Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 10:07AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: How far off campus does wireless go?
PostPosted: Sat 08-22-2009 2:40PM 
Drowning

Source: Off Campus
While I see the logic in your post, I must disagree. Investment is full of A-holes and their deposit leeching is just short of illegal. Not to go into a huge story, our house through investment had a 8 foot hole in our back yard for the good majority of 3 months. While we were smart enough not to go back there we backed up to a church that always had kids playing back there every sunday. We called, we had friends call, and our neighbors call them and tell them to fix it and nothing got done.

As far as the deposit goes, charging $45/lightbulb or $15/stair for cleaning is not a normal practice. We were lucky enough to pass our lease on and avoid all of this. Brown knocked us for a bit, but it was $3/lightbulb even though I thought we replaced them all, $5 for a screen in a window even though it was for a window that was never once opened. I have talked to a lot of people leasing property in almost every part of the country and what investment does, is not business as usual. Rolla is just fucked by ignorance and monopolies.

If losing your $600-800 deposit is worth losing for convenience, then maybe you should have just lived on campus, because the margin of difference is much less than you may have originally thought.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail