Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon 05-20-2024 7:33AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Opting out of fatherhood
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 6:49PM 
Private

Source: Off Campus
I saw a report about this on ABC World News Tonight (3/9/06). I just had to find article about it and post.

http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/index.ssf?/base/news-18/1141914078272790.xml&coll=9

If this rules in the guys favor, this courts will be packed with similar cases. I do like the topic of male reproductive rights though. Either way, it should be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 6:51PM 
Major General

Source: TJ South
I heard about this on Howard Stern's show this morning (excellent source of news :D) and have to agree with him. It's a tough one though....you can't force the woman to have an abortion or put the kid up for adoption, but if you made child support optional, no one would pay it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 6:51PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Wilson Library
marketplace mentioned it (funny how all things considered didnt) this evening, i find one line particularly amusing, cant rem the exact quote, but it was from an opponent basically saying that if men dont want the kid they shouldnt have sex. say that to an abortion supporter about a woman and you'll be hanged for heresy.

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/show ... 03096.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 6:55PM 
Major General

atm314 wrote:
marketplace mentioned it (funny how all things considered didnt) this evening, i find one line particularly amusing, cant rem the exact quote, but it was from an opponent basically saying that if men dont want the kid they shouldnt have sex. say that to an abortion supporter about a woman and you'll be hanged for heresy.

I'm abortion supporter and think that anyone who says that to a man or woman hould be hanged for heresy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 6:58PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Wilson Library
that you shouldnt have sex if you dont want the kid? that sound wholly logical to me......

there was more to the line, about contraceptives and such, if you want the report, its there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 6:59PM 
Lieutenant General

devil wrote:
atm314 wrote:

I'm abortion supporter and think that anyone who says that to a man or woman hould be hanged for heresy.

Why, do you hate common sense? If you don't want a hangover, don't drink. If you don't want to go to jail, don't break the law. If you don't want a kid, don't have sex. Sounds perfectly logical to me. If you do the crime, you should be willing to do the time.

Flame on bitches....

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:08PM 
Major General

If you don't want a kid....don't have UNSAFE sex. Nothing wrong with fucking...just use a condom if you don't want a kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:11PM 
Lieutenant General

devil wrote:
If you don't want a kid....don't have UNSAFE sex. Nothing wrong with fucking...just use a condom if you don't want a kid.

Because as we all know, there is such a thing as "safe sex." :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:14PM 
Major General

jthxv wrote:
devil wrote:

Because as we all know, there is such a thing as "safe sex." :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, but a condom is a hell of a lot safer and reduces the chance of her getting knocked up about what, 99.9 percent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:22PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
compared to 100% for not having sex in the first place....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:24PM 
Major General

atm314 wrote:

Yeah, and not having sex is a realistic thing to ask of most people :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:26PM 
Major General

Source: RC I
jthxv wrote:
Why, do you hate common sense? If you don't want a hangover, don't drink. If you don't want to go to jail, don't break the law. If you don't want a kid, don't have sex. Sounds perfectly logical to me. If you do the crime, you should be willing to do the time.

Flame on bitches....

Here, here!! I'm a strong advocate for accepting consequences of actions, no matter what. ^^ mentioned above, "If you do the crime, you should be willing to do the time," and that is exactly right. If you commit murder, you're sent to jail, if you don't study for an exceptionally hard test, you'll fail, etc. etc. etc. So, if you're prepared and are mature enough to have sex, you're saying you're prepared and mature enough to parent a child should the occaision arise (and this isn't just a male's perspective, my fiancee sitting here agrees). I'm tired of the argument, "It's a female's body, she should do with it as she pleases." Well, it was also her conscious decision to have sex and accept the consequences of that decision.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have sex, but be prepared for the consequences which could follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:28PM 
Brigadier General

devil wrote:
atm314 wrote:

Yeah, and not having sex is a realistic thing to ask of most people :roll:

right.....i know many who have done that exact thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:29PM 
Major General

kjk437 wrote:
jthxv wrote:

Flame on bitches....

Here, here!! I'm a strong advocate for accepting consequences of actions, no matter what. ^^ mentioned above, "If you do the crime, you should be willing to do the time," and that is exactly right. If you commit murder, you're sent to jail, if you don't study for an exceptionally hard test, you'll fail, etc. etc. etc. So, if you're prepared and are mature enough to have sex, you're saying you're prepared and mature enough to parent a child should the occaision arise (and this isn't just a male's perspective, my fiancee sitting here agrees). I'm tired of the argument, "It's a female's body, she should do with it as she pleases." Well, it was also her conscious decision to have sex and accept the consequences of that decision.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have sex, but be prepared for the consequences which could follow.

But you know damn well that people who aren't mature enough will have sex.....would you rather them have the child and abuse it, treat it poorly and be unable to financially support it, or have an abortion? Flame me all you want, but aborting an unwanted child is better than having the kid and treating it like crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 03-09-2006 7:30PM 
Brigadier General

...or put it up for adoption. murder is never justified, i dont care who it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next