. Here's some pics and a vid. I can't find an export setting in Adobe Premiere Pro that has fairly good quality without being a HUGE file. Let me know if you have a DivX codec or something else to help me out.

Setup:
Same as before except forged CP 9.0:1 pistons/Eagle rods/light cams

Stock sleeved 1.8L b18b engine
CP 9.0:1 81.5mm Pistons
Eagle rods
Crower 402t cams (makes good power to 8k rpm)
T3/T04e .63hot/.60cold 57 trim garret turbo
3" Downpipe and full exhaust with on a resonator
Neukin exhaust manifold
GIGANTIC 600HP IC (it's huge :shock: )
26psi on 93 octane tuned by me

Video: http://web.umr.edu/~amsrh7/car/403whp.wmv

Last edited by napoleon on Tue 09-26-2006 2:19PM, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 2:15PM 
Captain

Source: IT Dept
impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 3:10PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
i'd definitely like a ride sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 3:54PM 
Colonel

[4N]Static wrote:
i'd definitely like a ride sometime.

fag, i know you do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 4:11PM 
Major

awwwww. Its soo CUTE!!! (quoted from the guy who helped me swap my first motor, a little 3.1 V6)
Impressive!
Still surprising how small car engines have gotten these days...
Thats a pretty wild amount of boost for the street, good job!
How long can it go between rebuilds, (or have you had the boost on it long enough to know?) and if you don't mind my asking, how much did it all cost? Did you have to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain as well? or do you just run street tires and light em up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 4:59PM 
Captain

Thanks for the replies guys!

Between rebuilds??? Haha this is a daily driver. I probably have 75,000 miles left out of this engine. In stock form I was pushing 16-18psi with 300whp. It was like that for about 25k miles and the engine was in great condition when I opened it up.

The bill for the build up was about $2,000 with oil changes and random things.

I have just under $9,000 (including the car) invested. Not too shaby if you ask me. The clutch is the only drivetrain I upgraded. No tranny or axels or anything liek that, just FAT clutch.

I run on Drag radials daily and want to buy some shitty tires so I can drive home on the highway without ripping up the D.R's. I also have an electronic boost controller with a switch from about 18psi in 2nd to all 26 and 400 ponies in third and beyond.

Kinda scarry when it rips the tires loose at 70mph :lol: .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 5:03PM 
Captain

[4N]Static - stop by or stop me anytime.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 7:33PM 
Major

So had any races with anybody who would have not expected you to rape them...I'd like a ride sometime, maybe in another year I'll get an FP red installed, since I have nothing left to do but upgrade my turbo...

Rolla Missouri...
Where the men are men!
The women are men!
And the sheep are scared!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 7:56PM 
Captain

I'm racing a Pike with a 3000GT VR4 tonight at 10:30. He was running a 12.4 so it should be an easy rape. Haven't really raced anyone though as Rolla is all about fartcans and "sweet ass" neon lights

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 8:59PM 
Colonel

foofoodar wrote:
So had any races with anybody who would have not expected you to rape them...I'd like a ride sometime, maybe in another year I'll get an FP red installed, since I have nothing left to do but upgrade my turbo...

You won't have the STI then...you will be driving a turbo diesel. You will abandon the subie awd family!!

Good job on the car!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-26-2006 9:53PM 
Major

napoleon wrote:
I'm racing a Pike with a 3000GT VR4 tonight at 10:30. He was running a 12.4 so it should be an easy rape. Haven't really raced anyone though as Rolla is all about fartcans and "sweet ass" neon lights

Well, I suppose you could say I have a fart can, only bc my car is WAY to loud without it lol. Neon lights will never be put on my car, I already get enough attention from retards as it is...and as heatwave says...a VW turbo Diesel sounds more appealing to me every day.

Rolla Missouri...
Where the men are men!
The women are men!
And the sheep are scared!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-27-2006 7:08AM 
Colonel

im just gonna ask one question. have you ever rebuilt an engine before. because if someone told you to accelerate hard and rev that engine and slam on the brakes they were fucking with you. your piston rings are definately NOT going to be seated right and you'll be lucky to get 10k out of that engine especially since your running boost. you really shoudln't even get into boost until your engine is broken in..... at least not a whole lot of it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-27-2006 8:55AM 
Captain

love2mud wrote:
im just gonna ask one question. have you ever rebuilt an engine before. because if someone told you to accelerate hard and rev that engine and slam on the brakes they were fucking with you. your piston rings are definately NOT going to be seated right and you'll be lucky to get 10k out of that engine especially since your running boost. you really shoudln't even get into boost until your engine is broken in..... at least not a whole lot of it.

No I'm doing it right. the "hard" break in method is now the preffered method by most tuners/engine builders. The only thing that needs to be broken in an engine today are the rings. They must scrape against the hone and form a perfect match to the bore. You really think 5 or 10 lbs or spring force pushing out on the cylinder wall is going to cut it? The cylinder pressures themselves wrap around the rings and force them onto the cylinder wall with great force (2000-2,500 psi). This leads to a faster engine break-in period with less wear on the piston itself. I think the engine is pretty much done breaking in (maybe only 5% left or so in the next 1000 miles). I did a compression check 2 days ago and I got 175 across the board but cylinder 1 which had 170.

If you want I have a few websites that bascially said what I am repeating, but it's from Laskey racing and Innovate motorsports (the guy who created EFI 101 University). SO i kinda trust that and it's has logic :).

BTW this is from last night: http://www.laser-eclipse.net/videos/3000GTvsTurboIntegra.wmv

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-27-2006 10:50AM 
Colonel

I bet my '02 Elantra could beat it. I have 45 WHP.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-27-2006 11:57AM 
Major General

Source: MST Wireless
dash wrote:
I bet my '02 Elantra could beat it. I have 45 WHP.

The Hyundai Beta engine in your car can actually easily be boosted up to 400 whp or more. I've seen it being done on Tiburons, which have the same engine.

I think it would actually be quite entertaining to have a 400whp Elantra. It would surprise people in things such as Cobras or Supras or whatever when they get beat by a fucking Hyundai.