Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon 03-18-2024 9:50PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who are you voting for?
Obama/Biden 55%  55%  [ 32 ]
McCain/Palin 31%  31%  [ 18 ]
Other 13%  13%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 58
 Post subject: Re: Election '08
PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 11:53AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
zkissane wrote:
berto wrote:
How about we let him actually take office and see what happens before everyone starts bashing him? I mean, shit, if people voted Bush in for eight years, why the hell are republicans still talking like they even deserve to look down on Obama? You lost that right putting up the world's biggest self-serving douchebag in office. I'm sure Obama won't do any worse.

I don't know what's going to happen, but a big part of me hopes that Obama rocks the presidency and shoves his big, black, presidential cock down your throats.

Hmm... I seem to remember when liberals got their panties in a twist (and rightly so, for what it's worth) over the "if you don't support Bush you're not patriotic" meme. But now, when the winds change, they change their tune to "if you don't support Obama you must love that miserable failure Bush". Don't liberals hate it when people stereotype?

I love double standards.

Where are the double standards? I'm not saying people aren't patriotic because of their choice for president. I'm saying they have no room to complain about Obama when they voted in Bush. And I guess I should've clarified "they". When I say "they", I mean the people that voted in Bush which I'm pretty sure included a hell of a lot of democrats. And nowhere did I say that people that voted him into office 'loved him' either. I'm saying they made a horrible decision 4 and 8 years ago and have no room to even look down on Obama (obviously they can and will, this was just an attack at how much of an idiot Bush really was).

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 11:59AM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
I despise Obama. I also never voted for Bush (and yes, I was eligible to and did vote in 2000 and 2004). You stereotype that just because I despise Obama means that I voted for Bush.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 12:10PM 
Drowning

Source: MST-PSK Wireless
that and if you think gore or Kerry wouldve done better your nuts

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 12:19PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
LostBoyz wrote:
that and if you think gore or Kerry wouldve done better your nuts

Almost as nuts as trying to argue what would have happened if gore or Kerry where in office. You can play the what-if game all day long be the fact remains that Bush was in office during the start middle and end of both the economic crisis and the war in iraq.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 12:35PM 
Drowning

Source: EE Building
no but gore is nuts and kerry was equally retarded. I agree the what-if game is dumb, but I honestly think it could have been a whole lot worse.

side note:
personally gore should be in jail, if only what he was doing is illegal
he is investing heavily in "green" power sources, makes a movie about global warming (scare tactic), and is pushing legislation to force power development towards coincidentally the companies he has invested in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 12:45PM 
Major

Source: Somewhere On Campus
cmptrnrd16 wrote:
Almost as nuts as trying to argue what would have happened if gore or Kerry where in office. You can play the what-if game all day long be the fact remains that Bush was in office during the start middle and end of both the economic crisis and the war in iraq.

I'm not saying that Bush didn't make it worse, better, or did nothing, but a lot of the housing issues and the current economic crisis started from the Democrats while Clinton was president. They are the ones who got the ball rolling on lots of changes that gave people with lower credit houses who now can't pay for them.

I wasn't able to vote for the last president but I wouldn't have voted for Bush but I don't think I could have voted for Kerry. This time I could and voted for Obama. He is far from perfect but I think he will do more for the country than McCain.

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 1:51PM 
Brigadier General

zkissane wrote:
I despise Obama. I also never voted for Bush (and yes, I was eligible to and did vote in 2000 and 2004). You stereotype that just because I despise Obama means that I voted for Bush.

What? Quit putting words in my mouth. I specifically targeted people that voted Bush. I stated that.

LostBoyz wrote:
no but gore is nuts and kerry was equally retarded. I agree the what-if game is dumb, but I honestly think it could have been a whole lot worse.

And Bush isn't as equally retarded as either of them? I think he's proved it where Kerry and Gore never had a chance to. And you can't say you agree the what-if game is dumb and continue to play it. Align your actions and beliefs pullz.

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 1:56PM 
Drowning

berto wrote:
zkissane wrote:

What? Quit putting words in my mouth. I specifically targeted people that voted Bush. I stated that.

LostBoyz wrote:

And Bush isn't as equally retarded as either of them? I think he's proved it where Kerry and Gore never had a chance to. And you can't say you agree the what-if game is dumb and continue to play it. Align your actions and beliefs pullz.

that means you shouldnt refute his argument since he didnt vote for bush

and i agree that what i am doing is dumb, its still my opinion

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 2:14PM 
Brigadier General

LostBoyz wrote:
that means you shouldnt refute his argument since he didnt vote for bush

and i agree that what i am doing is dumb, its still my opinion

I'm refuting him telling me that I am applying double standards.

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 2:38PM 
Drowning

the fact is you are assuming that everyone that is saying bad things about obama voted for bush, nobody in here said they voted for bush

so you are making assumptions and double standards kthxbai

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 2:42PM 
Brigadier General

LostBoyz wrote:
the fact is you are assuming that everyone that is saying bad things about obama voted for bush, nobody in here said they voted for bush

so you are making assumptions and double standards kthxbai

What are you talking about? Nowhere did I say that. I specifically said in my post that I was directing my statements to people who voted for bush. The only mistake I see was in one of my earlier posts where I specified 'Republicans' which I should have initially changed to say people who voted for Bush. Nowhere did I say that people who don't like or didn't vote for Obama like/love Bush. Quit putting words in my mouth.

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 3:07PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
"why the hell are republicans still talking like they even deserve to look down on Obama? You lost that right putting up the world's biggest self-serving douchebag in office. I'm sure Obama won't do any worse."

I am a Republican; I did not put Bush in to office, despite your claim here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 3:11PM 
Brigadier General

Source: CompSci Building
jahornung wrote:
cmptrnrd16 wrote:

I'm not saying that Bush didn't make it worse, better, or did nothing, but a lot of the housing issues and the current economic crisis started from the Democrats while Clinton was president. They are the ones who got the ball rolling on lots of changes that gave people with lower credit houses who now can't pay for them.

I wasn't able to vote for the last president but I wouldn't have voted for Bush but I don't think I could have voted for Kerry. This time I could and voted for Obama. He is far from perfect but I think he will do more for the country than McCain.

The rebuplican congress under clinton and then bush were the ones that turned their backs on the problem and favored little to no regulations that could have prevented the problem.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 3:15PM 
Drowning

can we just say fuck the two party system?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 11-06-2008 3:43PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fulton Hall
LostBoyz wrote:
can we just say fuck the two party system?

Fuck the two party system.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next