Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 5:18PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Cardinals Postseason
PostPosted: Thu 10-05-2006 7:07PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Anyone following the playoffs and want to chat? 2 strong games in San Diego. Was REALLY impressed with Weaver today (not to say I didn't like Carpenter's performance on Tuesday, but I didn't think Weaver would be so good). It's especially nice to see the bullpen clicking. That's been a big downfall for us this year, and it's good to see clutch improvement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-05-2006 10:28PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
Hah, it's funny: 16 of 17 ESPN 'experts' picked San Diego to win this series. Now we're in line for a sweep (although Chris Young's nearly unhittable with a .206 BAA in '06).

Anyway, I wish we would've handed the closer job to Wainwright a whole heck of a lot earlier. I understand that we're paying Izzy nearly $9 million to due his job, but if he's not doing it, we have to give the opportunity to someone who can. Perhaps his injury is the best thing that could have happened to us for this playoff run. Anyone remember when K-Rod burst onto the scene? The kid used his filth to dominate everyone who came against him. I can see Wainwright doing the same.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-05-2006 11:02PM 
Major General

I agree. Izzy consistently left everything over the plate this year, and he had to realize he didn't have the heat that he did years ago. He really needs to work on his control, speeds, and movement of his pitches. That is, if he comes back from this surgery. Once Wainright and Reyes settle into their respective roles next year, I'll feel a lot more secure about the rotation and bullpen.

And yes, Chris Young may be unhittable, but Suppan has been just as good this second half, especially at home. Plus, if the Padres clutch hitting ability (or rather lack thereof) stays as it has been the first two games, we should feel at least like we have a chance to win on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-05-2006 11:34PM 
Major General

I've been following the postseason somewhat. It's nice to have a team that doesn't completely suck and can actually make it to the playoffs. The Blues were terrible last season, and its shaping up to be the same this season, and I just could not give a flying fuck about the Rams because football sucks.

No one's expecting the Cards to go too far this postseason and with good reason....Atlanta won the NL Central for us. But one of the sports guys on one of the STL news channels brought up an interesting point......in 04, the Red Sox has a less than spectacular September, same with the White Sox in 05, and they both went on to win the world series. Perhaps the Cardinals could do the same? After every losing streak, they seem to bounce back and kick some ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-06-2006 9:24AM 
Major General

Yeah, it'd be nice to get hot right now. My theory is that we were overwhelmingly the best regular season team in 04 and 05 (105 wins and 100 wins respectively), and we crapped out in the postseason. So, this year we're bound to win it all. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-07-2006 1:15AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
until we realize that its not a Cardinals postseason without putting izzy in to lose a game for us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-07-2006 9:52AM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
amd2800barton wrote:
until we realize that its not a Cardinals postseason without putting izzy in to lose a game for us!

Very true, but I think he blew enough games during the regular season to last him through the playoffs, ah, the memories!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-08-2006 10:42AM 
Major

i cover the cardinals from KTTR 99.7 fm. I really dislike baseball, but the job is AWESOME during the playoffs. Cards vs. Padres, Game 4, 6pm tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-08-2006 12:22PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Phi Kappa Theta
Syria wrote:
i cover the cardinals from KTTR 99.7 fm. I really dislike baseball, but the job is AWESOME during the playoffs. Cards vs. Padres, Game 4, 6pm tonight!

Actually, first pitch isn't until 6:30 our time. ESPN has to do their 30 min of BS before the game can start.

"What do you mean 'brought it bowling,' Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude." -Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-08-2006 10:37PM 
Brigadier General

Mets here we come

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-08-2006 10:59PM 
Major General

Hell yes. Great game today. Carp started slow, but when he picked it up, he was outstanding. It was nice to see Pujols not forced into winning the game for us. Looking forward to a good series with the Mets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-09-2006 1:03AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: TJ North
snipermav wrote:
Mets here we come

Mets are pond scum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-10-2006 12:43PM 
Sergeant

snocat17 wrote:
Syria wrote:

Actually, first pitch isn't until 6:30 our time. ESPN has to do their 30 min of BS before the game can start.

I actually was at the game, and got their about 6 expecting first pitch to be at 6:30. Turns out, first pitch wasn't until 7:15. Oh well, it was a hell of a game to be at. Now let's hope the Cards pitching can keep it up and the offense can take advantage of a Met's injury-riddled rotation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-10-2006 2:52PM 
Major

Love the Cardinals, but I'm terrified of being disappointed this year. I just hope the Mets don't come up and bite us in the ass (but, as I know next to nothing about stats between the teams, I might have little reason to complain).

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-10-2006 2:55PM 
Major General

LuvMyTreefrogs wrote:
Love the Cardinals, but I'm terrified of being disappointed this year. I just hope the Mets don't come up and bite us in the ass (but, as I know next to nothing about stats between the teams, I might have little reason to complain).

I think the mets were 4-2 against us, so we're definitely the underdogs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next