Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 9:28AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Another downside for no-knock raids.
PostPosted: Sun 12-03-2006 9:29PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
http://www.countypress.com/stories/1129 ... 2002.shtml

Someone is trying to force their way into your home. Are they the police or not? Nobody claiming to be police will get into my house until I see and read a warrant.

[edit]in case the news site takes it down:

Reign of terror

by SUSAN YOUNGER
staff reporter

Men posing as FBI agents bound and gagged residents at a Hunter's Creek Road home, shot their dogs, and tortured and robbed them early morning Monday.
Authorities believe the incident began about 1:30 a.m. when one male, 25, happened to let two of his three pet pit bull dogs outside of the rented home in Lapeer Township.

"They heard a commotion, then they heard shots outside," said Lapeer County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Parks. "Mea, one dog, was shot and she went to the back porch. The second dog, Homeboy, escaped and wasn't injured."

The male who let the dogs out opened the door and saw a man with wearing a hat and shirt that had 'FBI' printed on it. A second man wore a T-shirt that said 'Police.'

"The man with the FBI hat said, 'This is a raid,"' said Parks. "The man, still thinking he was from the FBI, picked up his third dog, Choka, and asked him not to shoot her. He thought they might mistake her for an attack dog."

But while the homeowner held his pet, one of the intruders shot Choka in the neck. The man and his wife, 19, who was six months pregnant, and two other residents, both 17, still believed the two to be law enforcement agents until the robbery and torture began.

The men ordered the males in the group to the ground and bound their hands and feet and covered their eyes with duct tape. They used a Taser gun to repeatedly stun the homeowner and one male teen. The pregnant woman and a boy, 2, were ordered into another room and forcibly asked "where the money was."

While the woman and boy were away from the group, the other intruder told her husband he'd Taser his pregnant wife and child unless they gave him money.

The intruders put the woman and boy in a room, took an undisclosed amount of money from the safe along with jewelry, clothing, a home entertainment center, home theater, VCRs, and cell phones.

They ransacked the house before bolting. The female waited for about 10 minutes after they'd gone and phoned 911.

One of the dogs did not make it while the other was set to be operated on today. The victims were shaken up but otherwise sustained no serious injuries.

"Mea had to be destroyed," said Parks. "She was shot on site by animal control. "Choka is being operated on (Tuesday.) Homeboy returned and was not hurt."

The home invasion and armed robbery is under investigation.
[/edit]

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Last edited by the naked prophet on Thu 12-07-2006 3:08PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 4:43PM 
Major

Source: Murray Apartments
cops or not, that's why i always say "shoot first, you can chop up the bodies later".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 5:46PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
Another one. A college student stole two PS3s, police came to arrest him. They opted for bashing down the door with armed reinforcements. Shot and killed the kid and his dog. Yea, stealing PS3s is wrong, but not quite punishable by death in my mind.

My favorite quote:
Quote:
Strickland was unarmed, but may have been holding a video game controller when he went to the door as it was bashed in by officers.

Which completely justifies it. The black man's car keys and chalupa of yester-years are replaced by the white kid's game controller of today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 10:50PM 
Brigadier General

They usually justify the "knock down the door" raids by saying "we have to arrest them before they can flush the baggie of weed." Was he gonna flush the PS3?

They said he would have been fine if he had answered the door when they knocked... but then they said that he was shot as he got up to answer the door...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 11:00PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Do you think there are a lot of police that would really want to just shoot and kill an 18 year old kid for no reason? I doubt it. Sounds like a freak incident to me, and I bet the cop feels like crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 11:18PM 
Captain

Source: Kelly Hall
ElPupitre wrote:
Do you think there are a lot of police that would really want to just shoot and kill an 18 year old kid for no reason? I doubt it. Sounds like a freak incident to me, and I bet the cop feels like crap.

You might be suprised. Not everyone in law enforcement is there to enforce the laws, they do it to be above them. I stay away from cops as much as possible because you never know which ones are crooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-04-2006 11:21PM 
Lieutenant General

Source: VPN
ElPupitre wrote:

And yet, the kid is DEAD. There isn't much getting over that now is there.

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-05-2006 1:09AM 
Captain

Source: Farrar Hall
Due process, Cest la vie. you should not be able to just kick the fuck out of someone's door and kill them. Escalated pressence leads to escalated results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 12:36AM 
Captain

A group of bullies with guns, small brains, and state protection can do whatever the fuck they want. It happens all the time. There are plenty of honorable law enforcement officers, but equal number of corrupt ones.

I don't have all the facts, but it certainly looks like another case of trigger happy bullies reinforcing our de facto facist nation.

And for good measure, Yore = time(s) past

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 1:07AM 
"para-dime"

*sigh*

While this is certainly a questionable incident statements like "equal number of corrupt cops " and not trusting any cops is just retarded.

Cops every fucking day are saving lives and arresting "bad guys". Just this week I read about 4 officers who jumped into a crocodile infested lake in Florida to save someone being attacked by a crocodile. That didn't get much news coverage... go figure.

But some airplanes crash, so make sure none of you fly anytime soon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 9:30AM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
ElPupitre wrote:

Of course the cop feels like crap now. Everybody does (except for really messed up individuals), but that doesn't mean they don't want to score a "frag" or get a notch in their cop belt beforehand.

And no, there is not an equal number of bad cops as good cops. Far and away most cops are honest. But with the ever-increasing number of police needed to fight the "War on Drugs" there are bound to be more and more bad apples. The fewer cops we have, the better we can screen them - increasing the numbers means lowering the standards.

I've read that the difference between a third world and a first world nation is the honesty of its police. A first world nation has honest police, whereas a third world nation has police whose primary income is bribes and protection money. I would rather deal with the police in the US than anywhere else in the world. There are nations where the police are the most dangerous criminal gang around (especially since they have government immunity). There are nations where I would rather shoot a police officer than allow myself to be arrested for a minor infraction (as in, a third world nation). Here in the US I think we at least stand a fair chance in the legal system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 9:47AM 
Lieutenant General

I keep hearing this "war on drugs" stuff. So you think we should just leave the crackheads be or what?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 3:12PM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
jthxv wrote:
I keep hearing this "war on drugs" stuff. So you think we should just leave the crackheads be or what?

Yes. Who are they hurting besides themselves, that wouldn't be hurt more by the "war on drugs" than by that persons use?

Drugs are bad, yes. But some people say that alcohol, sex ,and video games are bad too, do you think they should be outlawed?

If you can afford to buy drugs, and you have enough self-control to use them without losing your job, why shouldn't you be allowed to use them? And if you have such bad self-control that you lose your job because you were doing drugs, then why should the taxpayers support you so you can do illegal drugs? When you run out of money you'll run out of drugs, then you can get a job again and hopefully will have learned a lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 3:23PM 
Lieutenant General

I couldn't care less about someone doing drugs, any drugs. But I do have a problem with some junkie killing my for $50 so he can go get high. I feel we should spend some money, build a big fuckin bunker and have a buffet of all the drugs you can do. Do them till you brain melts or you heart explodes or what ever the hell you please, but you don't leave that place till you are clean... I have been called radical though.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 12-07-2006 3:29PM 
Lieutenant

There's an article about police using paramilitary tactics in this months' Playboy. Have a read.