Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 04-27-2017 7:06AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 10:28AM 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-14-2005 8:36PM
Posts: 2166
Location: in a Google Fiberhood. Suck it bitches!

Source: Off Campus
Patrick wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
Well if you know of some other plan where you can get 2 lines with 1400 mins, unlimited texting, and smartphone data packages for a hundred bucks (total) I'd love to hear your far superior option.


http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/cell-phone-plans-detail.aspx?tp=tb1&rateplan=Even-More-Plus-for-Families-1500-Talk-Text-Web

Best deal I found was T-Mobile @ $120/mo. As a bonus, unlimited data with T-Mobile truly means unlimited data. No invisible caps. Plus, the Even More Plus plans can be cancelled at any time without penalty. No insider-access 50% discount required either! The downside is that most T-Mobile phones suck - the best phone that works with T-Mobile is the Nexus One which can't be purchased through T-Mobile.


Pretty sure you can purchase it through Google and still get a discount/rebate w/ a 2yr contract

_________________
They let us play with markers, but i keep trying to draw infinity


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 6:32PM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2116

Source: Off Campus
Patrick wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
Well if you know of some other plan where you can get 2 lines with 1400 mins, unlimited texting, and smartphone data packages for a hundred bucks (total) I'd love to hear your far superior option.


http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/cell-phone-plans-detail.aspx?tp=tb1&rateplan=Even-More-Plus-for-Families-1500-Talk-Text-Web

Best deal I found was T-Mobile @ $120/mo. As a bonus, unlimited data with T-Mobile truly means unlimited data. No invisible caps. Plus, the Even More Plus plans can be cancelled at any time without penalty. No insider-access 50% discount required either! The downside is that most T-Mobile phones suck - the best phone that works with T-Mobile is the Nexus One which can't be purchased through T-Mobile.


I'll take the iPhone over the Nexus One, AND the $480 saved over 2 years.

Also: the reception issue is present - I noticed it this weekend while driving in the boonies of northwest Missouri. Until my case-mate case comes in I've got a extra screen protector (had a generic one laying around) sliced up just right, and placed over the left side. Don't even realize its there 98% of the time.

_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 6:42PM 
Offline
Drowning
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-15-2004 9:36PM
Posts: 4949
Location: ~~~~\o/~~~~~

Source: Off Campus
this basically comes down to an amazing looking car came out, but the engine would stall if you held the steering wheel in a way that most do, and the companies solution is to tell you not to, or you have to pay more to get it fixed. I don't even want to buy a product that has an engineering shortfall let alone an utter failure.

_________________
Rolla survivor

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net


Top
 Profile E-mail  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 7:01PM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2116

Source: Off Campus
We get it, Scott - you won't buy the iPhone 4 because of this issue. For some, the issue doesn't detract enough from the device. Its all a matter of opinion and what you consider important in a smartphone. Considering that I was planning on a case for it *before* the reception issue came out, I didn't find it to be a big deal because I won't experience this problem. For me, the iPhone 4 is a better device than any other out there (especially if you throw in a case). Your mileage may vary.

I do hope that this opens the eyes of some of the Apple Sheep out there that Apple is not a good company. Perhaps Apple's handling of this will get all the fanboys out there to stop considering Steve Jobs a demigod.

PS: I think the full anandtech review on the iPhone 4 is a great read - it really delves into the antenna issue.

_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-12-2010 7:13PM 
Offline
Drowning
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-15-2004 9:36PM
Posts: 4949
Location: ~~~~\o/~~~~~

Source: Off Campus
I don't see how you can see my point and still get the thing, or not at least be angry and think apple should give you a free case. You seem rather complacent, therefore you are a mindless sheep.

_________________
Rolla survivor

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net


Top
 Profile E-mail  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 7:40AM 
Offline
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon 08-18-2003 9:25AM
Posts: 530
Location: 37°57'47.14"N, 91°44'51.65"W

Source: Fidelity
Read about this video in the KC Star when an area Best Buy employee was suspended after posting it. Pretty appropriate for this thread.



Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 8:10AM 
Offline
BLITZVERPWND
BLITZVERPWND
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09-16-2009 6:52AM
Posts: 608
Location: in your 802.11g stealing your internetz

Source: IT Dept
the brown one is amd2800barton

_________________
Queue42 - Advanced Direct Connect over SSL
Preconfigured Client -- 64 bit StrongDC++ 2.42
Preconfigured Client -- 32 bit StrongDC++ 2.42
Linux and Macintosh, Eiskaltdc++, then adcs://hub.queue42.net


Top
 Profile E-mail  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 8:48AM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2116

Source: Off Campus
Eh close enough. As long as all the Evo fans are Like this:

I honestly think it's stupid to judge people based on the phone they buy. Can't we stick to more important issues like skin color and religion? ;-)

_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 9:15AM 
Offline
Colonel

Joined: Sat 04-29-2006 8:47PM
Posts: 663

Source: Off Campus
I think its appalling that you are an informed consumer and you STILL bought an engineering-flawed phone from an company with obviously horrible customer service practices. At least I can understand the stupid masses going out there and blindly buying the item because of the label that is on it. You're knowingly supporting an admittedly bad company.

