It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:15PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Obama, McCaskill visiting ROLLA this Wednesday
PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 8:26PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
More Facebook pics here. Check this one out:

ImageImage

Last edited by Colossians3 on Thu 07-31-2008 8:33PM, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 8:32PM 
Brigadier General

the naked prophet wrote:
Do you know why high fructose corn syrup is in every-damn-thing?

Reminds me of a quote: "If you think more government is the answer, then you obviously don't understand the problem."

Apparently I didn't. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 08-01-2008 4:40AM 
Major General

Those pro life fuckers piss me off. Every time I see one of them, it makes me want to get some girl pregnant and force her to get an abortion.

PostPosted: Fri 08-01-2008 6:16AM 
Brigadier General

Source: IT Staff
devil wrote:
Every time I see one of them, it makes me want to get some girl pregnant and force her to get an abortion.

Hence the name? :evil:

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 08-03-2008 12:49AM 
Major

Just my two cents here, but I think the government tells me what I can and can't do plenty often enough already. I certainly don't want them to tell me what I can and can't eat. I'll eat whatever the hell I want--which I do all the time. And on a side note, I'm far from overweight... I'm on the cross country and track teams (5'10", 125 lbs.). If people want to be big fatasses, that's their business. Yeah, I'm rather ashamed of how such a high percentage of Americans are overweight... but I definitely don't think the government should do much about it other than perhaps some education about healthy foods and lifestyles. The decision to eat healthy, exercise, etc. is a choice that should be made by each individual.

PostPosted: Mon 08-04-2008 2:06PM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
Tom Green wrote:
Just my two cents here, but I think the government tells me what I can and can't do plenty often enough already. I certainly don't want them to tell me what I can and can't eat. I'll eat whatever the hell I want--which I do all the time. And on a side note, I'm far from overweight... I'm on the cross country and track teams (5'10", 125 lbs.). If people want to be big fatasses, that's their business. Yeah, I'm rather ashamed of how such a high percentage of Americans are overweight... but I definitely don't think the government should do much about it other than perhaps some education about healthy foods and lifestyles. The decision to eat healthy, exercise, etc. is a choice that should be made by each individual.

Yes, but I also shouldn't have to pay for their quadruple bypass heart surgery, chronic cholesterol medication, and disability social security checks.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

PostPosted: Mon 08-04-2008 3:45PM 
Major

the naked prophet wrote:
Tom Green wrote:

Yes, but I also shouldn't have to pay for their quadruple bypass heart surgery, chronic cholesterol medication, and disability social security checks.

Good point.. and I agree.

PostPosted: Tue 08-05-2008 9:32AM 
Brigadier General

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
Tom Green wrote:
the naked prophet wrote:
Tom Green wrote:

Good point.. and I agree.

I think I should add this - when the government pays for all the health care (of course, we are paying for it, the government merely takes the money at gunpoint from us), they also have the ability to restrict unhealthy activities. After all, when you pay for your own healthcare, you can eat whatever you want because it doesn't hurt anybody else. But when you eating a double cheeseburger with an extra-bigass-fries costs me money for your healthcare... I don't think you're going to be eating any more cheeseburgers.

And that's sad because I like cheeseburgers.

http://web.umr.edu/~ikellogg/heretic%5E-owls.gif

PostPosted: Mon 09-15-2008 2:50PM 
Captain

Cochise wrote:
This is reason number 4396 why I hate politics. This "town-hall" shindig is set up to where no one but fans of Obama can go, so honestly no questions that could even potentiall test Obama will ever be asked. It will turn into a typical event where everyone is ass-kissing Obama, and every middle-age lady is getting off at the fact that Barack Obama is in their town. But yet Obama is made to look like a good guy, and a friend of the working class simply because he made a couple stops in Rural Missouri.

While I'm still on my soapbox let me say that I HATE politicians, and everything to do with them and politics, so I am not just Obama bashing here. I'll say the same thing if for some reason McCain comes to Rolla. They are all fake hypocritical liars, and all they really care about is the amount of money in their own checkbook. They really couldn't give a rat's ass about you are me.

qft

PostPosted: Mon 09-15-2008 3:48PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Destri,

I know you don't come to the forums too often, so I can understand the dead threads being bumped, but let's let them remain that way unless you actually have something to add.