Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 6:25AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Paintball
PostPosted: Tue 11-28-2006 6:39PM 
Captain

Source: TJ North
Hey, does anyone paintball around here? just wondering. and if there is any places around rolla to go also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 11:03AM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
There used to be, but the people who started the club graduated and new people took it in a different direction and I haven't heard from it since.

I'd be interested in playing our old field in the woods near frat row (an actual field we built up with bunkers and a safe area and everything - not just playing in the woods which is kinda boring) but I don't know anybody any more. Everyone I know has graduated like three years ago.

I started out in 98 or 99 with a Stingray! I went through like five stingrays, modding them for looks and performance and then selling them. I went through a Raptor (I built a RT from Clippard and McMaster pneumatics parts, based on the Tippmann RT) and a crappy Sheridan XTS (worse than any of my stingrays) before I got a couple of electronic guns. I had a Rainmaker just for modding fun (I've never actually played with it) and I forget what the other one was, some JT gun that I sold later (I won it at a scenario game in Alabama). I ended up using a Phantom stock class gun (vertical gas, .45 grip, custom vertical pump handle, just like this one http://www.phantomonline.com/paintballg ... llguns.htm but with the blue acid wash and some custom work) and I do way better with that.

I'm interested in playing pretty much anything from scenarios to speedball with inflatable bunkers (so long as I'm allowed to bunker folks!).

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 1:09PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
I'm still around. The last President of the paintball club.

The UMR field is in pretty good shape, I've been going down there every now and then to check up on it.

As far as playing goes, the closest field is in DooLittle (5 minutes away) it's very small and couldn't hold a candle to the St Louis fields.

I still have all my gear, I'm willing to play but there hasn't been enough people to get together to make a true showing of it. Well you know me Prophet, bunkering always cool with me. It's the easiest way to learn to play too.

What type of play are you looking for? Rec/Pro?? I know both types here in town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 1:41PM 
Lieutenant

Source: TJ South
im up for any paintball you guys throw at me. i got all my gear down here. havent played since ive been here. Im really wanting to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 2:03PM 
Captain

ya i just got a shocker my friend is bring it down today, i have pants, jersey, mask, and pack. getting all new stuff for xmas. my best friend just got on a team in o'fallon mo and im prolly going to get on it this weekend but wont be able to practice with them during the week so i was trying to find people to play with here. ill play anything but really like airball, speedball, and brickyard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 2:28PM 
Captain

Source: Kelly Hall
I played against the refs at Wacky Warriors in brickyard once, they DEMOLISHED us :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 2:42PM 
Captain

lol ya i play with them every weekend. i used my friends quest and another friends shocker last weekend. no i have my own. im excited. the refs at wacky are pretty cool. what were u using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 4:21PM 
Major

Source: Harris Hall
There is still a painball club around; some of my cadets are in it. I assume you're talking about the painball field thingamajigger in the woods west of the powerline. If so, they've used that and the woods around it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 4:57PM 
Brigadier General

CPT Redleg wrote:
There is still a painball club around; some of my cadets are in it. I assume you're talking about the painball field thingamajigger in the woods west of the powerline. If so, they've used that and the woods around it.

Yeah, that one. I think somehow I got off of the paintball club email list? We should seriously get some games together. I can play every saturday morning, for sure, sunday afternoons after 3 probably too. Playing is cheap for me (filling 10 round cigar tubes is sooooo much easier on the wallet :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 5:07PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
watch out for him ^^^.
he's pretty good with that single shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 5:27PM 
Captain

ya that would be great. playing is cheap for me to. i get free fills and paint really cheap at wacky so...anytime let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 5:35PM 
Brigadier General

robertd wrote:
watch out for him ^^^.
he's pretty good with that single shot.

Or was, two years ago :) I haven't touched it since way back when.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 6:47PM 
Captain

Source: Kelly Hall
umrchem wrote:
lol ya i play with them every weekend. i used my friends quest and another friends shocker last weekend. no i have my own. im excited. the refs at wacky are pretty cool. what were u using?

My tippy A-5, double trigger and 14'' lapco bigshot. Nothing special :?

Im a rec ball player and i play mostly village/woodsball kind of things, so on brickyard they whooped me haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 8:28PM 
Lieutenant

Source: TJ South
umrchem wrote:
ya that would be great. playing is cheap for me to. i get free fills and paint really cheap at wacky so...anytime let me know

who do you know up there? 3 of my friends are the refs there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-29-2006 8:29PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
Yea, I would be in for a PB game. Pretty much anytime I'm free and I have air and paint.

"When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends."
-Japanese Proverb