Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 7:37AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 12:14PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fulton Hall
The hate for Hillary is far from baseless. I'm just afraid someone is going to assassinate her (not a bad thing, but keep reading) before the elections and it's going to give the democrats enough sympathy for Obama to get elected. Now, I'm not going to assassinate anybody (unless some president refuses to step down, or something equally un-american) but there's enough people out there who hate Hillary who might do that. Granted, there's plenty of people out there who hate Bush, but half of those are pansy democrats who wouldn't have the guts to assassinate Hitler himself if he was holding a gun to their grandmothers head. The other half of people who hate Bush? Conservatives who hope he'll go away and a real conservative like Ron Paul will get the nomination instead of a Hillary clone like Guiliani or McCain.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 12:43PM 
Major General

Source: IT Staff
BigPeeOn wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that if Hillary or Obama get the nod in '08, there's no way the Democrats are going to take the Presidency?

There's so much widespread (and, I think, pretty baseless) hate for Hillary that I don't think there's any feasible way for her to win. I also think most Americans would have a knee-jerk reaction that wouldn't let them vote for a black man, especially not one named Barack Hussein Obama.

Granted, that sucks because otherwise Barack seems like a great candidate, and Hillary seems decent. But, I just can't picture them gaining many votes in the south or midwest. Without a good showing in at least one of those areas, there's no way for them to take the White House.

I don't think its much of a problem. The morons who wouldn't vote for someone just because of their race or gender are the people who probably wouldn't vote Democratic anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 3:04PM 
Lieutenant General

Source: Off Campus
devil wrote:
BigPeeOn wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that if Hillary or Obama get the nod in '08, there's no way the Democrats are going to take the Presidency?

There's so much widespread (and, I think, pretty baseless) hate for Hillary that I don't think there's any feasible way for her to win. I also think most Americans would have a knee-jerk reaction that wouldn't let them vote for a black man, especially not one named Barack Hussein Obama.

Granted, that sucks because otherwise Barack seems like a great candidate, and Hillary seems decent. But, I just can't picture them gaining many votes in the south or midwest. Without a good showing in at least one of those areas, there's no way for them to take the White House.

I don't think its much of a problem. The morons who wouldn't vote for someone just because of their race or gender are the people who probably wouldn't vote Democratic anyways.

There it is again, all those repubs are racists/bigots....

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 3:55PM 
Major

Source: MST Wireless
jthxv wrote:
devil wrote:
BigPeeOn wrote:

Yeah, the whole republicans are racists thing is getting a bit old. Both parties have their racists.

Both parties don't deserve to exist anymore. I vote anarchy.

~ K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 5:08PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
jthxv wrote:
devil wrote:
BigPeeOn wrote:

I never said that. I implied that many racists are republicans....not all republicans are racists.

And I know that not ALL racists are republicans, my grandparents the two most racist assholes I know and they vote democrat. But it does seem like that most racist people I come across are republican.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 5:46PM 
Drowning

lets see the demographics on that, republicans are now generally rich, white, christian, and now racist

your personal run ins with racist republicans im sure is a great representation of the population on

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 7:34PM 
Brigadier General

Anyhow, to get back on topic, Bush's plan for 21,500 troops to Iraq (17,500 for Baghdad, 4000 for Al-Anbar province) actually does have a defined point (or at least as much of one as I've seen in the past few years). The reason Baghdad has been so bad is because we've basically cleared an area, then left it. Not good if you want to kick insurgents out. The ones to Al-Anbar are there to help train the Iraqi army, help them out, and also to help hold areas. More FOB's, less time in regional HQ's. The general consensus I've been hearing is that we'll know if it worked within a few (<6-8 ) months. I'm trying to find where I got the quote from, but that came from an administration official.

And on the 2008 candidates: Hillarycare is the worst idea since self-circumcision, Obama knows basically thismuch about running the country (and really has taken no major positions on things, but Dems tend to have a hard time with that anyway, other than "I'm not Republican"). Guiliani and McCain can take their candidacies and shove them up their RINO asses (McCain-Feingold, more state-run heathcare, social liberalism, etc.). I'm hoping for Romney (I don't think his Mormonism will be as big a issue as the MSM thinks), Brownback (prob unelectable, but he's my top choice for domestic issues), or Thompson (prob too unknown). Again, none have really taken any positions, but its Jan 2007, far too early to really back a candidate other than for an exploratory committee.

Oh, and I'm scared of brown people.
/sarcasm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 7:41PM 
Major General

Source: IT Staff
LostBoyz wrote:
your personal run ins with racist republicans im sure is a great representation of the population on

Meh, I'm just going off of the runins I have with racist people...granted, it's not often I run into a racist person to begin with, but I'm just making an assumption based off what I've seen. Perhaps I'm wrong, probably a good chance of that, but I'm just stating my observations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 8:40PM 
Brigadier General

atm314 wrote:
I'm hoping for Romney

You do realize that the communized medicine in his state puts Hillarycare to shame, right? Not having health insurance in Massachusetts is a crime; you will be fined if your employer doesn't provide you with insurance and you don't pay into the state's health plan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01937.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 8:54PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Wilson Library
Hadn't read that much detail on it, and i will agree with you there. If he starts trumpeting that I will completely remove support. Hillary has actively talked about universal heath care a la Canada, which puts her farther down that road than Romney. IMO, he's the most electable and most conservative GOP candidate out there at this point. As much as I like Brownback, there's no way he will get much support outside of major social conservatives (and he will worry many people (including me, to an extent) that government control wil extend to the bedroom).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 9:49PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Wilson Library
Semi-correction: Al-Anbar will also be a 'take and hold,' as I alluded to be didn't explicitly state as I did for Baghdad. Anyhow, the SOTU speech gave a general outline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 01-23-2007 10:31PM 
Major

The solution is simple:

Steve Rogers in '08.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America

Granted, he's fictional, and yet I STILL think he has a better chance of fixing our current situation than either A: the current administration, or B: any other likely candidate for the presidency in '08.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 01-24-2007 10:58AM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
How the hell is Romney a conservative? Most democrats from rural states are far more conservative than he is. I'm voting Ron Paul in the primaries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul The current crop of "republicans" would better be called "democrats who like Bush."

And I've seldom seen or heard of a racist republican. However, in order to be a democrat, it seems to be a requirement to believe that blacks are too stupid and lazy to get into college or get a job without an act of congress. That sounds racist to me.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 01-24-2007 12:02PM 
Brigadier General

Wow. Except for his stance on gay marriage, I think I really like that Ron Paul guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 01-24-2007 1:06PM 
Major

Source: Pi Kappa Phi
Bob Barker in '08!!