* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 9:06AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mother Arrests Son for Opening Xmas Present
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 4:23PM 
Major

Source: Fidelity
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a ... 0000000001

Seems a little harsh, especially with his condition, but GOD, I wish my parents would have done something like that. Ever.

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 4:56PM 
Major

That's awesome.. legal, and way worse than a spanking.

Post subject: Re: Mother Arrests Son for Opening Xmas Present
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 5:00PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
LuvMyTreefrogs wrote:
I wish my parents would have done something like that. Ever.

why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 7:08PM 
Major

Well, when my sis pulled a knife on me and after Kevin and I called the cops, my dad (also a cop) convinced them everything was okay and she didn't even get a talking to. Then, when she got a speeding ticket, my dad voided it. All three of us (me, my brother, and my sister most of all) needed punishment more harsh than being denied McDonald's for dinner.

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 8:52PM 
Brigadier General

This isn't good. This is pathetic. She interrupts cops from doing real police work to babysit her kid while she goes off to church "to teach my son a lesson. He's been going through life doing things ... and getting away with it." If she was a real parent she wouldn't need to call anyone because she would know how to not let him get away with it. If we had more actual parents instead of baby makers we wouldn't have this problem.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 12-06-2006 11:52PM 
more like GAY SWIFT

Agentzak wrote:
This isn't good. This is pathetic. She interrupts cops from doing real police work to babysit her kid while she goes off to church "to teach my son a lesson. He's been going through life doing things ... and getting away with it." If she was a real parent she wouldn't need to call anyone because she would know how to not let him get away with it. If we had more actual parents instead of baby makers we wouldn't have this problem.

Actually, she's being a great mother. Actions have consequences and taking something that isn't yours is stealing, so the kid went to jail. A bad parent would have done nothing, or just taken it away until Christmas. Interrupting police? Hardly, the holding cell is there anyway, its not like they all stood around and watched him. Also, when the kid turns out disciplined from this, think of all the time the police won't have to spend chasing him when he robbed a store or something.

I have a cheese-shredder, which is its positive name. They don't call it by its negative name, cause no one would buy it: sponge-ruiner. Because I wanted to clean it, and now I have little bits of sponge that would melt easily over tortilla chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12-08-2006 4:21PM 
Major

Source: University Center
jay swift wrote:
Agentzak wrote:

Actually, she's being a great mother. Actions have consequences and taking something that isn't yours is stealing, so the kid went to jail. A bad parent would have done nothing, or just taken it away until Christmas. Interrupting police? Hardly, the holding cell is there anyway, its not like they all stood around and watched him. Also, when the kid turns out disciplined from this, think of all the time the police won't have to spend chasing him when he robbed a store or something.

A good parent would've beaten the kid rather than waste the time of the local police force. If your kid can sit down without wincing, you're obviously not using your strong hand.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12-08-2006 5:30PM 
Colonel

Twilyte wrote:
A good parent would've beaten the kid rather than waste the time of the local police force. If your kid can sit down without wincing, you're obviously not using your strong hand.

And then the son would be having the mother arrested. Perhaps it wasn't the best thing for her to do, but I at least respect that she's noticed there is a problem and is taking action to try to correct it. That's more than some parents will do these days. Not everyone can be a perfect parent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12-08-2006 6:34PM 
Debunker of Llamas

The same people who label spanking abuse would label this child neglect or child endangerment. You can't win with that crowd, better to shut the blinds and take care of business.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12-09-2006 2:13AM 
bertowned
bertowned

i think that they were making fun of that on Mind of Mencia the other day. something about a device white parents can carry around to disable nearby surveillance equipment, like a camera at a bank so they can properly discipline their kids. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12-09-2006 3:26PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ South
i see both sides of this argument and agree that a parent should be able to take care of business, but dont bring up the point that she was interrupting real police work or wasting their time or whatever. because ive sat in police stations to watch what police officers do and have taken rides in police cars to see what they do and some of the stuff they do is ridiculous. im not saying its all worthless, but a local police force typically has more than enough officers to handle the city and pull that off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12-09-2006 4:28PM 
Brigadier General

chingchooee wrote:
i see both sides of this argument and agree that a parent should be able to take care of business, but dont bring up the point that she was interrupting real police work or wasting their time or whatever. because ive sat in police stations to watch what police officers do and have taken rides in police cars to see what they do and some of the stuff they do is ridiculous. im not saying its all worthless, but a local police force typically has more than enough officers to handle the city and pull that off.

I've been in one too and yes, calling them up to come discipline your kids is a waste of their time, not only of the time that it takes for them to retrieve the little shit, but also all of the paperwork involved.

EDIT: My main beef isn't that she wasted the police time, it's that she actually has to call someone else to discipline her own kids. A real parent, like my mom, would be more than happy to give her lessons for free in disciplining your own kids the proper way.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12-09-2006 5:56PM 
Debunker of Llamas

I think it really depends on what her motivation was. If it was to demonstrate consequences for actions that is one thing. If it was because she had lost control and didn't know what to do it is another.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 12-09-2006 10:33PM 
Major

Source: Holtman Hall
CatYourAssToDevNull wrote:
I think it really depends on what her motivation was. If it was to demonstrate consequences for actions that is one thing. If it was because she had lost control and didn't know what to do it is another.

The kid took a swing at a cop.... She had lost control! If my dad had ever heard I swung at a cop I would be spitting teeth for a week.

Profile E-mail