Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 3:17AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy Complaint Day!
PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 12:00PM 
Drowning

Source: Off Campus
I try to never go to walmart, so no Ive never gone for one thing.

Pedestrian rules apply to only sidewalks on the side of roads.
There are bike racks in front of every building for a reason, obviously the paths that lead to them are for bikes.
Common sense tells me when you have a ramp next to a flight of stairs that the ramp is for things that are not meant to go up or down stairs. When I did ride my bike around campus usually i would say fuck it and carry my bike down the stairs while lazy unobservant "pedestrians" could use the ramp.

There are overzealous bikers who think they own the path, I would say they are in the minority. Usually I see bikers nearly kill themselves avoiding unobservant walkers.

It is amazing how many people walk around campus looking at their feet. I have spent a fair amount of time on the roofs and not one person has ever seen me.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 6:21PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Attack! Rat wrote:
First, the best way to be right is to be technically right. I'm sorry, but every 16 year old, well actually every 15 year old in the state of Missouri should know what a pedestrian is. Sorry for expecting more out of a Rolla student than a 15 year old Missourian... Guess I was wrong, you are not smarter than a 15 year old Missouri high school student :roll:

Second, my Wal-Mart argument... It stands. You may enjoy riding your bike around, but everything changes when all of a sudden everyone else has more wheels and are going faster than you, doesn't it? Like you've never gone to Wal-Mart for one thing.....

Third, you completely miss my point. Bikers think they own the sidewalks on campus. Bikers have an obligation to let themselves be known to the students they literally ride on top of until they move over. So, do you have a little bell on your handlebars to warn pedestrians to 'get out of your way'??? No of course not....

Is your biggest complaint not the ramp between the library and comp sci? And if it is, then why can't you just go around the library? No steps, no ramps, you do love riding after all, what's another 30 seconds. Well, it's because you want to take the shortest route possible to Toomey (let's say), just as the pedestrian is to the library. Unfortunately, until they designate that ramp for only bikes and wheelchairs, you have NO standing determing who is allowed on it to take the shortest route to a destination because, well, it wasn't built for you at all was it? The person walking always will move, if they don't, well, they are being an even bigger ass than even the bike rider. But getting on their ass with no warning (i.e. didn't hear your little handlebar bell "ring ring, ring ring" which of course never happens anyways) expect to ride in the grass. Being a lover of bicycling, the grass shouldn't represent any challenge to you anyways!

Come on, riding your bike to campus is one thing... Riding your bike from Comp Sci to Toomey is another.

The Attack! Rat has spoken (in the third person yet again!!! OMG! The Attack! Rat expects and also accepts your challenges. OMG Who is this Attack! Rat, he who talks about himself in the 3rd person, has he never taken an English class or is he simply THAT bad ass?).

I'm going to stop responding to you in this thread. I've made my points, they're good points, and you're still fixated on the misuse of a single word, not to mention you keep making huge generalizations about non-pedestrians (OMG I CAN USE THE WORD CORRECTLY). In addition, based on the post above that I quoted, I seriously think you're either semi-retarded or a troll.

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 7:00PM 
Major

ben laden wrote:
In addition, based on the post above that I quoted, I seriously think you're either semi-retarded or a troll.

What if he's a semi-retarded troll?

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 8:36PM 
awesome yet humble

jahornung wrote:
ben laden wrote:
In addition, based on the post above that I quoted, I seriously think you're either semi-retarded or a troll.

What if he's a semi-retarded troll?

There are semi-retarded trolls? I thought all trolls were retarded...

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 8:43PM 
Major

Quote:
Second, my Wal-Mart argument... It stands. You may enjoy riding your bike around, but everything changes when all of a sudden everyone else has more wheels and are going faster than you, doesn't it? Like you've never gone to Wal-Mart for one thing.....

First, I have ridden my bike to Walmart a few times when I needed one or two things. You obviously have not. It's easy getting there. I get up to almost 30 going down 63. It's coming back thats the hard part. Going from nearly the lowest part in town to the highest part in town is no picnic.

Quote:
Third, you completely miss my point. Bikers think they own the sidewalks on campus. Bikers have an obligation to let themselves be known to the students they literally ride on top of until they move over. So, do you have a little bell on your handlebars to warn pedestrians to 'get out of your way'??? No of course not....

Second, I do warn people I'm coming up to them if I am unable to go around them. I politely say "On your left" or "On your right" and most people get it and move a little to either side. Its assholes that don't move no matter what that piss me off and force me to lock up my wheels, nearly crashing, to avoid hitting them. Momentum is everything to a bicyclist.

Quote:
Is your biggest complaint not the ramp between the library and comp sci? And if it is, then why can't you just go around the library? No steps, no ramps, you do love riding after all, what's another 30 seconds. Well, it's because you want to take the shortest route possible to Toomey (let's say), just as the pedestrian is to the library. Unfortunately, until they designate that ramp for only bikes and wheelchairs, you have NO standing determing who is allowed on it to take the shortest route to a destination because, well, it wasn't built for you at all was it?

