Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:12AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Couple of questions
PostPosted: Tue 03-15-2011 8:51PM 
Spaceman Spiff

Source: Off Campus
And let me make a point here that I hereby order everyone else not to contact him or anyone else about this, even if you do find his personal info.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 03-15-2011 8:54PM 
Major

Source: Sigma Pi
Ryan wrote:
And let me make a point here that I hereby order everyone else not to contact him or anyone else about this, even if you do find his personal info.

aww... so does that mean I have to cancel the delivery of 50 deep dish pizzas to his house?

PostPosted: Tue 03-15-2011 8:56PM 
Major General

My reply

Chankster wrote:
Dear "MotoRider420",

Sorry you lost the argument. Better luck next time. If you don't want to be on the forums anymore then please stop opening the site in your browser.

Love,
"Chankster"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 03-15-2011 8:59PM 
Spaceman Spiff

Chankster wrote:
If you don't want to be on the forums anymore then please stop opening the site in your browser.

I was trying to think of a clever way to say that. I think you hit upon it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 03-15-2011 9:15PM 
awesome yet humble

This whole thing has made my week... And it's only Tuesday!

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Wed 03-16-2011 4:12AM 
Drowning

Gargantuan amounts of win in here

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-16-2011 10:23AM 
Major General

Hilarious. I still don't understand how banning his account is any different than just not logging in?

MotoRider420 wrote:
I am sorry that you believe I wish to be removed from this site, because you think (or have been told) that I am pissed about losing an argument.

The argument got out of hand, and when I realized it the next day, I simply removed my part, then went to delete my account. I found no delete option in the UCP. I would not have edited the posts, had I known I could not remove my account.

Editing the posts is what seemed to piss off Ryan the most, because he believes I edited them for other reasons, or to hide something. I would gladly replace the original text if I was supplied with it, so long as you agree to remove or ban me.

I chose not to continue to argue, simply because I do not wish to cause further issues. Especially because one person tried to bring the course coordinator's lifestyle choice into this matter, which is crossing the line, and presents an extremely false and very serious accusation.

Aside from monitoring the PM folder, I can assure you I no longer plan to post to this forum, as you suggested.

I simply ask you to ban or delete my account, not because of the original reason (removing myself from an argument that got out of control), but now because of the new issue, the threat from "Ryan" (I use quotes to denote a username).

If you do not wish to ban or remove my account, then I will stop wasting your time.

However, please know, that I am asking you in a very serious and respectful manner, to please remove or ban my account.

Thanks For Your Time

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-16-2011 10:25AM 
Sergeant

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
I"M NOT A CRYBABY CAUSE I"M NOT.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-16-2011 12:51PM 
Spaceman Spiff

I don't know why he wants it deleted, I just know I don't want us to do what he wants us to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-16-2011 1:36PM 
Major General

Chankster wrote:
Hilarious. I still don't understand how banning his account is any different than just not logging in?

He's got the hunger! Can't stay away... It's like all of us lurkers who still check the site even though no one posts anymore...

PostPosted: Wed 03-16-2011 3:31PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Quote:
A threat, no matter how small, can become a serious legal issue, however I am not the kind of asshole who just randomly calls the police to complain. I would like this to be solved in a civil manner, in this case I believe removing and/or banning my account is the best option.

Translation(?): Cancel my account or I'm going to the cops

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol: :lol:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at U-Po when some kid goes in there and asks to have his seek42 account deleted.

PostPosted: Thu 03-17-2011 12:23PM 
Major

Source: IT Staff
You guys are dicks!

PostPosted: Thu 03-17-2011 12:40PM 
Spanish

Source: CompSci Building
lol! This thread is so full of win! I also got a PM asking me to delete his account. I figured it would be more hilarous to leave his account intact and watch the kid squirm. Man, haven't had a noobie like that on our forums in years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 03-17-2011 3:01PM 
Captain

MotoRider420 wrote:
I chose not to continue to argue, simply because I do not wish to cause further issues. Especially because one person tried to bring the course coordinator's lifestyle choice into this matter, which is crossing the line, and presents an extremely false and very serious accusation.

amd2800barton wrote:
Is Leach course coordinator for Calc 3? He wasn't when I took it, but when my brother took it, she was (Yes I got my gender usage correct). If so - is this tantrum because Leach is.... really strange?

I see Leach's choice in lifestyle as a side-note for the conversation, not part of the argument. What, are we supposed to NEVER talk about the fact that Leach is going through a sex-change? I'm not offended or awkward about it; I'm stating the facts. Good for her. MotoRider420 doesn't understand the difference between open conversation and bad-mouthing.

Since it is a fact that some people are weirded out by Leach's lifestyle, amd2800barton was well within his right to question whether or not that was the reason for why MotoRider420 is so butthurt about this lost argument.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 03-18-2011 1:13PM 
Major General

koulevprime wrote:
MotoRider420 wrote:

amd2800barton wrote:
Is Leach course coordinator for Calc 3? He wasn't when I took it, but when my brother took it, she was (Yes I got my gender usage correct). If so - is this tantrum because Leach is.... really strange?

I see Leach's choice in lifestyle as a side-note for the conversation, not part of the argument. What, are we supposed to NEVER talk about the fact that Leach is going through a sex-change? I'm not offended or awkward about it; I'm stating the facts. Good for her. MotoRider420 doesn't understand the difference between open conversation and bad-mouthing.

Since it is a fact that some people are weirded out by Leach's lifestyle, amd2800barton was well within his right to question whether or not that was the reason for why MotoRider420 is so butthurt about this lost argument.

Err....wait...what? I had Leach some time back and he was the last person I ever thought would get a sex change. But whatever, more power to him(her?). I've got nothing against it, and no one should be judging her for it.

If he's got a problem with Leach because he doesn't like her as a teacher and coorse coordinator, fine (although I question the validity of his statements, I thought he (or is it she? Dammit, what's the proper term here, it was a he when I took her class) was a great teacher) but if his problem with Leach is because of her lifestyle choices, then that's pretty bigoted IMO.

And it sounds like the problem was homework over St. Pats? Tough shit. You came to school to learn, not to party. Or at least that what your parents are paying for you to do at school. The partying and days off for St. Pats are some nice perks of going to MST, but there's nowhere in the university's rules that says teachers can't assign homework over St. Pats. It sucks, but no one should be fired for it. You can do the homework before you get shitfaced, do the homework while shitfaced (which could be entertaining), do the homework while hung over Monday morning, or not do it at all. You're an adult, you can make that choice.