* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 5:17PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Homo week
PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 12:37PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
ShadowCat38 wrote:
I am satisfied with this response, primarily the last paragraph.

If anyone else wants to continue the mutation of this thread into a flame war, then by all means. It isn't what I intended when I started it, but I am done here.

Ugh, I hate when people do this. It wasn't your intention, eh? So using a title such as "homo week" isn't flaming? I could buy that because homo is a shortened term for homosexual, but when combined with statements such as: "Thankfully, I have no need to pass through that area of campus, but the fact that some people feel that they have to publicly display their orientation is retarded", is that not flaming? Because "homo" is also used as a derogatory term in some cases. Last I checked, your original post is how a flame war starts, but you try to cover it up with statements like "this is just my opinion and I'm entitled to it." It's fine, and you're right, it is your opinion. But don't try to take the higher route like you knew this wouldn't happen. It was your intention when you combined the title with the content of your post.

And as for being satisfied with the final paragraph in GD's post, why did you even bother posting if you knew everyone would just move on? Don't answer, cause I don't care. I'm just really amazed.

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 12:51PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Fidelity
Whatever, I know several homo's that refer to themselves as homo's, so take it as you will. Last I checked, you weren't one, so I don't see how you would find it offensive anyway. It is difficult to provide tone and expression over the internet, which is why I added those clarifications you referred to. I type with a very matter-of-fact style, and it can come across as harsh and aggressive, which is not my intention. I brought this whole thing up because I thought that it sounded like the organizers were making matters worse for themselves rather than better, similar to how a certain preacher acts that comes around does anything but advance the christian ideology. If you still want to believe that I was trying to start a flame war, I really don't care anymore. Go for it. I'm done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 1:10PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
ShadowCat38 wrote:
Whatever, I know several homo's that refer to themselves as homo's, so take it as you will. Last I checked, you weren't one, so I don't see how you would find it offensive anyway. It is difficult to provide tone and expression over the internet, which is why I added those clarifications you referred to. I type with a very matter-of-fact style, and it can come across as harsh and aggressive, which is not my intention. I brought this whole thing up because I thought that it sounded like the organizers were making matters worse for themselves rather than better, similar to how a certain preacher acts that comes around does anything but advance the christian ideology. If you still want to believe that I was trying to start a flame war, I really don't care anymore. Go for it. I'm done.

I never said they were offensive to me (you should know I love arguing by this point), and it doesn't matter which style you speak in and the tone provided, the opinions and insults remain the same. Bashing someone is in fact how flame wars start, especially in reference to topics such as these. And I'm done too, just like you were last post you made. ;)

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 1:11PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Source: Off Campus
ShadowCat38 wrote:

KMNR brought out the road show box and played some music. Everyone was just hanging around, chilling and talking. There was food and drink. Some people were dancing like fools. Sorry that sounds so unbelievably fucking faggy to you. Oh, and I won't even get into how that's not even the same ballpark as the preaching mother fucker; it's not even the same league, not even the same sport.

As has been mentioned in the thread, already, the title of the event was meant to be an attention-grabber, but the event itself was meant to highlight that gay people are not any different from anyone else, besides their sexual orientation. And while you MAY get that (I personally don't think you do based on your comments), a lot of people don't.

So quite frankly, (and this is especially directed at you Goran), you ignorant fucks ITT can go choke on a bag of dicks.

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 2:48PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

So saith Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer.

Preacher day was awesome, I skipped three classes to hear him get heckled. Not that I needed half that motivation to skip three classes.

As for my thoughts? I have a lot of respect for people who don't define their lifestyle around one or two things. Those with a cause in mind seem to do nothing but trumpet their cause around. I don't go around, even once a year, and say "Hi, everybody--I have sex with women!* That's the Most Important Thing about me!" Why would you let homosexuality, engineering, Mormonism, any one thing define who you are? The fact that you need to draw attention to yourself in such a fashion gives rise to quite a bit of the animosity against you.

So go screw your boyfriend in the ass, be happy about it, and leave the rest of us alone.

*okay, just one woman

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 3:12PM 

No, you're totally right, I'm glad women and blacks didn't try to do anything to advance their right to equality. If they had drawn attention to themselves, it might have just made people pissed.

Oh, and and lots of assumptions you're making saying that they base their lifestyle around one or two things.

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 4:02PM 
Major

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
bagvwf wrote:
So saith Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer.

Preacher day was awesome, I skipped three classes to hear him get heckled. Not that I needed half that motivation to skip three classes.

As for my thoughts? I have a lot of respect for people who don't define their lifestyle around one or two things. Those with a cause in mind seem to do nothing but trumpet their cause around. I don't go around, even once a year, and say "Hi, everybody--I have sex with women!* That's the Most Important Thing about me!" Why would you let homosexuality, engineering, Mormonism, any one thing define who you are? The fact that you need to draw attention to yourself in such a fashion gives rise to quite a bit of the animosity against you.

So go screw your boyfriend in the ass, be happy about it, and leave the rest of us alone.

*okay, just one woman

The deal is you don't have to run around telling people that in order to let them know your straight. Every time you're in public and hold your girlfriend's hand, or kiss her cheek, or let her sit on your lap you are announcing it. If a gay couple wants to do these simple things, they are opening themselves up for a risk of insult, humiliation, and violence, even today. Now I know gay people who are thick-skinned enough to handle insults, and I know a few with conceal-and-carry licenses, but most just want to be a human being and not cause a stir, so they give up what really should be basic rights of couplehood.

That's the point of events like this. Trying to effect change in people and trying to help gay people become more comfortable with who they are, all so that we can just be a bunch of goddamn people.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 04-16-2009 12:26PM 
Major

Source: MST-PSK Wireless
Gays for conceal and carry? Now that's something I like ;)

PostPosted: Sat 04-18-2009 5:00AM 
Captain

This is so stupid. I hate attention whores more than anything else.

PostPosted: Sat 04-18-2009 10:20AM 

Destri wrote:

I do too, and this comment shows you clearly don't know how to differentiate attention whores and people who just want to make issues known.

PostPosted: Sat 04-18-2009 10:23AM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Destri wrote:

Wait.. so you mean bumping a thread who's last activity was a dead thread bump, just to post "Ultimate Metal Thread one year in the making" wasn't attention whoring?