Seek42
http://seek42.net/phpBB3/

Rifle Range?
http://seek42.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20392
Page 3 of 3

Author:  MirageX [ Wed 07-22-2009 9:36PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

Now, that would have been something to see.

Author:  LostBoyz [ Thu 07-23-2009 3:11AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

That is surprising. We had a bonfire out there, because the path to the fire pit was blocked by a small lake. We do some dome shit and never seem to light anything on fire, other than what we meant to of course.

Author:  dicky708 [ Thu 07-23-2009 10:52PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

I heard the kids that set it on fire were shooting spray paint cans and one blew up...It burned like 1300 acres. What a bunch of dumb fucks.

Author:  cwatkin [ Sun 05-02-2010 3:44PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

I know it has been a while since anyone posted here but I have some useful information.

I have recently heard that there is another shooting area (actually 3 or so spots real close to each other) off of Hwy P near Newburg. This is on National Forest land much like the one off south 63 but I have been told that you can shoot 400-600m at one of the locations if you like. I am thinking of checking this out and will post back how this is. I don't know the road condition, the setup, or if the area seems safe overall but want to find out. I have directions and will let everyone know once I positively locate the place.

Also, I recently went to the place on south 63. Someone had cleaned up the mess and did an excellent job. All the debris that had been accumulating had been swept up and the mounds of old shotgun shells had been picked up. I used to try to keep the mess down to a minimum by picking up the big pieces and stuff that could easily be recycled (shot up beer cans, plastic bottles, etc.) but it had really started to get out of hand with people setting bags of houshold trash out there and shooting them up. There was also a time someone had brought a full sized office copy machine out to the range along with a couple of laser printers and toner cartridges to shoot them up, leaving behind the bullet riddled hulks. There were also some TV's, microwaves, an old propane tank, etc. out there one time that I picked up and hauled to the recycle place at the south end of town. Anyway, the place looks really good now so hopefully it will take it a while to get really trashed again.

I am thinking of treating the shooting table/bench to a sheet of treated plywood to cover up the well abused and weathered planks. That top surface is really starting to get bad with some pretty decent sized holes, etc. that have been shot or burned through the wood so it would be nice to get a smooth surface again.

Author:  cwatkin [ Sun 05-02-2010 3:54PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

Can you post attachments/photos to Seek42? I have some pretty incredible night photos of a myself and others shooting Mosin Nagant M-44's. The fireballs are almost as large as the shooter.

Author:  Antster63 [ Sun 05-02-2010 5:44PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

cwatkin --

I was out there today (May 2nd) and I definitely concur... the place looks nice. I'm kinda sad they put mounds of rocks in the open field nearby... kinda killed my off-road buzz. :(

Author:  Cylord [ Mon 05-03-2010 9:34AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

Quote:
There was also a time someone had brought a full sized office copy machine out to the range along with a couple of laser printers and toner cartridges to shoot them up, leaving behind the bullet riddled hulks.


Office Space FTMFW!

Author:  Reefstiz [ Mon 05-03-2010 10:30AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

I like cleaning up the range after I leave, it makes me feel alive.

Also Mosin Nagants, FTW.

Author:  cwatkin [ Mon 05-03-2010 2:49PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

I could tell someone else was cleaning up the range so that is good. It seems to go through cycles where people leave it pretty nice and then it gets all cluttered up with crap.

Yes, Mosin Nagants are a lot of fun and a real blast to shoot. The shorter M-44 leaves a nice muzzle flash at night that is fun to photograph. No camera flash is required!

Author:  Kingkoopa [ Tue 05-18-2010 3:08PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

cwatkin wrote:
I have recently heard that there is another shooting area (actually 3 or so spots real close to each other) off of Hwy P near Newburg. This is on National Forest land much like the one off south 63 but I have been told that you can shoot 400-600m at one of the locations if you like. I am thinking of checking this out and will post back how this is. I don't know the road condition, the setup, or if the area seems safe overall but want to find out. I have directions and will let everyone know once I positively locate the place.


Well, that was indeed a fun little excursion wasn't it cwatkin. :D All I have to say is that AWD rocks.

Author:  MirageX [ Mon 10-11-2010 4:19PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

Any updates on South 63 range conditions? Also, how exactly do I get there?

And cwatkin/Kingkoopa, what resulted from your excursion to ~Newburg?

Author:  Firestryfe [ Tue 10-12-2010 9:34AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

Three weekends ago the road was torn up really bad, but then two weekends ago someone went through with a plow and smoothed out the whole road. The entrance hill is pretty steep when trying to leave, if you're in a car like we were you have to get a running start and hope for the best, otherwise you'll get stuck about halfway up and have to do it all over again.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... =UTF8&z=13

Author:  MirageX [ Tue 10-12-2010 6:46PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Rifle Range?

Firestryfe wrote:
Three weekends ago the road was torn up really bad, but then two weekends ago someone went through with a plow and smoothed out the whole road. The entrance hill is pretty steep when trying to leave, if you're in a car like we were you have to get a running start and hope for the best, otherwise you'll get stuck about halfway up and have to do it all over again.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... =UTF8&z=13



Thanks Firestryfe

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/