Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:14PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ron Paul
PostPosted: Thu 09-06-2007 11:24PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
I dont mean to start a flame war with this post, but ron paul said some interesting stuff ast the latest GOP debate in NH, anyone have any thoughts or opinions of the guy?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-06-2007 11:28PM 
Lieutenant General

Source: Off Campus
He is the next President of the US...

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-06-2007 11:57PM 
pwned by heretic
pwned by heretic

All I know is I am not a fan of the "we the people act" other than that, I kinda like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 12:05AM 
Major General

The man needs to be elected the next president of the U.S of A. ASAP. He's got the best ideas, the knowhow to cut the government down to a manageable size, and the willingness to give us as citizens our rights back.

I'm trying to organize some sort of demonstration for him on campus soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Oh, and by the way, I'm interviewing state representative Jim Guest next week for a spot on KMNR. He's an elected official endorsing Ron Paul for President, and even knows Dr. Paul personally. I'm going to attempt to wing it to see how likely it is if we organize the local meetup groups for Dr. Paul to have him personally make an appearance in the area. The more we do in support of him, the more likely he's willing to come out here.

God bless real conservatism!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 8:18AM 
Major

If it's none of your business, stay out of it! I like that kind of thinking. I wish I'd known a lot more about politics before now.

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 8:36AM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
The thing is, 80 years ago, the democrats were all about "stay out of your business." Now both parties seem to want to control every little bit of my life.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 8:49AM 
Brigadier General

Ron Paul is just another politician. He is not a libertarian. He's simply an anti-federalist. He is fine with tyranny as long as it happens at a state or local level.

That being said, if someone put a gun to my head and said "vote for a real candidate or die" I'd probably vote for him. I would certainly vote for him before any of the Dumbocrats that are running.

But, if I could, I would vote to shoot all of the current candidates in the head and drag their bodies down Pennsylvania Avenue while chanting "Sic semper tyrannis" before I'd vote to put any of them in the White House.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 9:15AM 
Drowning

Source: EE Building
zkissane wrote:
Ron Paul is just another politician. He is not a libertarian. He's simply an anti-federalist. He is fine with tyranny as long as it happens at a state or local level.

That being said, if someone put a gun to my head and said "vote for a real candidate or die" I'd probably vote for him. I would certainly vote for him before any of the Dumbocrats that are running.

But, if I could, I would vote to shoot all of the current candidates in the head and drag their bodies down Pennsylvania Avenue while chanting "Sic semper tyrannis" before I'd vote to put any of them in the White House.

Nice imagery

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 9:16AM 
Lieutenant General

But the way I look at it, you have much more power with you state officials than with the feds. With the current MO state officials, it might even be tolerable it they had more power (God knows I don't want them to, but stay with me for a moment) but can you imagine a Ted Chappaquiddick Kennedy or Blagojevich or Giuliani in charge? You can move out of your state pretty easily, the country is a different thing. With that said, I really am not that big of fan of Paul, but I think he has a decent size conservative voting base, and a growing liberal base. If the news would just quit trying to put words in his mouth, he would be doing even better. With that said, I don't agree with Zkissane. I don't buy that he is just as bad as any of the liberals (including Giuliani) or most of the conservatives as far as being in favor of a tyrannical government. Who I think may very well be a contender (on the Republican side) is Thompson. He is fairly well known (he has been on nonpolitical television, and lets face it, most citizens aren't too politically savvy) and he has that wise grandfather (at least it seems like that to me) air to him....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 10:32AM 
Brigadier General

If I came across as saying that Paul is no better than the liberals, that's not what I meant. I like Paul 1000 times more than Edamaton.

It's just that Paul has this air of "he's not any old politician; he's different," about him, and I think that's incorrect. People act like he's come to save us from the government, and I just don't see him doing that, if elected. He may keep the government from growing but I don't think he'd even give an honest try to shrink it.

My suspicion is that it will be moot anyway. I think he will be the Howard Dean of 2008 (i.e. his campaign will appear to have lots of momentum, then he'll hit the real primaries and flame out completely).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 10:59AM 
Lieutenant General

zkissane wrote:
If I came across as saying that Paul is no better than the liberals, that's not what I meant. I like Paul 1000 times more than Edamaton.

It's just that Paul has this air of "he's not any old politician; he's different," about him, and I think that's incorrect. People act like he's come to save us from the government, and I just don't see him doing that, if elected. He may keep the government from growing but I don't think he'd even give an honest try to shrink it.

My suspicion is that it will be moot anyway. I think he will be the Howard Dean of 2008 (i.e. his campaign will appear to have lots of momentum, then he'll hit the real primaries and flame out completely).

Maybe I just misread/interpreted...

I agree about the not shrinking government (or at least not to a needed extent) but I think he is a step in the right direction i.e. away from the crap we have now, and NOT toward the closet communist (HRC)...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 2:00PM 
Major General

He wants to get rid of the IRS, the CIA, the Department of Education, the Federal reserve, etc., and bring our troops back home from every country we're in. I'd say that's shrinking the government fairly well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 2:30PM 
Brigadier General

kjk437 wrote:
He wants to get rid of the IRS, the CIA, the Department of Education, the Federal reserve, etc., and bring our troops back home from every country we're in. I'd say that's shrinking the government fairly well.

I don't deny that he said these things, and that that is the image he is fostering among voters.

I just don't believe him.

Even if I believed that he would do those things, I don't believe he will be able to get Congress to go along with him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 2:35PM 
Colonel

Source: MST Wireless
Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-07-2007 2:45PM 
Major General

zkissane wrote:
kjk437 wrote:

I don't deny that he said these things, and that that is the image he is fostering among voters.

I just don't believe him.

Even if I believed that he would do those things, I don't believe he will be able to get Congress to go along with him.

But change has to start somewhere. Realistically, he won't get all he wants done in his term, but that can't be grounds for electing a Romney, or Clinton, or Guiliani. I know you said you like Paul alright, but he's the best candidate out there by a LONG shot.