Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 8:25AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-22-2007 6:32PM 
Brigadier General

Source: RC I
the naked prophet wrote:
Could be. Seems like he's not responding to any of the actual points. I guess I just gave him something else he'd rather talk about.

I'm responding to Agentzak's points.

Agentzak wrote:
Wellllll, at first there were no laws against carry at all, then the civil war came around and white people suddenly had to come up with ways to stop black people from having guns. We went through all of this trouble to ensure the second amendment clearly gave all Americans the right. So someone came up with the idea that the second amendment only applied to the federal government and states could do whatever the fuck they wanted. Think if we had done that to the other amendments. Let's have states limit free speech and that 5th amendment right to remain silent? Speak up or you are going to jail. Obviously not the best idea, someone came up with the bullshit oozing argument that the second amendment was a collective right that gave the government the right to organize and arm a militia. [sarcasm]Holy shit, after winning a war against an oppressive government, we better make sure that our government always has the right to be armed![/sarcasm] It's bullshit but back in those days no one cared because it kept black people from having guns. Besides, it's not like white cops were going to arrest white people for it. In MO the first concealed carry law was passed in the 1870s and up until the 1960s, no white person was ever arrested for simply concealed carry. If a white person was arrested for other stuff, they'd tack on the concealed charge, but never concealed carry alone.

Now let's fast forward to modern day. Say you happen to be Dianne Feinstein, democratic senator of California since 1992 and former mayor of San Francisco. Let's also say that you applied for and received a concealed carry permit due to your political connections. Let's also say that you ride around in bulletproof limos with a few bodyguards that always carry automatic weapons that are definitely illegal for regular joe citizen to own. Let's also say that your past campaign contributions are a little shady. As a senator, do you have any motivation whatsoever to even let joe citizen own a bb gun? Um, fuck no! Government officials like to break laws left and right and the second amendment is there to ensure that they don't round us up and exterminate us

"In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents were rounded up and exterminated.

"In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians were rounded up and exterminated.

"China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were rounded up and exterminated.

"Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians were rounded up and exterminated.

"Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians were rounded up and exterminated.

"Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people were rounded up and exterminated."

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

[sarcasm]See gun control does work![/sarcasm]

And I can't argue with this because I like it too much =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-25-2007 8:32AM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
Two more this week.

armed intruder fatally shot by resident.

homeowner shoots at two armed invaders claiming to be police.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-25-2007 3:43PM 
Major

Source: VPN
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-25-2007 6:22PM 
Colonel

Ill take the ultra far left on this one:

If no one had guns, there would be no shootings. I propose that all guns should be illegal, except for police officers and military. And dont pull that first ammendment shit, it says that a 'Trained militia' has a right to bear arms, not ordinary citizens.

These arent my actual views, just seeing what people will say

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-25-2007 10:37PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Galvatron96 wrote:
Ill take the ultra far left on this one:

If no one had guns, there would be no shootings. I propose that all guns should be illegal, except for police officers and military. And dont pull that first ammendment shit, it says that a 'Trained militia' has a right to bear arms, not ordinary citizens.

These arent my actual views, just seeing what people will say

Good luck with that. It's working out great for the UK. Because as soon as the "bad guys" heard that guns were illegial, they sadly handed in their firearms and stopped using them for evildoing. Thankfully, their violent crime rate has simply plummeted now that nobody has guns except for the police. [/sarcasm]

in reality an outright gun ban is like banning p2p. sure you can do it - but it's just impractical, and the people who did it illegally before aren't going to be put off by some stupid legislation. if you want to stop bad people with guns, you're either going to need some cool star-trek technology, or to defend yourself. Seriously - have you not seen the simpsons episode (it's one of the treehouse of horrors) where they make a magic wish to destroy all weapons and then humanity becomes inslaved by aliens? same principle. bad guys don't get rid of their guns. the only way to stop the bad people from using their guns (which they WILL AND DO GET weather you want them to or not) is to allow the general public to arm itself.

Imagine if Isreal simply said "hey we're banning violence in the middle east, and we expect all you palestinians to go along with this" and then they got rid of their entire military and destroyed all their weapons. They'd be wiped off the map because they have no way of defending themselves.

But hey - if you don't want a gun, that's your choice. Just don't come bitching to me that I couldn't stop the crazy nutcase murderer who broke into your house and raped your mother/wife/sisters whoever at gunpoint and there was nothing anybody could do because he had a gun, and you didn't (let's assume that i don't have a gun to stop this criminal either because you're a liberal ass-monkey who honestly believes that it's feasible to ensure that nobody has guns, and you and a bunch of other leftist pussies took away my constitutional RIGHT to have a gun to protect myself and my community).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10-25-2007 11:32PM 
Brigadier General

I'll bite

Galvatron96 wrote:
If no one had guns, there would be no shootings.
Very correct. Stabbings would go through the roof though. That's how the world worked back before there were guns. Also, getting rid of all guns is impossible. As mentioned, criminals don't give them up.

