Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 10:40AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Fuck Parking Morons
PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:02PM 
Colonel

Source: VPN
First of all, do we have any rules about cussing?

Second, fuck parking police. A friend of mine was using the physics meters. She never let it go to zero (half-hour meters) and every time that she came to add more, the gray truck would be right there and giving her a glare. So in result they tried to give her a ticket, but didn't leave a physical ticket so that she didn't even know to appeal in time, let alone a ticket number. Here's their "proof" that she was out of time (UMR PD sent her these when she talked/yelled at them).

Pic1 Took out identifiable things, as if it would really change much.
Pic2

Let's see what you can find wrong with these when you compare them to these:
Pic3
And for those that need a closer one: Pic4

Just to make it a game, I've hidden what I came up with to see if you can get them all (or more).
[spoiler]1. Photo was made to cut-off minutes
2. Negative shows when out of time
3. Two zeros with time left-only one shows when out of time
4. Both meters blink together when out of time-took them two minutes to get a picture that showed one without the other so that you couldn't compare- I didn't do a case study or anything, but it seemed obvious.
5. Far picture was too far to show meter display with the license[/spoiler]
If you come up with more than I did, please post it because this is still on-going. They've already had to eat their words and make up a lot of nonsensical crap when confronted, but it doesn't mean that they won't still try to fight.

peace

Post subject: Re: Fuck Parking Morons
PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:08PM 
Drowning

Source: Off Campus
30 minute parking means you can park there for up to 30 minutes

I dont know about being there with it being at zero, but I dont disagree with getting a ticket

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:10PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
LostBoyz wrote:
30 minute parking means you can park there for up to 30 minutes

I dont know about being there with it being at zero, but I dont disagree with getting a ticket

But it sounds like she never let it get to zero... and they didn't leave a physical ticket... shady much? The parking people are dumb, end of story. What really pisses me off, is the fact that campus police nor parking division never bothered to ticket the idiots who park in the motorcycle parking with a car or those that extend the line down the side of the building way the fuck past where it is supposed to be until recently.

EDIT: Assuming this is the same camera, why is picture 2 timestamped and picture 3 not? And look at the shadows. Completely different time of day...

Last edited by berto on Wed 04-01-2009 10:14PM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:14PM 
Colonel

It's not a sign that says "30min parking only". It's a meter: money=time therefore more money=more time. This might violate mass continuity, but not parking rules.

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:14PM 
Drowning

If they came by, saw when the car was there, and came back an hour later and it was still there she would get a ticket regardless of the meter. the sign clearly states 30min parking

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:27PM 
Colonel

LostBoyz wrote:
If they came by, saw when the car was there, and came back an hour later and it was still there she would get a ticket regardless of the meter. the sign clearly states 30min parking

If it was only a single 30 min parking spot, what's the point in having a meter? They want money, if you force people to continually add more just to keep parking there, their main goal is met.
If a car parks there and doesn't put any money in, they'd get a ticket. Not because they'd have been there for 30 min, but because the meter said that it no longer has time. They go by the meter, not the sign, which allows for someone to add more money each time it runs low to be able to park there longer.
Plus, they came by more than once (longer than 30 min) and saw that she was still there and didn't give a ticket until later, which means that weren't following that logic either.

peace

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 10:34PM 
Major General

So basically she should get a ticket for parking there more than 30 minutes but not one for letting the meter expire. The fact that there was no ticket is pretty shitty but how can you prove that you didnt just throw it away? It's your word against theirs.

Also, 30 minute parking exists so that someone that just needs to drop in the building for a short time can have a better likelihood of having somewhere to park. Kind of like loading zones.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 11:00PM 
Brigadier General

Source: ERL Building
modernmystic wrote:
It's not a sign that says "30min parking only". It's a meter: money=time therefore more money=more time. This might violate mass continuity, but not parking rules.

I beleive the 30 minute limit is a limit on the amount of time the meter will let you add. Even if you put in more money, it will still max at 30. Plus it says it on the meter, you can see it in the one picture.

So you say she saw him sitting out there with time left? And then she pulled away?

Quote:
4. Both meters blink together when out of time-took them two minutes to get a picture that showed one without the other so that you couldn't compare- I didn't do a case study or anything, but it seemed obvious.

I don't think that is true.

I really don't know who is right here. I do think you will have a real hard time fighting it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 11:04PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Chankster wrote:
So basically she should get a ticket for parking there more than 30 minutes but not one for letting the meter expire. The fact that there was no ticket is pretty shitty but how can you prove that you didnt just throw it away? It's your word against theirs.

Also, 30 minute parking exists so that someone that just needs to drop in the building for a short time can have a better likelihood of having somewhere to park. Kind of like loading zones.

That is the point, we can't prove that it didn't just get taken/blown away/trashed, which is why she's arguing the reason for the ticket itself. And I agree that those spots should be used for temporary parking and not all day, go-to-all-your-classes spots, which is what she was doing, but the meter allows for that spot to be more flexible because although she wasn't there for less than 30 min, she was still just suppose to go to civil to pickup a friend, but the friend wasn't ready yet, which ran over an hour. She wasn't there all day. Plus, that was a friday afternoon-not exactly a high demand time.

peace

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 11:11PM 
Brigadier General

what does it actually say on the ticket for the reason?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 11:22PM 
Colonel

FrankieM wrote:
what does it actually say on the ticket for the reason?

Since she didn't get a ticket, the odd little printout that they gave from the PD office says something to the effect of "Out of time meter violation". Not sure on the exact words, but it's about the meter and not the spot.

peace

PostPosted: Wed 04-01-2009 11:33PM 
Brigadier General

that is what i was wondering

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 04-02-2009 4:38AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
Chankster wrote:
The fact that there was no ticket is pretty shitty but how can you prove that you didnt just throw it away? It's your word against theirs.

It's actually pretty easy when providing the photos they sent you as evidence that they doctored their original evidence. It is physically impossible for it to be the same time as the lighting is different in certain pictures. And it isn't just because the camera is at different angles (look closer if that's what you think). Also, why are certain pictures missing a timestamp? Assuming it was the same camera, there shouldn't be a timestamp issue.

In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. They have to prove you are wrong, not the other way around. If they really wanted to fight it, they'd win easy.

PostPosted: Thu 04-02-2009 5:07AM 
Colonel

berto wrote:
Chankster wrote:
The fact that there was no ticket is pretty shitty but how can you prove that you didnt just throw it away? It's your word against theirs.

It's actually pretty easy when providing the photos they sent you as evidence that they doctored their original evidence. It is physically impossible for it to be the same time as the lighting is different in certain pictures. And it isn't just because the camera is at different angles (look closer if that's what you think). Also, why are certain pictures missing a timestamp? Assuming it was the same camera, there shouldn't be a timestamp issue.

In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. They have to prove you are wrong, not the other way around. If they really wanted to fight it, they'd win easy.

Uh, sorry berto, but I had taken the second two so that we had something to compare against. But thanks! And she's still winning right now for the other reasons stated.

peace

PostPosted: Thu 04-02-2009 6:52AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: University Center
Basically he's saying there's supposed to be a little minus sign in front of the zero if it actually reads zero. As in when it gets to zero the meter reads: "-0:00" so if the picture displays "0:0cutoff" then you know that the last digit in the cutoff is not a zero.

I'm not entirely sure this is the case (i'd have to stand around a meter and watch it drop to zero), but I'll take modernmystic's word for it. If she fights this it might help to have a video (for the court or whoever) of the meter dropping to zero (put a nickel in it and video tape it from "0:02" to "-0:00".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next