Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 3:56AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: parties
PostPosted: Fri 05-28-2004 10:56PM 
Sergeant

Source: Lambda Chi Alpha
we need to set-up some parties for us dumbfucks who stayed in town this summer. We need to try to at least make this tolerable.

chunk

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 05-29-2004 2:09AM 
Major General

Source: Sigma Nu
we've had a couple "parties" over here, but they aren't anything special. i'm sure things will pick up once classes start (a lot of people go home until their classes start). mainly i've just been going to the 'to when there isn't anything going on

*bonus if we have a party over here over the summer, we don't have to worry 'bout IFC rules!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 05-29-2004 9:53AM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
wait you worried about the rules are some point??

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 05-29-2004 5:57PM 

Source: Somewhere
brooklyn wrote:
wait you worried about the rules are some point??

Cause everyone knows frats cant get in trouble... i mean it was in Animal House, and movies dont ever lie. oh, wait a minute...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 05-29-2004 6:26PM 
Major General

what the hell are you talking about? i don't mean that in an "i'm yelling back at you" way, i mean that in a "you have derailed" type of way

yeah, if you haven't ever been to a greek party, we have rules that we have to follow.

but if i want to throw a party at my apartment, i don't have to worry about those rules, because now instead of our house being responsible for someone getting hurt, arrested etc. it's MY ass!! hooray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 05-29-2004 9:02PM 
Major

Source: Delta Tau Delta
Heh, frats getting in trouble. I can think of two very recent ones like the Battle Tortoise and the cannon at Mizzou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05-30-2004 4:05AM 
Major

obviously i was completely misled and thought you could graze cattle and have a skeleton fucking competition at a frat party.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 05-30-2004 8:19AM 
Debunker of Llamas

I really can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm skeptical that frats get in much more trouble than anyone else. Any group is going to have some idiots who go out and do dumb things. Besides, lots of ideas that seemed good at the time seem a little silly when you sober up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 06-01-2004 7:13PM 

I don't think it's like that at all at our school, but at other schools fraternities get in way more trouble over stupid stuff than dormies would. Like at UCF a two-year member of a house lavaliered his girlfriend, so according to an article "to complete his sign of devotion he volunteered to submit to an embarrassing act involving plastic wrap and shaving cream. The stunt was intended to show that he was willing to go to great lengths for his girlfriend."
Pierce - without the permission or official acknowledgment from PDT, according to officers of the fraternity - invited close friends to attend the event. The group included nine PDT members, some sorority members and several people who don't attend UCF.

"Their presence at the event shows this wasn't a ritual we perform," said Sean Lavin, the vice president of external relations for PDT. "If it were, people not in the fraternity wouldn't be allowed."

Pierce's twin brother, who attends Rollins College, wrapped him to a tree using plastic wrap and decorated him with marshmallows, chocolate syrup and vegetable oil. "None of our brothers had a part in tying him up or applying anything," Lavin said. "No pledges were in attendance."
The UCF Police Department caught most of the escapades on camera and reported the fraternity to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. The entire fraternity was subsequently suspended for hazing. The incident received national attention, being aired on FOX News Network and making its way to the Drudge Report, an online news page. "It shouldn't have happened because it gave the university a black eye," Lavin said. "We're disappointed any members were involved in it, because that's not what Phi Delta Theta is about. We're building men and leaders for the future."

Rosenthal said being left suspended through the fall semester would be devastating for the fraternity. "It would be like starting all over," he said. "It would not help UCF's name. We haven't been in trouble once for the close to 23 years we've been at UCF and they're going to try and kill us for it," he added.

Lavin explained that continued suspension could bankrupt the fraternity by preventing needed income regularly gained during fall rush and with the acceptance of new members. During suspension, an organization can't participate in any university-related or fraternity-related activities, including socials, intramural sports, recruitment and homecoming.

and blah blah blah

ok just a thought, but if a bunch of guys from that school's tj-type dorm had a dude's TWIN BROTHER from another campus wrap him in plastic wrap to impress a girl, it would be laughed off as a harmless dorm prank. but attach letters and it's hazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 06-01-2004 9:03PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Triangle
Yeah very true, frats get a bad rap from people who dont know anything about frats. True that fraternities and soroities dont have a great record, but there will always be that one or two dipshits. Just because there is one idiot, doesn't mean that the other 30 guys are like him. Most of the times when you hear of frat incidents, it usually involves less than four people acting of thier own retarded will.

And if your looking for parties, your probably only going to see them during orientation week.

http://www.aperturescience.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-02-2004 10:47PM 
Major General

my question is

what kind of girl is impressed by a guy getting wrapped bucknekkid to a tree with syran wrap???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 06-02-2004 11:37PM 
Major

Source: TJ North
I know that one of my ex's would be. However, I'd rather forget about her because those are some painful memories... and my train of thought just completely derailed.... so i'll just pretend I have tourette's...

FUCK SHIT ASS BITCH COCK DAMN TITTIES.... and so on and so forth.

[[Th3_C124zY_P31250|\|]]
[not at UMR for a year... i need money first]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-04-2004 1:05PM 

nsrbb5 wrote:
my question is

what kind of girl is impressed by a guy getting wrapped bucknekkid to a tree with syran wrap???

HOLY SHIT!! I AM!!!! where can i find some?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-04-2004 11:18PM 

ohhh, by the way. arent the twins legal now!?!? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 06-04-2004 11:29PM 
Brigadier General

No.

How long until Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen turn 18?
1 week, 0 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, and 53 more seconds!

http://jdigital.pyoko.org/olsen.php

Google is your friend.

Profile E-mail