Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 1:26PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tuxedo rentals in Rolla?
PostPosted: Tue 04-14-2009 11:58AM 
Major

Source: Sigma Pi
Anyone ever rented a tux from anywhere in Rolla? If so, where did you go?

Post subject: Re: Tuxedo rentals in Rolla?
PostPosted: Tue 04-14-2009 12:53PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Down on Pine near Alex's is a bridal and floral shop (Uptown Bridal and Floral I believe), I've gotten a tux from there before. No idea what their prices are though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 9:45AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: MST Wireless
theshed wrote:
Down on Pine near Alex's is a bridal and floral shop (Uptown Bridal and Floral I believe), I've gotten a tux from there before. No idea what their prices are though.

Their prices are ridiculous. Also, they charge $5 just to be sized, the only place I've been to out of about 20 that actually charges you for it. I don't recommend using their business.

Goody's used to rent tuxes, but since they have recently gone out of business, I'd check JCPenney's on South 63, across from K-Mart.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 10:55AM 
Major

Source: EE Building
ShadowCat38 wrote:
Also, they charge $5 just to be sized, the only place I've been to out of about 20 that actually charges you for it. I don't recommend using their business.
Something Special Florist on Rolla St. also charges $5 to be sized.

I hadn't realized JCPenny's would even be an option... they can rent tuxes? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 11:36AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Fidelity
They might, it depends on if they have any contracted tux rental vendors in their store.

Goody's didn't actually carry tuxes to be rented, but a nationwide business had a vendor set up in their store to take orders and make sales. JCPenney's might have one, especially now that Goody's is gone, but I don't know for sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 12:42PM 
Brigadier General

Source: CompSci Building
Does it have to be in Rolla? Just head to St. Louis and get a Men's Warehouse prom special. I have gotten tux rentals for about 50-75 bucks from them and they have really good people there to help you out and stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 2:59PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: Off Campus
lol, 9 hour round trip

If you can't find anything around here, look down at the Fort. Between here and Waynesville there's bound to be a really good deal. You can't have a 5A school and no prom tux rental place.

Also, prom sucks when you're in college.

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 5:17PM 
Major General

cmptrnrd16 wrote:
Does it have to be in Rolla? Just head to St. Louis and get a Men's Warehouse prom special. I have gotten tux rentals for about 50-75 bucks from them and they have really good people there to help you out and stuff.

+1. I like Mens Warehouse. Haven't rented a tux from there (yet....will have to in a couple months for my sister's wedding) but I've bought a few suits from there, and they're always very friendly and helpful and know what they're doing. It would be worth the drive if you can't find anything good in Rolla

PostPosted: Wed 04-15-2009 5:30PM 
Major

Source: Sigma Pi
I ended up going with Uptown Bridal and Floral, mainly because that place and Something Special Florist both order from the same catalog and when I talked to the person at Something Special Florist, it seemed like I knew more about the catalog than they did. To be fair, it was my second time looking at the same catalog, but it still seemed like they should be familiar with their own catalog. Oh, and JCPenny's didn't do tux rentals.

All in all, my total bill was $102.17. *shrug* My parents are picking up the tab on this one, and by the time I'll want a tux again I'll probably consider buying my own at that point.

PostPosted: Sun 04-19-2009 10:13PM 
bertowned
bertowned

devil wrote:
cmptrnrd16 wrote:

+1. I like Mens Warehouse. Haven't rented a tux from there (yet....will have to in a couple months for my sister's wedding) but I've bought a few suits from there, and they're always very friendly and helpful and know what they're doing. It would be worth the drive if you can't find anything good in Rolla

Mens Warehouse is decent. They were certainly knowledgeable, helpful, and well priced - but its a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. I rented my Senior Prom Tux from them, and give the quality of the Tux a solid "meh" - It wasn't entirely clean (few splotches on the vest and sleeves that my mom managed to get rid of or hide), and really was not as sharp looking as the tux they had me try on (and said i was getting).

My advice - just buy a vest with the euro-tie and wear it with a nice white shirt or the tuxedo-shirt. Unless you're getting married or are a groomsman nobody will really care. If you have even a halfway decent suit (the jacket and pants) it will look better than what you will rent for under a hundred bucks anyway.