Yessum 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Nadda 55%  55%  [ 33 ]
I'm in college? 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: School?
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 5:43PM 
Corporal

Source: McAnerney Hall
I've been thinking as I struggle with Calc II and physics that school really sucks a fat one. I'm wondering if making it through life without college would really be so bad, actually, it'd be kinda nice. I'd like to know what ya'll think about getting along without college.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 5:54PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Kelly Hall
College isn't for everyone. Keep in mind it's easier to get through college now than it will be if you decide you want to come back in the future.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 6:10PM 
Slayer of Kittens

Source: Kelly Hall
Don't be a pussy, work hard on your classes and party harder on your days off.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: School?
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 6:21PM 
Major

Source: Altman Hall
Bad Bob wrote:
I've been thinking as I struggle with Calc II and physics that school really sucks a fat one. I'm wondering if making it through life without college would really be so bad, actually, it'd be kinda nice. I'd like to know what ya'll think about getting along without college.

see your problem is you are taking the two worst classes in this school at the same time. This school really isn't that bad once you get past those two bitch work classes.

KU

BUCK FUSH!!!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 6:23PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Bad Bob wrote:

Leave. As was already stated, college isn't for everyone. Just finish out the semester and don't come back. If in two or four years you don't like where you're at, then you can always come back and resume your coursework.

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 7:03PM 
Major General

Source: TJ North
Its not that bad. Chances are you are young and are in your physical prime, going to class for maybe 20 hours a week with no job to go to afterwards. Plus you are surronded by people you own age, away from the parents, and are your own boss. If this were any other college besides UMR you would be around thousands of girls too...but sadly it is UMR.

Of course, the coursework sucks. However this school is known for it....if you don't like the work then leave. As said above, this defenitly isn't for everyone. Calc II and Physics do suck...however everyone has to take them.

You could always transfer to SMS or Mizzou at semester and have an easier/more fun major, but don't expect the job placement and starting pay UMR would get you.

I'd finish out the semester, or even the year, and see how you feel when you are done. If you still hate it, leave. If not stick around and finish out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 7:10PM 
Colonel

Source: Pi Kappa Phi
Maybe it's just your major. You might be happier if you were an IST or in Philosophy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 7:34PM 

Source: Somewhere
Stop moaning about school

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 8:10PM 
Major

Source: TJ North
Yea, once you get by the bitch classes and take classes that are for your major school is easier. That is assuming of course that you are majoring in a field that you either enjoy or are interested in.

And as stated above, college isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, atleast finish out the semester then leave.

"When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends."
-Japanese Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-12-2004 10:13PM 

People who go to rolla survive 1 of 3 ways:

1. They study their asses off during the week, and go out and party (not necessarily drink) and have a good time out on the town.

2. They become hermits paranoid that if they stop studying they will fail everything (these usually make the worst roomates)

3. They get a girlfriend/boyfriend and visit them on weekends, be it in rolla or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 2:38AM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: Farrar Hall
See, Calc 2 and Phys 23 aren't the hardest or most time-consuming classes here. Taking these two together prepares you for the homework load that's going to come during the rest of your tenure here.

The homework load doesn't go downhill from here. Then again it doesn't necessarily increase.

PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 3:40AM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
Bad Bob wrote:
I've been thinking as I struggle with Calc II and physics that school really sucks a fat one.

Solution, Drop Calc II now, take art or something if you have to fill the hours.
Take calc II at the local community collage. Shit take calc I and II and III. If you get A’s great, if you fail, then take them again. Seriously If you are having a difficult time then this will help you, even if you think you can pass all your classes, unless you are sure you can get A’s in each one, why waste your time. It is one of the saddest things about UMR that the advisors for Freshman Eng. Will let students do stupid shit like take calc 2, physics 2 and chem 5 in the same semester with history and English. Even if you can pass all that the chance of getting a 4.0 is very slim. Trust me, you need to pay attention to your GPA like it maters because it does. I guess with grade replacement this is not a major deal, but it is still important if you want to keep / get more scholarships.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 7:18PM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: Altman Hall
Mr. Trunks wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
I've been thinking as I struggle with Calc II and physics that school really sucks a fat one.

Solution, Drop Calc II now, take art or something if you have to fill the hours.
Take calc II at the local community collage. Shit take calc I and II and III. If you get A’s great, if you fail, then take them again. Seriously If you are having a difficult time then this will help you, even if you think you can pass all your classes, unless you are sure you can get A’s in each one, why waste your time. It is one of the saddest things about UMR that the advisors for Freshman Eng. Will let students do stupid shit like take calc 2, physics 2 and chem 5 in the same semester with history and English. Even if you can pass all that the chance of getting a 4.0 is very slim. Trust me, you need to pay attention to your GPA like it maters because it does. I guess with grade replacement this is not a major deal, but it is still important if you want to keep / get more scholarships.

Well said

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 09-13-2004 8:53PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
Yes, don't fool yourself with dilusions of finishing in four years, a large percentage of students don't. If you're struggling with two classes together, split them bitches up.
That shiny new car you want to buy when you graduate will only be better a year later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 09-14-2004 9:52AM 

Go ahead drop out, you can work for me. Is $6.25/hour ok?