Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 8:50AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 10:28AM 
Major General

Source: Off Campus
Patrick wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
Well if you know of some other plan where you can get 2 lines with 1400 mins, unlimited texting, and smartphone data packages for a hundred bucks (total) I'd love to hear your far superior option.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/cell-phone-plans-detail.aspx?tp=tb1&rateplan=Even-More-Plus-for-Families-1500-Talk-Text-Web

Best deal I found was T-Mobile @ $120/mo. As a bonus, unlimited data with T-Mobile truly means unlimited data. No invisible caps. Plus, the Even More Plus plans can be cancelled at any time without penalty. No insider-access 50% discount required either! The downside is that most T-Mobile phones suck - the best phone that works with T-Mobile is the Nexus One which can't be purchased through T-Mobile.

Pretty sure you can purchase it through Google and still get a discount/rebate w/ a 2yr contract

PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 6:32PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Patrick wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
Well if you know of some other plan where you can get 2 lines with 1400 mins, unlimited texting, and smartphone data packages for a hundred bucks (total) I'd love to hear your far superior option.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/cell-phone-plans-detail.aspx?tp=tb1&rateplan=Even-More-Plus-for-Families-1500-Talk-Text-Web

Best deal I found was T-Mobile @ $120/mo. As a bonus, unlimited data with T-Mobile truly means unlimited data. No invisible caps. Plus, the Even More Plus plans can be cancelled at any time without penalty. No insider-access 50% discount required either! The downside is that most T-Mobile phones suck - the best phone that works with T-Mobile is the Nexus One which can't be purchased through T-Mobile.

I'll take the iPhone over the Nexus One, AND the $480 saved over 2 years.

Also: the reception issue is present - I noticed it this weekend while driving in the boonies of northwest Missouri. Until my case-mate case comes in I've got a extra screen protector (had a generic one laying around) sliced up just right, and placed over the left side. Don't even realize its there 98% of the time.

PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 6:42PM 
Drowning

this basically comes down to an amazing looking car came out, but the engine would stall if you held the steering wheel in a way that most do, and the companies solution is to tell you not to, or you have to pay more to get it fixed. I don't even want to buy a product that has an engineering shortfall let alone an utter failure.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 7:01PM 
bertowned
bertowned

We get it, Scott - you won't buy the iPhone 4 because of this issue. For some, the issue doesn't detract enough from the device. Its all a matter of opinion and what you consider important in a smartphone. Considering that I was planning on a case for it *before* the reception issue came out, I didn't find it to be a big deal because I won't experience this problem. For me, the iPhone 4 is a better device than any other out there (especially if you throw in a case). Your mileage may vary.

I do hope that this opens the eyes of some of the Apple Sheep out there that Apple is not a good company. Perhaps Apple's handling of this will get all the fanboys out there to stop considering Steve Jobs a demigod.

PS: I think the full anandtech review on the iPhone 4 is a great read - it really delves into the antenna issue.

PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 7:13PM 
Drowning

I don't see how you can see my point and still get the thing, or not at least be angry and think apple should give you a free case. You seem rather complacent, therefore you are a mindless sheep.

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 7:40AM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Read about this video in the KC Star when an area Best Buy employee was suspended after posting it. Pretty appropriate for this thread.

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 8:10AM 
BLITZVERPWND
BLITZVERPWND

Source: IT Dept
the brown one is amd2800barton

Linux and Macintosh, Eiskaltdc++, then adcs://hub.queue42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 8:48AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Eh close enough. As long as all the Evo fans are Like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOtC9QfXac[/youtube]
I honestly think it's stupid to judge people based on the phone they buy. Can't we stick to more important issues like skin color and religion? ;-)

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 9:15AM 
Colonel

I think its appalling that you are an informed consumer and you STILL bought an engineering-flawed phone from an company with obviously horrible customer service practices. At least I can understand the stupid masses going out there and blindly buying the item because of the label that is on it. You're knowingly supporting an admittedly bad company.

Apple even takes down threads from their forums when people bring up the phones negative "features".

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 11:05AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Seriously nobody even reads posts on this forum. They just see "iPhone 4" and their eyes glaze over. The device works fantastic for me, and was much much cheaper than any other option out there. I simply don't consider this to be that big of an issue as I planned on putting this in a case before the reports came out. You've got a better option for me? Suggest it, otherwise shut the fuck up - nobody's making you buy the phone.

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 12:07PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
amd2800barton wrote:
You've got a better option for me? Suggest it, otherwise shut the fuck up - nobody's making you buy the phone.

Or - better option here - stop caring what other people buy and try not to let popular opinion sway you. Neither the iPhone nor the plethora of Android phones on the market and being developed are going anywhere any time soon. Blackberry isn't going anywhere until corporations realize there are alternatives out there. Windows CE, I mean Windows Mobile, I mean Windows Phone, is about to reinvent itself again - whether that's good or bad time will tell. Either way, there is no reason to make your decision based on who's on top or what your friends have. Do the research and pick the phone that's best for you.

Personally, as an Android user, I'm content to have Apple and its legion of obedient fans around. If their user base was to switch to Android they would have to dumb the OS down and take away many of the customizable features that make Android so great. Drive on, Apple.

PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 3:44PM 
Major General

Patrick wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
You've got a better option for me? Suggest it, otherwise shut the fuck up - nobody's making you buy the phone.

Or - better option here - stop caring what other people buy and try not to let popular opinion sway you. Neither the iPhone nor the plethora of Android phones on the market and being developed are going anywhere any time soon. Blackberry isn't going anywhere until corporations realize there are alternatives out there. Windows CE, I mean Windows Mobile, I mean Windows Phone, is about to reinvent itself again - whether that's good or bad time will tell. Either way, there is no reason to make your decision based on who's on top or what your friends have. Do the research and pick the phone that's best for you.

Personally, as an Android user, I'm content to have Apple and its legion of obedient fans around. If their user base was to switch to Android they would have to dumb the OS down and take away many of the customizable features that make Android so great. Drive on, Apple.

+1. Competition is good for everybody. The iPhone probably wouldn't have copy and paste, 3rd party apps and MMS if it wasn't for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile, and Android might not even exist if it wasn't for the iPhone. And hopefully soon we'll see some Android (and other) devices with the retina display. While I can't stand iOS and think the reception problem makes the iPhone 4 one big fucking joke, I have seen one and the screen on it is amazing. That's the only thing Apple got right on the iP4.

PostPosted: Mon 07-19-2010 3:14PM 
bertowned
bertowned

Oh you just have to love the Taiwanese:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-YesqzvNk[/youtube]

PostPosted: Thu 08-26-2010 10:39PM 
Colonel

HP+Palm+Web OS phone? Eh, maybe. I honestly have no clue which I'm going with, but it'll probably be with Sprint as long as they finish upgrading my area to 3G.

PostPosted: Fri 08-27-2010 11:17PM 
Major General

modernmystic wrote:
HP+Palm+Web OS phone? Eh, maybe. I honestly have no clue which I'm going with, but it'll probably be with Sprint as long as they finish upgrading my area to 3G.

Android > *

WebOS is nice, I've played with a Pre and I quite like it, but I'm just not entirely sure it fully has HP's backing. I'd hate to buy a WebOS phone and HP doesn't offer any updates for it. I know HP says they plan on using WebOS for more devices, like tablets and such, but I'm not not comfortable enough yet to pay a couple hundred bucks for the phone and lock myself into a contract. I think if I were on Sprint, I'd be going with an Evo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next