Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 9:13AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: No means no?
PostPosted: Mon 03-16-2009 2:58PM 
post whore
post whore

Source: Off Campus
queenbee wrote:
Ps. To Blitz especially not funny

Oh snap!

PostPosted: Mon 03-16-2009 3:56PM 
Drowning

queenbee wrote:
You all may be amusing yourselves making fun of rape victims but I find no humor. I realize these are probably very drunk girls who are in no state to concent or not but nobody asks to be sexually assulted. I feel sorry for these girls and hope that they are safer next time they party.

Ps. To Blitz especially not funny

Maybe they should plan their nights better and not get absurdly drunk. More often then you think, 2 people are drunk and hook up, but if the woman regrets it the next day she can file charges for sexual assault/rape and usually it goes to the woman.

Thats not to say sexual assault and rape dont happen, it does and it is a terrible crime. What should also be a crime is making bad decision and playing the blame game.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 03-16-2009 7:14PM 
bertowned
bertowned

LostBoyz wrote:
Thats not to say sexual assault and rape dont happen, it does and it is a terrible crime. What should also be a crime is making bad decision and playing the blame game.

Agreed. This happened to a friend of mine every time his [now ex]girlfriend went to a party. For some people drinking is just their excuse for cheating.

Also if anyone even tries to say that we should get rid of St. Pats because of this I'm prepared to go out on a limb and say we should not have elected a [insert bigot adjective of your choice here] president. When its terrible that such a bad thing should happen when people should be having a good time.

PostPosted: Tue 03-17-2009 12:20PM 
Major

Source: Somewhere On Campus
dont blame blitz for the girl wearing that shirt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 8:49AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
You can choose to walk down a dark alley in East St. Louis at 2am, does that mean it's your fault if you get mugged or beaten? That depends on what definition you use for "fault." There are certainly better options - such as using the interstate to drive right past the place, visiting during the daytime, or going to a safer place instead.

You can choose to leave a stack of cash sitting in your car with the windows down, does that make it your fault if someone steals your cash? Stealing the money is still wrong, but...

Likewise, there are many women who choose to go to a party full of guys with blue balls and bad judgment, and get so drunk they are incapable of saying no. Is it their fault they get raped? They certainly didn't make a decision to avoid a situation they knew was dangerous. It is not her fault, but that's a very thin line.

Edit - this obviously does not apply to all rape cases. But it certainly does apply to a significant number.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 1:09PM 
post whore
post whore

I'm pretty sure that in Ohio, if you get drunk of your own accord then you're still accountable for your actions and considered capable of making decisions/entering contracts/consenting/etc. The reasoning is that it was your decision to drink, and your decision on how much to drink - therefore, it's all in your hands. Can't claim rape/being taken advantage of/assault if you consented to sex while under the influence.

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 9:19PM 
Sergeant

benm wrote:
I'm pretty sure that in Ohio, if you get drunk of your own accord then you're still accountable for your actions and considered capable of making decisions/entering contracts/consenting/etc. The reasoning is that it was your decision to drink, and your decision on how much to drink - therefore, it's all in your hands. Can't claim rape/being taken advantage of/assault if you consented to sex while under the influence.

And that's the rationale of the rapist. That's also the rationale of the statutory rapist, "Well, she may only be 13, but she acted like she was 24..." Too bad we're not in Ohio anymore, eh? Truly could have made it "The Best Ever!" Really, was anyone else shocked? Not the Attack! Rat.

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 9:49PM 
Sergeant

Quote:
Maybe they should plan their nights better and not get absurdly drunk. More often then you think, 2 people are drunk and hook up, but if the woman regrets it the next day she can file charges for sexual assault/rape and usually it goes to the woman.

It should be noted that the man can also file charges if he feels violated in some way. The law is not slanted to one gender.

Also, you boys are totally underestimating your entire gender. To say that it is a girls fault for getting too drunk, is also to say that the man involved has no self control or moral upstanding. I guess that I have higher expectations of you all then you yourselves do.