Galvatron96 wrote:
I propose that all guns should be illegal, except for police officers and military.
If you thought that police brutality was high before, imagine how bad it's going to be when society can't fight back. There is no incentive for the government not to set up labor camps for regular citizens.

Galvatron96 wrote:
And dont pull that first ammendment shit
I'll pull 2nd amendment shit instead.

Galvatron96 wrote:
it says that a 'Trained militia' has a right to bear arms, not ordinary citizens.
Let's look at the second amendment.

The Second Amendment wrote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now there are different clauses and it says the right of the people in the same one it talks about arms. Militia and arms aren't even in the same clause and people is closer to arms than militia. If the second amendment dealt with a collective right, it would've said "The right of the militia to keep and bear arms" but it says people. I promised not to talk about the first, but the fourth, fifth, ninth, and tenth amendments all have the word people in it and it is understood that those amendments are individual rights so why is the second so different? Imagine if the government made a law that said that only police officers and the military have the right to remain silent?

Now in case that whole militia thing still hangs people up let's see what militia actually means

United States Code, Title 10, section 311 wrote:
Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of
title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration
of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female
citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are--
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval
Militia.

Looks like I'm in the militia.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-26-2007 9:40AM 
Brigadier General

This discusses the practical aspects of banning all guns except for police and military - all guns entirely - all gun making tools and materials - and finally the magical disappearance of all guns, and what would happen to society in that case.

Imagine a world without guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10-26-2007 7:47PM 
Major

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2 ... %2C00.html
^^^protesting against laws against concealed carry on campus

This quote made me SO MAD:

Quote:
"You don't like the fact that you can't have a gun on your college campus? Drop out of school," said Peter Hamm, a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Since I don't have the right to self-protection I'm denied the right to education? (Lots wrong with that argument, but goddamn, that's what I thought when I read it)

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-27-2007 11:35PM 
bertowned
bertowned

LuvMyTreefrogs wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C304806%2C00.html

Quote:
"You don't like the fact that you can't have a gun on your college campus? Drop out of school," said Peter Hamm, a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Since I don't have the right to self-protection I'm denied the right to education? (Lots wrong with that argument, but goddamn, that's what I thought when I read it)

yeah, it's kinda like the RIAA suggestion that to pay them to not sue her, a MIT girl drop out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 10-28-2007 12:32AM 
Brigadier General

amd2800barton wrote:
LuvMyTreefrogs wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C304806%2C00.html

Quote:

yeah, it's kinda like the RIAA suggestion that to pay them to not sue her, a MIT girl drop out.

That would be Cassi. I knew her since she was like 10 and many people around here know her because she also went to the Missouri Academy. The hilarious part about it was that I remember when she disproved something in the pre-algebra book once and thought she was going to be famous. Guess so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-30-2007 10:24AM 
Colonel

the naked prophet wrote:
This discusses the practical aspects of banning all guns except for police and military - all guns entirely - all gun making tools and materials - and finally the magical disappearance of all guns, and what would happen to society in that case.

Very good article. Too bad most anti-gun people are too stupid to see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-30-2007 11:19AM 
Brigadier General

karl wrote:
the naked prophet wrote:

Not stupid. Some of them are quite intelligent. Many of them know the truth and work for gun control for political power or as part of a greater political agenda (higher crime is OK as long as they're living in the walled mansion with armed guards - and in charge!). Others are just blinded by irrational emotions based on the way they were raised or taught in school - how many other retarded things were you taught in elementary and high school?

Most people who vote anti-gun just haven't thought about it. It's just how they've always voted, it's how mom and dad voted, etc. My grandmother started voting democrat in the Great Depression - and has voted democrat ever since, even while espousing political views more in line with the republicans. Lots of people don't care enough to think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-30-2007 11:30AM 
Brigadier General

Oh yes, and more from just this week:

Homeowner thwarts burglary

Blind man shoots attacker

Woman shoots home invader

Man gives up cash to armed robbers, got shot at anyway, then shoots robbers This guy didn't seem too trigger-happy. He gave them what they wanted (the cash) and would have let them go, but they tried to kill him anyway. What if he hadn't been armed?
Also note, this "untrained citizen" got in a gunfight with THREE people, at least one of whom was armed with a gun, and managed to come out ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-30-2007 8:28PM 
Colonel

Source: Wilson Library
the naked prophet wrote:
karl wrote:
the naked prophet wrote:

Not stupid.... (saving space)

People who are ignorant of it because they don't care aren't anti-gun, but maybe vote that way because that's all they hear about. Since I find the anti-gun argument so empty (this is one argument I can't see both sides of, because the other side makes so little sense), I also find it impossible for any smart, rational person who's looked at the facts to really be anti-gun. Therefore, the 'stupid' comment. That's my opinion, period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 11-02-2007 12:37PM 
Brigadier General

Three more in the news today.

Business owner shoots one of two who kicked down his door

Grocery store owner shots armed robber

Would-be robbery/rape victim shoots armed attacker

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next