Are you fucking retarded? (rhetorical question fyi) Dur...the ramp is for people walking and the stairs are for wheeled vehicles...dur. Seriously man.

Quote:
Come on, riding your bike to campus is one thing... Riding your bike from Comp Sci to Toomey is another.

How many times do we have to say this. If my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class is in Comp Sci, Toomey, and UC (respectively) I am probably going to want to keep my bike near to where I am and not have to backtrack. How hard is that to understand. O, sorry. I forgot you are retarded.

Quote:
The Attack! Rat has spoken (in the third person yet again!!! OMG! The Attack! Rat expects and also accepts your challenges. OMG Who is this Attack! Rat, he who talks about himself in the 3rd person, has he never taken an English class or is he simply THAT bad ass?).

Wow. You really should see a psychiatrist. And as with Ben, I am done with you. You obviously have no common sense whatsoever and will never become mature enough to open yourself to other opinions. Have fun living life alone because you will push everyone around you away.

-6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Ram
-eVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB Video Card
-Razer Barracuda 7.1 Sound Card
-8 HD's totaling 5820GB Storage
-Corsair 1000HX 1000W PSU

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 3:33AM 
Sergeant

Someone has already nailed me... There is only one who has the nerve to name me on campus, and I expext surname. Ryan is so easy, very popular name. Was not our Seek42 overlord also named Ryan? I expect a last name, as long as you don't ruin my 5 dollar pizzas which is impossible, or so i think!!! Don't Attack! Rat me out!!!

Seeing as how you are done with me, I can expect no response from you... (Doubtful).

The ramp between Social Sciences and the Library is not meant for bike riders. Since you are done with me, and I just proved you are wrong, I win.... Unfortunately it is not that easy... You will be back. And while attacking me argument also refute your own about how you won't attack it.

Why? Because YOU ARE WRONG!!! wheeled vehicles? awesome! You make it too easy you probably should retire from the thread!!!

The Attack! Rat doesn't bother with BS responses, only legitimate ones. Something apparently no one in Rolla is ready to offer??? Doubt it! Rolla is full of smart people, smarter than you and me. Somebody needs to put Attack! Rat in her place!!! I'm scared! It can happen, someone has maybe nailed me... Call me out with a last name and the Attack! Rat will bow in response!!!

Hint: Popular first name also the fourth most popular surname. First person to email me wins an Attack! Rat's baby.

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 4:10AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Complaint: the proportion of crazy people (see above) in Rolla is way too high.

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 4:22AM 
Drowning

Ryan P Taylor, please seek professional help

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 5:48AM 
Major

LostBoyz wrote:

You're supposed to list floor and room number as well so that we can help him with private counseling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 8:27AM 
Brigadier General

Twilyte wrote:
LostBoyz wrote:

You're supposed to list floor and room number as well so that we can help him with private counseling.

If he does that, there is a 100% chance we will see another crime bulletin in the very near future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 10:59AM 
awesome yet humble

cmptrnrd16 wrote:
Twilyte wrote:
LostBoyz wrote:

If he does that, there is a 100% chance we will see another crime bulletin in the very near future.

Planning another sexual assault, are we?

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 12:08PM 
Brigadier General

el_lorenzo wrote:
cmptrnrd16 wrote:

Planning another sexual assault, are we?

I see what you did there. But no, the first two (three?) were not me. In fact, to clarify, none of them have ever been me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 3:30PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Fidelity
Hold it! This is beginning to get WAY off topic (not uncommon), so I am resetting the focus of this thread:

POST YOUR COMPLAINTS - NO REBUTTALS

If you want to discuss a solution to someone's complaint, start another thread. This flame war ends now (at least here). Take it to a different thread.

My complaint: Why can't opinions be respected, and discussions be held on the internet without them mutating into personal battles and spawning vendettas. Everyone here is as human as you are, meaning their voice is no softer and no louder than your own in terms of importance. If you think otherwise, it is because you have either developed a massive superiority complex, or given them that power over yourself, respectively.

Regardless of my complaint, stay on topic. My next re-railing won't be so gentle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 3:43PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Oh, well thank god we all have Shadowcat to watch over us and get us back on track when we get OFF TOPIC. Good thing he was GENTLE on us so we didn't take it so hard; that would really damage our self-esteem.

My Complaint: People not realizing that the thread has been open for long enough for most people to get their complaints in so if the thread evolves it's ok.

LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOZLZOZLZZZZ

PostPosted: Fri 03-27-2009 5:16PM 
post whore
post whore

My complaint: IT'S NOT FUCKING COMPLAINT DAY ANYMORE, QUIT YOUR BITCHING.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next