Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 2:55AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ann Coulter: wtf
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 10:50AM 
Colonel

Source: Wilson Library
A transcript, provided by Media Matters, follows.

DEUTSCH: Christian -- so we should be Christian? It would be better if we were all Christian?

COULTER: Yes.

DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?

COULTER: Yes. Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?

DEUTSCH: So I should not be a Jew, I should be a Christian, and this would be a better place?

COULTER: Well, you could be a practicing Jew, but you're not.

DEUTSCH: I actually am. That's not true. I really am. But -- so we would be better if we were - if people -- if there were no Jews, no Buddhists --

COULTER: Whenever I'm harangued by --

DEUTSCH: -- in this country? You can't believe that.

COULTER: -- you know, liberals on diversity --

DEUTSCH: Here you go again.

COULTER: No, it's true. I give all of these speeches at megachurches across America, and the one thing that's really striking about it is how utterly, completely diverse they are, and completely unself-consciously. You walk past a mixed-race couple in New York, and it's like they have a chip on their shoulder. They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would. And --

DEUTSCH: I don't agree with that. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe you have the chip looking at them. I see a lot of interracial couples, and I don't see any more or less chips there either way. That's erroneous.

COULTER: No. In fact, there was an entire Seinfeld episode about Elaine and her boyfriend dating because they wanted to be a mixed-race couple, so you're lying.

DEUTSCH: Oh, because of some Seinfeld episode? OK.

COULTER: But yeah, I think that's reflective of what's going on in the culture, but it is completely striking that at these huge megachurches -- the idea that, you know, the more Christian you are, the less tolerant you would be is preposterous.

DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not -- we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or --

COULTER: Yeah.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

COULTER: Yes.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly -- you're too educated, you can't -- you're like my friend in --

COULTER: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey.

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean --

COULTER: We have the fast-track program.

DEUTSCH: Why don't I put you with the head of Iran? I mean, come on. You can't believe that.

COULTER: The head of Iran is not a Christian.

DEUTSCH: No, but in fact, "Let's wipe Israel" --

COULTER: I don't know if you've been paying attention.

DEUTSCH: "Let's wipe Israel off the earth." I mean, what, no Jews?

COULTER: No, we think -- we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.

DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?

COULTER: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners --

DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued -- when you say something absurd like that, there's no --

COULTER: What's absurd?

DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself --

COULTER: Well, that's what the New Testament says.

DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more Big Idea when we come back.

[...]

DEUTSCH: Welcome back to The Big Idea. During the break, Ann said she wanted to explain her last comment. So I'm going to give her a chance. So you don't think that was offensive?

COULTER: No. I'm sorry. It is not intended to be. I don't think you should take it that way, but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws. What Christians believe -- this is just a statement of what the New Testament is -- is that that's why Christ came and died for our sins. Christians believe the Old Testament. You don't believe our testament.

DEUTSCH: You said -- your exact words were, "Jews need to be perfected." Those are the words out of your mouth.

COULTER: No, I'm saying that's what a Christian is.

DEUTSCH: But that's what you said -- don't you see how hateful, how anti-Semitic --

COULTER: No!

DEUTSCH: How do you not see? You're an educated woman. How do you not see that?

COULTER: That isn't hateful at all.

DEUTSCH: But that's even a scarier thought.

Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 10:57AM 
Drowning

Source: EE Building
she is a narrow minded, brain washed bitch.

sadly there are a lot of these people around, educated or not.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 11:10AM 
Colonel

Source: Fulton Hall
What do you expect? She makes her living off of hate, intolerance, and bigotry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 12:03PM 
Major

Source: VPN
This reminded me of a History Channel documentary on Nazis and had some info about those still rallying today; there was footage of the huge Nazi group and groups of protestors berating each other. I really wished I was there to hold up a huge sign that had FREE SPEECH crossed out on it and see what happened.

This is one of those situations where if you ignore it, it will go away. The more publicity people like Coulter and Fred Phelps get, the more they win.

http://designsbykathryn.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 1:44PM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
If your beliefs are that those who don't follow Christ aren't going to heaven, isn't it your responsibility to try and get others to follow Him as well? Isn't it perfectly reasonably then to say that the world would be a better place if everyone were to be followers of Christ, in the sense that humanity as a whole would've achieved salvation? How then is it 'hateful' if your goal is eternal life for your fellow man?

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 2:21PM 
Lieutenant General

LoganHill wrote:
If your beliefs are that those who don't follow Christ aren't going to heaven, isn't it your responsibility to try and get others to follow Him as well? Isn't it perfectly reasonably then to say that the world would be a better place if everyone were to be followers of Christ, in the sense that humanity as a whole would've achieved salvation? How then is it 'hateful' if your goal is eternal life for your fellow man?

Just a thought.

Concurrance, but also remember that it could be a slippery slope to converting people by force for their own good. And this from Seek's very own religious zealot if you listen to part of the people on these boards...

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 2:31PM 
Colonel

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
jthxv wrote:
LoganHill wrote:

Just a thought.

Concurrance, but also remember that it could be a slippery slope to converting people by force for their own good. And this from Seek's very own religious zealot if you listen to part of the people on these boards...

Better yet, how about we all just live and let live? If Ann Coulter thinks the world would be a better place if we were all Christian, and that Jews need to be "perfected", that's fine be me as long as she doesn't impose her beliefs on anyone else. I generally couldn't care less about what others think. What concerns me more is how they act. As long as she doesn't turn into a Hitler or Osama bin Laden, she can sit there and spout her moral supremacy all day long for all I care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 2:32PM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
jthxv wrote:
LoganHill wrote:

Just a thought.

agreed.

and to clarify, I'm not a big fan of Coulter. I just don't see this particular incident as exemplifying hate or bigotry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 3:33PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Oh, i can definately see why this would be considered hate speech (ie get you arrested) in some parts of the world. But it also exemplifies something i love about America: i can say and do pretty much whatever i want, as long as my words and actions don't hurt other people or their property.

So i say, keep spewing, Ann. Remind me what I admire so much about this country - I can hate or love anyone to my heart's desire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 3:37PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Kelly Hall
Wow, she is ridiculous.

Does anyone know if there's a youtube of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 10-15-2007 4:03PM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST Wireless
She spends too much time thinking about liberals, she's starting to act like them.

Oh snap!

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif