Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 2:30PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: No means no?
PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 11:15AM 
Major General

Source: Off Campus
Or they could start wearing this: http://www.antirape.co.za/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-rape_ ... m#Rape-aXe

Of course that could lead to some interesting situations where a girl actually wants to hook up with a guy, but gets too drunk and forgets to take it out.

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 3:35AM 
Sergeant

berto wrote:
Attack! Rat wrote:
This is the kind of logic that will gaurantee even more crime bulletins sent to my email next St. Pat's.

There are people who prey on this concept. Just like people will prey on 12 year olds, others will prey on drunk chicks. It's a community effort to prevent this from happening. This is our community here, and every chance we have to root out the bastards we must take! It's so easy to blame the girl for being drunk though, isn't it? Jealous you probably are.

You better re-read your logic as it is far more flawed than mine. I bet you're one of those people who blames musicians for all the bad things that happen to kids that listen to their music as opposed to the parents, aren't you? Because in your world, the victim party is NEVER to blame. But it's your type of thinking that will inevitably lead to more emails next St. Pats. Heaven forbid you hold people accountable for their actions. And to say that I'm jealous is really... wow. Childish? Dumb? I really hope you aren't as ignorant in real life as you are in this thread.

One more thing, how exactly do we remove these people from our community? It can be anyone, including your closest friends whom you SWEAR you know. I don't see this as possible unless we're in some shitty movie like Minority Report.

No offense, but WTF are you talking about? If I was blaming something like music for something a kid did, exactly what 'victim' am I blaming? The kid obviously wouldn't be a victim if he perpetuated the crime. Likewise, the music couldn't be the victim unless he illegally downloaded it I guess. Did you really turn my 'guys shouldn't rape girls no matter if they are drunk or not' statement into kids who commit suicide because of a song?

Unbelievable. Just because you are drunk, in a vagina challenged campus doesn't give you the right to rape drunk girls. How exactly does my anti-rape of drunk girls stance guarantee an increase in the amount of crime bulletins I will receive next St. Pat's (besides it being the Best Ever of course!!!)?

So I see, since it may be my best friend, or your best friend (it's probably someone's best friend), let's just blame the girl for coming to Rolla looking hot and getting drunk???

I'd love to have even more girls from SLU and Mizzou and Truman on campus. I'd love for them to have a good time. But, hey, they came to Rolla, they must've deserved it, right? Un-Freaking-Believable! BTW, my girl and I leave Rolla on St. Pat's for partially exactly this reason. The other partial reason, roller hockey. 8)

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 8:19AM 
Major

I think you are missing the point, the debate mainly started with the fact that a female can say she was raped because she regretted her decision the night before while she was drunk and had poor judgment and most likely get away with it. People make poor decisions while they are drunk, but this doesn't give you the right to blame others for your poor judgment. The point is that if you put yourself in a situation that puts yourself into danger then you must be willing to accept part of the responsibility of what might happen. Also, in the case of being too drunk to say no, one must take responsibility for you own actions. If you can't take care of yourself then you shouldn't drink so much, there is a huge difference between drinking and getting shit faced and you should know your limits before drinking in a setting with lots of people.

You are following with most of our idea, if you don't want to have to worry about being in a bad situation then you should remove your self from that possibility, by leaving town and not attending a party that could put you in trouble.

Also no one is saying that rape can be ok, rape is wrong no matter if drinking is involved or not, end of story.

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 8:45AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
ben laden wrote:
the naked prophet wrote:
I agree. If the female victim was not drinking, there is only one good way for an attempted rape to turn out - she shoots him, and he dies on the spot. No rape, no lengthy trial, no debates over whether it's moral to execute a rapist.

Oh yeah, sounds like a fucking great plan. Let's all carry guns to parties, especially over St. Pat's. That doesn't sound like a recipe for disaster at all.

I guess you missed the part where I said "if the victim was not drinking" ie. if she was not at a St. Pat's party, and it was a forcible type of rape.

Guns at binge drinking parties is a bad idea. Not going to a binge drinking party is a much safer alternative in general, guns or not.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 10:10AM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

the naked prophet wrote:
ben laden wrote:
the naked prophet wrote:
I agree. If the female victim was not drinking, there is only one good way for an attempted rape to turn out - she shoots him, and he dies on the spot. No rape, no lengthy trial, no debates over whether it's moral to execute a rapist.

