Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 11:02AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Homo week
PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 8:25AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Fidelity
According to e-connections, this week is apparently homo week.

On a more serious note, it is pissing me off. I could care less what your sexual orientation is, I cannot force you to think one way or another. Your decision (or affliction, as it is sometimes considered) is between you and whatever higher power (if any) you believe in. What is pissing me off is the apparent "woe-is-me" mindset that seems to justify the need to stage events like "Live Homosexual Acts" at the puck. Thankfully, I have no need to pass through that area of campus, but the fact that some people feel that they have to publicly display their orientation is retarded. Am I going to do anything to stop it? No. Am I going to attempt to humiliate anyone participating? No. Am I attempting to infringe on their freedom of speech? No. They have every right to conduct themselves in such manners. The point I would like to make is that by conducting yourselves in such a manner, you are leaping backwards rather than stepping forwards. By forcing others to observe activities like that when they don't want to witness it is a bit disrespectful, and makes you look like you are demanding special treatment, yet you claim to want to be treated like everyone else.

If you really want to be treated like everyone else, act like everyone else. Those who want special treatment (good or bad) are the ones that tend to pull stunts like this.

Homosexuals are just as human as I am, and I do not feel as though I am any better or superior to them. My statements are not directed as an attack on those who consider themselves homosexuals, but rather those that feel the need to scream it to the world and demand to be treated better than anyone else.

If you disagree with me, that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Homo week
PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 8:32AM 
Major

Source: MST-PSK Wireless
I'm planning on picking up one of those "fine by me" tshirts and writing "NOT fine by me" on it. If the shirts offend people oh well... The chalk writing offends people too.

oh and:

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 8:42AM 
Sergeant

Source: Holtman Hall
ShadowCat38 wrote:
According to e-connections, this week is apparently homo week.

On a more serious note, it is pissing me off. I could care less what your sexual orientation is, I cannot force you to think one way or another. Your decision (or affliction, as it is sometimes considered) is between you and whatever higher power (if any) you believe in. What is pissing me off is the apparent "woe-is-me" mindset that seems to justify the need to stage events like "Live Homosexual Acts" at the puck. Thankfully, I have no need to pass through that area of campus, but the fact that some people feel that they have to publicly display their orientation is retarded. Am I going to do anything to stop it? No. Am I going to attempt to humiliate anyone participating? No. Am I attempting to infringe on their freedom of speech? No. They have every right to conduct themselves in such manners. The point I would like to make is that by conducting yourselves in such a manner, you are leaping backwards rather than stepping forwards. By forcing others to observe activities like that when they don't want to witness it is a bit disrespectful, and makes you look like you are demanding special treatment, yet you claim to want to be treated like everyone else.

If you really want to be treated like everyone else, act like everyone else. Those who want special treatment (good or bad) are the ones that tend to pull stunts like this.

Homosexuals are just as human as I am, and I do not feel as though I am any better or superior to them. My statements are not directed as an attack on those who consider themselves homosexuals, but rather those that feel the need to scream it to the world and demand to be treated better than anyone else.

If you disagree with me, that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine.

You're a dumbass, the whole gimmick to the "Live Homosexual Acts" is that there will be people there studying, listening to iPods, and talking to friends about everyday things...If you thought that people were go to the puck to display "homosexual acts" such as making out or fucking, you're a moron. The whole point to the program is to show that homosexuals behave no differently than heterosexuals (barring the bedroom from the discussion)...oh wait, you said that in your post, but obviously you didn't think through what the program was really about before posting. The fact that you would even think that this school would allow such a program shows your incompetence...Learn more about something before you go on a retarded ass tangent.

Last edited by BlackTravis on Mon 04-13-2009 9:01AM, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 8:53AM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Source: Off Campus
Goran wrote:
I'm planning on picking up one of those "fine by me" tshirts and writing "NOT fine by me" on it. If the shirts offend people oh well... The chalk writing offends people too.

oh and:

You're retarded. I don't even know what to say about your post because it's so bafflingly stupid.

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:13AM 
Major

Source: RC II
That'll definitely change my mind about how I feel about queers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Last edited by Goran on Mon 04-13-2009 9:15AM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:14AM 
Drowning

yay intolerance

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:21AM 
Major

I forgot we lived in a country of political correctness and if you offend anyone you're a racist, homophobe, bigot, etcetcetcetc

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:25AM 
Sergeant

Goran wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Every social group has it's sub-cultures (sexual and non-sexual), you don't hear me bitching about heterosexuals who love their pony play.

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:27AM 
Major

Nobody is bitching about it we are just voicing our opinion on homosexuality just like the opposing side is

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:34AM 
Sergeant

Goran wrote:

Goran wrote:
Nobody is bitching about it we are just voicing our opinion on homosexuality just like the opposing side is

Sure, but when you intertwine your opinion with sarcasm it's affect is lost and comes across as bitching.

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:40AM 
Major

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:41AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: MST Wireless
BlackTravis wrote:
You're a dumbass, the whole gimmick to the "Live Homosexual Acts" is that there will be people there studying, listening to iPods, and talking to friends about everyday things...If you thought that people were go to the puck to display "homosexual acts" such as making out or fucking, you're a moron. The whole point to the program is to show that homosexuals behave no differently than heterosexuals (barring the bedroom from the discussion)...oh wait, you said that in your post, but obviously you didn't think through what the program was really about before posting. The fact that you would even think that this school would allow such a program shows your incompetence...Learn more about something before you go on a retarded ass tangent.

Few things would surprise me anymore when it comes to what this school would do, or allow to happen. Regardless, the things you described the attendees actually doing are hardly "Homosexual Acts," in fact, they aren't even "heterosexual acts" because there is nothing sexual about them. If anything, it should be called "Live Student Acts" because I am pretty sure that there will be more than just homosexuals in the area doing the exact same things because those are things students do. The event was given the name has because it was meant to incite this exact type of response and try to start a conflict, and that was a hidden point in my previous post. Of course homosexuals don't act differently than the rest of the human race, but putting on an event with that kind of name is hardly going to help your case, or further your point. Those that would be even a bit repulsed by the idea that that name is meant to sound like (regardless of its underlying intent) are going to avoid the area and you will have accomplished nothing. As I said before, many homosexuals keep trying to blend in by standing out. It doesn't work.

If an event was hosted called "Live Heterosexual Acts," I'd avoid it too, simply because acts of intimacy that the name of the event IMPLIES are nothing I want to witness.

And Goran, you are not helping anyone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 9:50AM 
Major

Sorry I cant speak as eloquently as you :roll:

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 10:16AM 
pwned by heretic
pwned by heretic

Goran wrote:
I forgot we lived in a country of political correctness and if you offend anyone you're a racist, homophobe, bigot, etcetcetcetc

No, we live in a country where people find it cool be a bigot, homophobe and racist. Though to be fair, europe has quite the problem with race also.

PostPosted: Mon 04-13-2009 11:21AM 
Drowning

Personally I dont like the events because most people I know dont care about other peoples sexual preference and those that do are not going to change (goran). So yes you can have pride in what you are but holding an event for it only displays your diferences.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail