Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 10:19AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: old junk car?
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 1:33PM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
Does anybody know of an old junk car somewhere?

Oh yes, and I need to be able to shoot it. I'm just curious as to what protection a car offers (see all those police and bad guys in the movies hiding behind a car?) and if specialty ammunition would make a difference.

I suppose a couple doors would be fine, I could take them with me to the range.

Any ideas?

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 1:57PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
I don't have or know of one, but I'm curious about the results of such an experiment.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 2:00PM 
Lieutenant General

Ask Bonnie and Clyde.....

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 2:11PM 
Lieutenant

Mythbusters did this...
I believe the verdict was that cars offer some protection against pistol rounds, and just offer concealment against rifles.

Aslo, shooting the gas tank makes it drip.

for more info on guns v. other things see:
http://www.theboxotruth.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 3:01PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Fidelity
I don't know of any either...but where's a good place to unload a few rounds? Sorry to answer your question with a question, but my .357 sure could use some exercise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 3:22PM 
Drowning

shooting range, road 6020 down 63, almost exactly 13miles past kmart

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 4:27PM 
Colonel

Yep, thats a good place... Just took a broken dryer and a tv there last friday, shot them up with an m4, 2 sks's, an m1 garand, a dragnov, some .22, and a 1911. Took some videos too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 4:31PM 
Colonel

karl wrote:
Yep, thats a good place... Just took a broken dryer and a tv there last friday, shot them up with an m4, 2 sks's, an m1 garand, a dragnov, some .22, and a 1911. Took some videos too :)

And like a lot of asshats probably left all the junk there. I hope you know that all that junk that you leave is picked up by a bunch of older men (60's+) to keep the place clean occasionally.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 4:33PM 
Colonel

I imagine it'll be in many pieces within a couple weeks... and oh yeah, calm down... that place hasn't been cleaned in a very long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 6:59PM 
Colonel

karl wrote:
I imagine it'll be in many pieces within a couple weeks... and oh yeah, calm down... that place hasn't been cleaned in a very long time.

Not true, its just that all the rednecks bring their lawn furniture (washing machines, couches, lawn mowers, etc) so much that it turns it to crap in no time. Three weeks after it was cleaned it looked like crap again. Plus it being in many pieces just makes it even worse then, those old guys cannot just pick up one piece of trash, they'll be out there for hours.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 8:18PM 
Brigadier General

Yes, people do clean that place regularly. I don't go there any more because it's so crappy. I decided to pay $120 a year for an actual club membership. I can shoot anything I want as long as I clean it up (no glass).

I've seen the box of truth, even suggested a couple of tests. The reason I ask is that I've got some super-hot Israeli 9mm +P+ that I want to see if it will go through a car door better than 9mm FMJ, 9mm +P Gold dots, .40 FMJ or JHP, etc. And while I'm at it, I'll probably try a few other calibers, including the 5.56mm comparing the 62 grain AP (Radway Green) vs. the 55 grain old stuff. Just curiosity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 8:24PM 
Lieutenant General

What do you have to do to get a permit to buy a pistol? What does it cost, and do you have to have multiple permits to buy multiple pistolas...

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 8:40PM 
Major

Ah, the car door of truth. Be sure to post pics and a review on ARF. BTW, the Radway Green is not AP. It's just a regular old SS109 projectile. It does have a steel core but it's not AP. AP would be M995 and the only way you'll see that stuff is on SAW belts in the sandbox. I've never even seen any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-02-2006 8:53PM 
Major

to buy a pistol in phelps county it requires picking one out at a local pawn shop or dealer and then purchasing it. Next you have to go to the phelps county sherrifs office, and apply for a handgun permit it is only for the specific gun you just purchased, it shouldn't take long. Then you go back to where you bought the gun with the paperwork then they run you through another background check and then you get to take your new gun home. this process is different for every county though and for these rules to al=pply you have to be a resident of Phelps county i believe

oh and karl the next time you head down there if you want some company I have been itching to go shooting since i moved down here, just didn't know of anywhere to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-03-2006 8:42AM 
Brigadier General

If you go to the sherriff first, you don't have to put the gun on the Permit to Acquire (PTA) - you take the permit with you and fill it out at the store, then you keep a copy and the gun store keeps a copy and sends one copy back to the sherriff. That gives you 30 days to decide what gun you want to get. It costs $10 and involves the exact same background check that you go through at the gun store anyway. It's redundant, and was written after the civil war to keep blacks from getting guns. Some sherriffs are still using it that way (there's a lawsuit going through right now because of the Jackson County Sherriff doing just that - discriminating based on race and sex).

Anyway, I know the Radway Green isn't technically AP, but it's the 62 grain "penetrator" that's supposed to get better penetration at long range than the 55 grain stuff.

If you want to know more about the laws surrounding pistols (always good to avoid felonies and other crimes) you can visit http://www.missouricarry.com and ask on the forums there.