Oh yeah, sounds like a fucking great plan. Let's all carry guns to parties, especially over St. Pat's. That doesn't sound like a recipe for disaster at all.

I guess you missed the part where I said "if the victim was not drinking" ie. if she was not at a St. Pat's party, and it was a forcible type of rape.

Guns at binge drinking parties is a bad idea. Not going to a binge drinking party is a much safer alternative in general, guns or not.

Oh, yeah, I did miss that. And in that case I'll have to agree with you. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 11:07AM 
Sergeant

blitzvergnugen wrote:
Or they could start wearing this: http://www.antirape.co.za/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-rape_ ... m#Rape-aXe

Of course that could lead to some interesting situations where a girl actually wants to hook up with a guy, but gets too drunk and forgets to take it out.

I am pretty forgetful but I should probably get one of these just to be safe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 11:21AM 
post whore
post whore

Attack! Rat wrote:
berto wrote:
Attack! Rat wrote:
This is the kind of logic that will gaurantee even more crime bulletins sent to my email next St. Pat's.

There are people who prey on this concept. Just like people will prey on 12 year olds, others will prey on drunk chicks. It's a community effort to prevent this from happening. This is our community here, and every chance we have to root out the bastards we must take! It's so easy to blame the girl for being drunk though, isn't it? Jealous you probably are.

You better re-read your logic as it is far more flawed than mine. I bet you're one of those people who blames musicians for all the bad things that happen to kids that listen to their music as opposed to the parents, aren't you? Because in your world, the victim party is NEVER to blame. But it's your type of thinking that will inevitably lead to more emails next St. Pats. Heaven forbid you hold people accountable for their actions. And to say that I'm jealous is really... wow. Childish? Dumb? I really hope you aren't as ignorant in real life as you are in this thread.

One more thing, how exactly do we remove these people from our community? It can be anyone, including your closest friends whom you SWEAR you know. I don't see this as possible unless we're in some shitty movie like Minority Report.

No offense, but WTF are you talking about? If I was blaming something like music for something a kid did, exactly what 'victim' am I blaming? The kid obviously wouldn't be a victim if he perpetuated the crime. Likewise, the music couldn't be the victim unless he illegally downloaded it I guess. Did you really turn my 'guys shouldn't rape girls no matter if they are drunk or not' statement into kids who commit suicide because of a song?

Unbelievable. Just because you are drunk, in a vagina challenged campus doesn't give you the right to rape drunk girls. How exactly does my anti-rape of drunk girls stance guarantee an increase in the amount of crime bulletins I will receive next St. Pat's (besides it being the Best Ever of course!!!)?

So I see, since it may be my best friend, or your best friend (it's probably someone's best friend), let's just blame the girl for coming to Rolla looking hot and getting drunk???

I'd love to have even more girls from SLU and Mizzou and Truman on campus. I'd love for them to have a good time. But, hey, they came to Rolla, they must've deserved it, right? Un-Freaking-Believable! BTW, my girl and I leave Rolla on St. Pat's for partially exactly this reason. The other partial reason, roller hockey. 8)

Like Jahornung said, I don't think we're talking about back alley, "Make a noise and I'll slit your throat" rape. We're talking more about girls getting drunk and wanting to have sex at the time, then regretting it in the morning and saying it was rape.

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 6:05PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

benm wrote:
Attack! Rat wrote:

Like Jahornung said, I don't think we're talking about back alley, "Make a noise and I'll slit your throat" rape. We're talking more about girls getting drunk and wanting to have sex at the time, then regretting it in the morning and saying it was rape.

Don't try to argue intelligently with Attack Rat; it's futile, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how.

PostPosted: Sun 06-07-2009 3:52AM 
Sergeant

Been gone for a while. Wish I could claim doing anything important, but wasn't.

But seriously... raping drunk chicks who wanted it at the time....

Even in high school, there was always a rule for 'the drunk chicks'.

LOL! ROFLMFMFAO LOL!!!

If it wasn't so serious and sad....

PostPosted: Sun 06-07-2009 5:26PM 
Spanish

Ryan P. Taylor: thanks for reviving a dead thread.... :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5