And to say that these girls put themselves in the situation to be assulted/violated/raped/whatever is no excuse for the fact that it happens or does not happen. This is like saying that women should not be allowed to go to school here because there are too many boys who cannot control themselves. So according to that logic, I myself am subjucting myself to huge risk by just being an S&T gal. Poor logic. You all can say that these dumb girls who come in for Pats and get too drunk are at fault but I blame the mentality that it is OK and encouraged to hook up when you are drunk. Both sides are at fault here, it is hardly fair to entirely blame these girls.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 10:30PM 
Drowning

queenbee wrote:
Quote:

It should be noted that the man can also file charges if he feels violated in some way. The law is not slanted to one gender.

Also, you boys are totally underestimating your entire gender. To say that it is a girls fault for getting too drunk, is also to say that the man involved has no self control or moral upstanding. I guess that I have higher expectations of you all then you yourselves do.

And to say that these girls put themselves in the situation to be assulted/violated/raped/whatever is no excuse for the fact that it happens or does not happen. This is like saying that women should not be allowed to go to school here because there are too many boys who cannot control themselves. So according to that logic, I myself am subjucting myself to huge risk by just being an S&T gal. Poor logic. You all can say that these dumb girls who come in for Pats and get too drunk are at fault but I blame the mentality that it is OK and encouraged to hook up when you are drunk. Both sides are at fault here, it is hardly fair to entirely blame these girls.

The law is very much slanted to one gender. Yes a man could indeed try and file charges, though what guy would? Joke aside, if you look at cases it will almost always go to the woman's word over the mans.

If you go to a party, you are going to be social (get drunk) and be around other people. Whether you are looking to hang out or meet someone, you have to understand others are doing the same. If you are going to a party, get hammered, and have no one looking out for you, you might end up doing something you will regret. You cannot blame an equally hammered member of the opposite sex just because you feel bad about it.

Stop acting like all men are scum, or even portraying them as sober taking advantage of a drunk girl. People of both sexes get wasted and make bad decisions. One of them gets to wake up the next morning and press charges to make themselves feel better.

Again, I am fully aware that actual sexual assault and rape occur. It is one of the worst crimes and should be punishable as such. Those terms should not be frivolously thrown on random drunk hookups.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 10:45PM 
Major

LostBoyz wrote:
queenbee wrote:
Quote:

The law is very much slanted to one gender. Yes a man could indeed try and file charges, though what guy would? Joke aside, if you look at cases it will almost always go to the woman's word over the mans.

If you go to a party, you are going to be social (get drunk) and be around other people. Whether you are looking to hang out or meet someone, you have to understand others are doing the same. If you are going to a party, get hammered, and have no one looking out for you, you might end up doing something you will regret. You cannot blame an equally hammered member of the opposite sex just because you feel bad about it.

Stop acting like all men are scum, or even portraying them as sober taking advantage of a drunk girl. People of both sexes get wasted and make bad decisions. One of them gets to wake up the next morning and press charges to make themselves feel better.

Again, I am fully aware that actual sexual assault and rape occur. It is one of the worst crimes and should be punishable as such. Those terms should not be frivolously thrown on random drunk hookups.

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 11:11PM 
Drowning

95 is to a point where that is really old. TBH I didnt look anything up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-18-2009 11:25PM 
Major

The following info comes from one of these two sites:
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict.htm
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st229
- 60% of rapes are never reported
- of the rapes that were reported, 16.3% of the alleged rapists spent any time in prison
- 1 in 6 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime

PostPosted: Thu 03-19-2009 9:13AM 
pwned by heretic
pwned by heretic

tommytomtomtom wrote:
The following info comes from one of these two sites:
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict.htm
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st229
- 60% of rapes are never reported
- of the rapes that were reported, 16.3% of the alleged rapists spent any time in prison
- 1 in 6 women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime

What about guys?
Girls get raped and never do anything, what about guys. I would put think that a larger percentage of guys get raped and don't do anything than girls.

PostPosted: Thu 03-19-2009 9:18AM 
bertowned
bertowned

dannyboyfx wrote:
What about guys?
Girls get raped and never do anything, what about guys. I would put think that a larger percentage of guys get raped and don't do anything than girls.

That's a good point. Society seems to have done an about face - either nobody cares if a guy gets sexually abused or the person becomes a social outcast.

PostPosted: Thu 03-19-2009 10:59AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
There are movies on Lifetime about this shit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next