Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 11:05AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Anyone know where to buy Black Powder
PostPosted: Fri 02-16-2007 2:10PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
I am looking for actual Black Powder (Not pyrodex) The place where i usually buy it (Denny Dennis) just lost their license. I would even travel to St louis for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02-16-2007 3:30PM 
Sergeant

Source: Fidelity
Bass Pro in Columbia might have it...Have you tried the little gunshop on the southern side of town on 63? Is there a reason you need black powder and not one of its close (and much easier to get ahold of) relatives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02-16-2007 3:34PM 
Major

I like to shoot black powder pistols, and they do not shoot well with pyrodex, even the good 777 stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02-16-2007 4:07PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fulton Hall
I'm pretty sure they have it at smokey acres.

Take 10th street out of town, past country mart on Forum. 10th street will be called BB highway, but just keep going on it. You'll go past a lot of stuff for a few miles, then there's a big S-curve heading to the right. Just at the end of the S-curve on the right, is Smokey Acres. They're open from 3-8 most weekdays but monday, I think. If they don't have black powder, then Ralph will know where to get it, or he can order it for you.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02-16-2007 9:00PM 
Brigadier General

after ozark outfitters old building collapsed, they moved into the plaza next to JCPenny's. try there. if they don't have it, they're a bass pro supplier and should be able to get it for you.

also, i think the indoor archery range on martin springs (west along 44) sells blackpowder supplies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 02-18-2007 1:54AM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

I found a store when I was out cruising one weekend. It's been a while since I've been there but it's worth a shot, maybe.

There's a sporting goods store off of I-44. Go out to the Doolittle/Newberg turnoff (is that Route D, or T?) You'll take the north outer road west for about 3 miles.

You know where Cookin' from Scratch in Doolittle is? It's right off I-44 about 5 miles west of here toward Springfield. The north-west outer road is the one across I-44 from Cookin from Scratch, continuing toward Springfield.

You follow that road out for about 2-3 miles and you get to a sporting goods store, they're a Bass Pro distributor, they've got a lot of fishing tackle, boat gear, and an impressive gun collection. Most pertinent to you, they've got reloading supplies. I've picked up a can of Pyrodex there. I'm not sure if they have black powder or not.

Your best bet is Google Map all the sporting goods stores around here and see if you can find it, and then give them a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 02-18-2007 3:35AM 
Brigadier General

bagvwf wrote:
I found a store when I was out cruising one weekend. It's been a while since I've been there but it's worth a shot, maybe.

There's a sporting goods store off of I-44. Go out to the Doolittle/Newberg turnoff (is that Route D, or T?) You'll take the north outer road west for about 3 miles.

You know where Cookin' from Scratch in Doolittle is? It's right off I-44 about 5 miles west of here toward Springfield. The north-west outer road is the one across I-44 from Cookin from Scratch, continuing toward Springfield.

You follow that road out for about 2-3 miles and you get to a sporting goods store, they're a Bass Pro distributor, they've got a lot of fishing tackle, boat gear, and an impressive gun collection. Most pertinent to you, they've got reloading supplies. I've picked up a can of Pyrodex there. I'm not sure if they have black powder or not.

Your best bet is Google Map all the sporting goods stores around here and see if you can find it, and then give them a call.

yeah, that was ozark outfitters from what i mentioned above. their building collapsed after we had that really bad ice storm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 02-19-2007 1:44AM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: MechE Building
Sucks for them. They were on some good acreage, seems like.

Ah well, they'll benefit from the extra traffic.