Source: Havener Center
New Bond Gun

pretty much the coolest thing ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 10:09AM 
Colonel

Source: Alpha Epsilon Pi
I want one! or 8.... Pretty bad ass!

Remember just because your bones are broken dosen't mean they wont stop bullets from hitting me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 11:19AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
I think the comments to the video are pretty funny. Also, why not just carry a regular gun? The folding seems kind of silly to me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 11:45AM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
and just to be clear: I just titled the link New Bond gun. I have no idea if it will be an actual bond gadget. Doubtful with the new (and better) twist the series has taken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 2:37PM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
If I could do a Form 4 transfer here in MO without having to get an FFL first, I'd be willing to do the paperwork (though I'd much rather see if I can get it transferred as an AOW for the $5 tax vs. the SBR $200 tax).

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 3:10PM 
Major General

the naked prophet wrote:
If I could do a Form 4 transfer here in MO without having to get an FFL first, I'd be willing to do the paperwork (though I'd much rather see if I can get it transferred as an AOW for the $5 tax vs. the SBR $200 tax).

Goodness. I've never had to do some much googling of terms for a single post. I think I have everything except for what a Form 4 transfer is.. and why you'd want to do one.

Am I on the right track saying that you'd like to have one of those gun. And that you could get in a different state, where you have a license for it. And you would rather it not be the Short Barrel Rifle tax range?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 6:17PM 
awesome yet humble

Source: RC I
i wonder if you were to carry the folded gun as a flashlight if it would count as a concealed weapon... since you are holding it in your hand, it isn't exactly concealed, but then again, the gun is cleverly hidden within the flashlight...

And then, the monkey died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 8:08PM 
Brigadier General

blitzvergnugen wrote:
the naked prophet wrote:

Goodness. I've never had to do some much googling of terms for a single post. I think I have everything except for what a Form 4 transfer is.. and why you'd want to do one.

Am I on the right track saying that you'd like to have one of those gun. And that you could get in a different state, where you have a license for it. And you would rather it not be the Short Barrel Rifle tax range?

If you read the comments on the link you provided they go over pretty much the same things.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 03-10-2008 8:36PM 
Major

lol, "if it gets nasty, get down to business. *grin*"

pretty neat little device there. Wonder how much one would cost if they had plans to make one, unlike what the guy stated in the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-11-2008 12:21PM 
Brigadier General

A firearm with a stock (which you put against your shoulder), but a barrel shorter than 16 inches, is considered to be a "short barreled rifle" or SBR for short. The National Firearms Act of 1934 imposed a mandatory registration and $200 tax on SBR, SBS (short bbl shotgun), machine guns, destructive devices (DD - like grenades, anti-tank rifles, artillery, etc) and silencers. It also included mandatory registration and $5 tax on an "any other weapon" (AOW) which is a gun which doesn't look like a gun.

In order to register any NFA-regulated (also known as Title II) firearm, you fill out a Form 4, and pay the $200 tax (unless it's an AOW, then it's a $5 tax). So, if you can register a shotgun with a short barrel as a "smoothbore pistol" which is a type of AOW, you can save yourself $195 of taxes. Likewise, if you could register the Magpul FMG-9 as an AOW (a gun which is disguised as a flashlight/radio/box), you could save money on the tax.

However, Missouri law forbids ownership of NFA-regulated items unless you hold a Federal Firearms License, or FFL. Other states have their own regulations, most have no regulations as those things are already heavily regulated and enforced by the feds.

So, if you live in MO, you have to register yourself as an FFL (which can be costly and paperwork-heavy), and THEN you get to deal with all the NFA paperwork on top of all that.

I'm just saying that in MO, it's not worth it for me, especially for what amounts to a cool toy that might be useful for a bodyguard but not really for me, since I can carry a pistol which can do almost everything the FMG-9 can do.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 03-11-2008 1:14PM 
Drowning

except have such an awesome beard

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail