All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: You've killed us all
PostPosted: Sat 05-02-2009 9:01AM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
the naked prophet wrote:
kjk437 wrote:
FlamingZelda wrote:
Congrats on getting Madagascar killed, naked prophet. Usually difficult to do. Even if you repeat the process that killed them off the first time, they still usually close things down :(

Yeah, I finally won that damn game. The first time I got Madagascar, Argentina flipped me the bird and closed their borders.

Yeah, tell me about it.

The secret is to play in advanced mode. The AI is better, so they don't close down borders for a disease with no symptoms. But later in the game, they are smarter when fighting the infection.

Yeah, I play on realistic mode (Pandemic 2). I've found that the most reliable combination is virus, sell all symptoms except coughing, but heat, cold, and moisture protection. Let it spread around, when around half of the countries are infected, buy drug resistance 1. At this point, cross your fingers. Most of the time you'll infect everything besides Madagascar. About 1/6 times you'll get it, though, and because you're a virus, you have enough money to instantly buy tier 3 symptoms. Bam, mass death.

PostPosted: Sun 05-03-2009 1:44PM 
Brigadier General

A parasite gives you a bonus to going unnoticed. That helps you get into the countries without them closing down anything.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

PostPosted: Mon 05-04-2009 12:47AM 
Major General

the naked prophet wrote:
A parasite gives you a bonus to going unnoticed. That helps you get into the countries without them closing down anything.

Yeah, but then you're stuck on making the illness deadly as you gain upgrades so slowly. Plus, the virus helps simplify things and shortens game time. Either is goes everywhere very quickly or it doesn't at all.