* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 12:09AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 11-28-2007 10:52PM 
Lieutenant General

Source: VPN
Triath wrote:
Sure global warming doesn't exist, and the desertification, the 400% increment of water catastrophes, north polo ice surface decreasing and the batterfly flying in the winter are JUST COINCIDENCES

Amazing! ???????

Ok. Water is less and less available (global warming and pollution) as In India and in Spain, Greek and Africa e probably also some area of US.
Let's say that its price will rise, all the poor people that can't afford to drink will die. AMAZING!

Petroleum will finish, if the supply of alternative energy will not be sufficient, what you will do with you television and car? The construction of energy plant can take several years and only selected people will be able to continue their live regularly until the price of energy will decrease again. Will you be between them?

The same for food, cloths, etc.

Links? 400% increment of water catastrophes? What is that? Is it really that hard to believe that weather/climate might be cyclical, and that the cycle just might be a little larger than ~100 years? I suppose the Sun doesn't play any part in our climate, does it. How exactly does CO2 make water less available? If anything, according to the pointy caps, global warming should make water MORE available, by freeing it up from those damn polar ice caps....

Why not outlaw MURDER instead of trying to outlaw guns?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-29-2007 12:04AM 
Brigadier General

Source: RC I
jthxv wrote:
Links? 400% increment of water catastrophes? What is that? Is it really that hard to believe that weather/climate might be cyclical, and that the cycle just might be a little larger than ~100 years? I suppose the Sun doesn't play any part in our climate, does it. How exactly does CO2 make water less available? If anything, according to the pointy caps, global warming should make water MORE available, by freeing it up from those damn polar ice caps....

Ah those damn polar ice caps.

I am inclined to agree with jthxv here. Google around for earth's climate/weather cycle and read it, although I don't think it is around 100 years heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-29-2007 9:02AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
i am more inclined to think it is less cyclical, and more dependent on major natural disasters, such as a strain of heavy volcanic activity in a period of a couple of decades could warm things up a bit due to dust and stuff in the atmosphere. Massive meteor strikes. Heavily elevated solar activity (it happens). Other than things like these, i believe the general temperature stays within acceptable boundaries based on less severe occurrences of the aforementioned events.

my list is not exclusive.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-29-2007 10:29AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
jthxv wrote:
Triath wrote:
Sure global warming doesn't exist, and the desertification, the 400% increment of water catastrophes, north polo ice surface decreasing and the batterfly flying in the winter are JUST COINCIDENCES

Amazing! ???????

Ok. Water is less and less available (global warming and pollution) as In India and in Spain, Greek and Africa e probably also some area of US.
Let's say that its price will rise, all the poor people that can't afford to drink will die. AMAZING!

Petroleum will finish, if the supply of alternative energy will not be sufficient, what you will do with you television and car? The construction of energy plant can take several years and only selected people will be able to continue their live regularly until the price of energy will decrease again. Will you be between them?

The same for food, cloths, etc.

Agreed. One of the most controversial aspects of the supposed global climate changes is the fact that accurate climate logs are not comprehensive of earth's history, only a few years. I am pointing out that the probability is high that we are simply seeing events which are part of earth's natural and cyclic nature. Also, results look exaggerated when compared to a period thirty to forty years ago when the climate was "heading for the next ice age." Also, if anyone knows who gets to decide the 'acceptable average temperature' for the earth, please let me know since I will need to be paying them a visit.

We need to be more conscious of our impact on the environment; we have proof that the pollution is affecting the health of humans and animals. We need to develop viable energy options which do not rely on fossil fuels. We need take advantage of the fact we can satiate both of those needs at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-29-2007 11:41AM 
Lieutenant General

I should also point out that in this instance, I am talking about CO2 (which WE produce) and water vapor (a huge green house gas). I am NOT talking about Cr-VI or Hg or Pb or particulates or anything like that. Sometimes folks don't seem to realize that there IS a difference.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-29-2007 3:25PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Norwood Hall
I think the reason a lot of people *need* to believe that humans are causing global warming is simple. If we are the cause, there is something that can be done about it, even if the effort and cost would be enormous. On the other hand, if the human impact is negligible then it's doubtful we have the resources to reverse or even stop the current warming trend. People don't like to think they're helpless.

x(10-1) = 9.9999... - x
9x = 9.9999... -x
9x = 9 (since x = 0.999...)
x = 1 = 0.99999

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 11-29-2007 6:23PM 
Lieutenant General

Kongfuzi wrote:
I think the reason a lot of people *need* to believe that humans are causing global warming is simple. If we are the cause, there is something that can be done about it, even if the effort and cost would be enormous. On the other hand, if the human impact is negligible then it's doubtful we have the resources to reverse or even stop the current warming trend. People don't like to think they're helpless.

I don't know, I kinda like the idea of, "Well, there's nothing I can do about. Time to moveo n to other things."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-03-2007 11:00AM 
pwned by heretic
pwned by heretic

Source: CivilE Building
Bill Nye says global warming exist. Want to prove him wrong? Cuse you can't, he Bill Fucking Nye.... THE SCIENCE GUY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 12-03-2007 1:50PM 
Lieutenant General

If Bill Nye says it, I retract anything I said that contradicts anything he said. He is the baddest moflippy on the block...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-04-2007 8:24AM 
Lieutenant General

I dunno, I kinda liked Beakman's World.

Profile E-mail