Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 12:27PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy Complaint Day!
PostPosted: Wed 03-11-2009 7:03PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: Somewhere On Campus
Complaint:

How rude Chank, how rude.

PostPosted: Wed 03-11-2009 7:58PM 
Major General

Source: Beta Sigma Psi
Tom Green wrote:
for the record, normally i do just go onto the grass with my mountain bike, little harder on road bikes tho... and it's just those few places you can't do that... and one particular time this winter when we had all that snow that happened and i finally got pissed and tried to just barrel around through 6 inches of snow... didn't work out so well.

EDIT: besides, you're supposed to be coming up with more stuff to bitch about, not pointing out all the flaws in the things i bitched about!

I'm just bitching about what you have to bitch about. Again i say:

Kamakazi wrote:
Chankster wrote:
Quote:
<Chankster> people are like OHNOES i was trying to drive on the sidewalk and there were these pesky pedestrians getting in my way
<Chankster> HEAVEN FORBID THE PEDESTRIANS WALK ON THE SIDEWALK

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-11-2009 8:21PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
lol i think i'm fighting a losing battle.

..... damn pedestrians

on to another complaint: WTF is up with all these old people getting facebook? people's parents and stuff... i'm glad my parents are technologically inept. I remember the good old days when facebook was college kids only.

PostPosted: Thu 03-12-2009 12:05AM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Source: Off Campus
Chankster wrote:
Quote:
<Chankster> people are like OHNOES i was trying to drive on the sidewalk and there were these pesky pedestrians getting in my way
<Chankster> HEAVEN FORBID THE PEDESTRIANS WALK ON THE SIDEWALK

Just because someone has legs and is walking on campus doesn't mean they should walk wherever there is concrete? The example I mentioned involves a path where people walk more around a ramp versus walking less around some stairs. It's bullshit that the vast majority of people choose to take the ramp path, which sucks if you're on transportation that doesn't make it easy to traverse stairs.

Oh, Kamikazi, thanks for being an unhelpful jackass, by the way. Stop riding a longboard? Sorry for using a form of transportation that gets me from one place to the other quicker, maybe next time I'll just break my fucking legs so I go a little slower and I'm less out of peoples' ways? Next time I'll argue that people walking is less convenient for me so I'll tell people to stop walking. Fucking retard.

PostPosted: Thu 03-12-2009 12:19AM 
Major

i think we all need to see some nice tits this st. pat's break...

PostPosted: Thu 03-12-2009 1:04AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Tom Green wrote:

You are in the wrong town for that kind of party. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 03-12-2009 1:11AM 
Major

ShadowCat38 wrote:
Tom Green wrote:

You are in the wrong town for that kind of party. :(

unfortunately.... also brings us back to a previous complaint about it being too cold. Although it might make it more entertaining, the cold temps probably make it even more unlikely.

PostPosted: Thu 03-12-2009 5:34AM 
Major

It's a day late, but...

Screw you all, I have to be in school today and tomorrow - and through spring break - anyway.

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

PostPosted: Thu 03-12-2009 9:06AM 
Brigadier General

Investment Reality waking me up to change my GOD DAMN AIR FILTER!!!!

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 9:30PM 
Sergeant

My complaint involves bike riders. I know that TJ is sooo far away. But this isn't that big of a campus. You don't need to ride your bike from Comp Sci to Toomey. Or even Comp Sci to Shrenk. Or even TJ to the Quad. Bike riders need to get over themselves.

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 9:49PM 
Major

Source: Somewhere On Campus
My complaint is about pedestrians. They think that just because they are walking, they have absolute right away. Walking in groups of two down the exact center of the sidewalk making it impossible to pass someone without having to go into the possibly wet grass/mud and getting shit all over their backs. Also pedestrians using the ramp in between HSS and the Library. They of course can't take the stairs that are right next to the ramp, as well as walking incredibly slowly as they go down the ramp, once again making it impossible for a person on a wheeled transport to pass. Bike riders usually go around pedestrians themselves, but it would make it a ton easier if pedestrians wouldn't think they are the best and would become a team player. O, and sorry if we ride our bike from CompSci to Toomey. Personally, if I have my bike, I'm going to keep it near where I am. There are bike racks near every building for a reason. /rant

Edit: Me saying this does not mean everyone is like this. The majority of people do have proper understanding and share the sidewalk very nicely with bike riders. But, there are the select few that don't. This rant is for the latter.

-6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Ram
-eVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB Video Card
-Razer Barracuda 7.1 Sound Card
-8 HD's totaling 5820GB Storage
-Corsair 1000HX 1000W PSU

Last edited by Kingkoopa on Wed 03-18-2009 9:55PM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 9:54PM 

Attack! Rat wrote:
My complaint involves bike riders. I know that TJ is sooo far away. But this isn't that big of a campus. You don't need to ride your bike from Comp Sci to Toomey. Or even Comp Sci to Shrenk. Or even TJ to the Quad. Bike riders need to get over themselves.

WTF, are you retarded? No one NEEDS to ride a bike. But it makes things a lot easier and faster, regardless of the distance you have to go. Oh, and let's not forget that whole factor of "oh, hey, some people actually ENJOY riding their bike."
I ride my longboard everywhere when it's not cold out, even if I don't have far to go, just because it's a fun ride.

PostPosted: Sat 03-21-2009 2:44AM 
Sergeant

Wow struck a nerve with the bikers...

I'm saying there is absolutely no point in riding your bike from Comp Sci Building at 950 AM to Toomey for a class at 10 AM. It's stupid because our campus is walkable from end to end within 5 minutes. And don't say you can't, we all know its possible. I understand people off campus, but come on, even they don't need to ride their bike from Rolla Building to Civil...

Our campus is too small to justify the biking from TJ to EE. It takes a whole 5 minutes to walk it. God!!

And if you enjoy riding your bike, that's fine, but do NOT complain about all the other students for not dodging you sidewalk. Bet most of you don't ride your bike to Wal-Mart too... The campus isn't big enough! The bikers are causing the problems, not the students going to class!

Why not ride to Wal-Mart? Let's be honest, you don't want to deal with the cars... Likewise, the students on campus are tired of dealing with bikers who think they own the sidewalk. You ride a bike and expect equal vehicle and bicycle rights... Then stay off sidewalks!!! Sidewalks are for pedestrians not bicyclists. Ride down 63 to campus and stay off the walkway from TJ to campus... The bicyclists want it both ways.... They want the street and the walkway... Ride your bike down 63 and no one would ever question you. Stay off the walkways!

PostPosted: Sat 03-21-2009 10:28AM 
Drowning

sidewalks that are on the side of roads are for people walking, when you have concrete paths no where near a road it is fair game. If you really think our campus is too small for bikes, then maybe you should petition to have all the bike racks removed. Im surprised I typed this long of a post. You sir, are an idiot.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 03-21-2009 12:46PM 

Yeah, I'm practically speechless at your post.

First of all, with your Wal-Mart argument, you realize that you can't carry groceries and ride a bike at the same?
Second of all, there's no point in riding a bike from somewhere to somewhere else? Well shit son, you sir have indeed considered all of the factors. Your logic is irrefutable.

OH WAIT.
Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, if you had bothered to read it, some people actually enjoy riding a bike or longboard or scooter or casterboard (the last of which are suddenly ubiquitous on campus). Even if they're going somewhere two buildings away, they may take joy in the ride there. And your example, riding from CompSci to Toomey. What if their next class was in the Rolla Building or Schrenk? Maybe they didn't want to backtrack to CompSci and then head to Schrenk. What's wrong with not wanting to take the time to walk somewhere and instead making travel 5 times faster? I personally don't like walking places. It feels like time that could be spent.....well, doing anything besides walking, really. I don't enjoy walking, and that's even on the days where my knees and/or back AREN'T killing me.

YOU have to accept the fact that our campus is absurdly unfriendly to any pedestrians who aren't walking. And you could make the argument that our campus is too small to justify a separate path for bikers/boarders, but now you understand the reason why so many of us are pissed off and frustrated with walkers who simply aren't aware of what's going on around them.

Turns out I wasn't as speechless as I thought.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next