Apple even takes down threads from their forums when people bring up the phones negative "features".


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 11:05AM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2116

Source: Off Campus
Seriously nobody even reads posts on this forum. They just see "iPhone 4" and their eyes glaze over. The device works fantastic for me, and was much much cheaper than any other option out there. I simply don't consider this to be that big of an issue as I planned on putting this in a case before the reports came out. You've got a better option for me? Suggest it, otherwise shut the fuck up - nobody's making you buy the phone.

_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 12:07PM 
Offline
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon 08-18-2003 9:25AM
Posts: 530
Location: 37°57'47.14"N, 91°44'51.65"W

Source: Fidelity
amd2800barton wrote:
You've got a better option for me? Suggest it, otherwise shut the fuck up - nobody's making you buy the phone.


Or - better option here - stop caring what other people buy and try not to let popular opinion sway you. Neither the iPhone nor the plethora of Android phones on the market and being developed are going anywhere any time soon. Blackberry isn't going anywhere until corporations realize there are alternatives out there. Windows CE, I mean Windows Mobile, I mean Windows Phone, is about to reinvent itself again - whether that's good or bad time will tell. Either way, there is no reason to make your decision based on who's on top or what your friends have. Do the research and pick the phone that's best for you.

Personally, as an Android user, I'm content to have Apple and its legion of obedient fans around. If their user base was to switch to Android they would have to dumb the OS down and take away many of the customizable features that make Android so great. Drive on, Apple.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Tue 07-13-2010 3:44PM 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08-25-2004 8:55PM
Posts: 2969

Source: Off Campus
Patrick wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:
You've got a better option for me? Suggest it, otherwise shut the fuck up - nobody's making you buy the phone.


Or - better option here - stop caring what other people buy and try not to let popular opinion sway you. Neither the iPhone nor the plethora of Android phones on the market and being developed are going anywhere any time soon. Blackberry isn't going anywhere until corporations realize there are alternatives out there. Windows CE, I mean Windows Mobile, I mean Windows Phone, is about to reinvent itself again - whether that's good or bad time will tell. Either way, there is no reason to make your decision based on who's on top or what your friends have. Do the research and pick the phone that's best for you.

Personally, as an Android user, I'm content to have Apple and its legion of obedient fans around. If their user base was to switch to Android they would have to dumb the OS down and take away many of the customizable features that make Android so great. Drive on, Apple.



+1. Competition is good for everybody. The iPhone probably wouldn't have copy and paste, 3rd party apps and MMS if it wasn't for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile, and Android might not even exist if it wasn't for the iPhone. And hopefully soon we'll see some Android (and other) devices with the retina display. While I can't stand iOS and think the reception problem makes the iPhone 4 one big fucking joke, I have seen one and the screen on it is amazing. That's the only thing Apple got right on the iP4.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Mon 07-19-2010 3:14PM 
Offline
bertowned
bertowned
User avatar

Joined: Sun 08-20-2006 4:26PM
Posts: 2116

Source: Off Campus
Oh you just have to love the Taiwanese:


_________________
BigPeeOn wrote:
Here's the deal: chemistry is the devil.
Anything beyond balancing an chemical equation is black magic.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Thu 08-26-2010 10:39PM 
Offline
Colonel

Joined: Sun 09-25-2005 1:55PM
Posts: 646
Location: Not quite sure

Source: Off Campus
HP+Palm+Web OS phone? Eh, maybe. I honestly have no clue which I'm going with, but it'll probably be with Sprint as long as they finish upgrading my area to 3G.

_________________
All I'm here to do is live my life and try to help others on the way.


Top
 Profile  
    
 Post subject: Re: Problems with the iPhone 4 already
PostPosted: Fri 08-27-2010 11:17PM 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08-25-2004 8:55PM
Posts: 2969

Source: Off Campus
modernmystic wrote:
HP+Palm+Web OS phone? Eh, maybe. I honestly have no clue which I'm going with, but it'll probably be with Sprint as long as they finish upgrading my area to 3G.


Android > *

WebOS is nice, I've played with a Pre and I quite like it, but I'm just not entirely sure it fully has HP's backing. I'd hate to buy a WebOS phone and HP doesn't offer any updates for it. I know HP says they plan on using WebOS for more devices, like tablets and such, but I'm not not comfortable enough yet to pay a couple hundred bucks for the phone and lock myself into a contract. I think if I were on Sprint, I'd be going with an Evo.


Top
 Profile  
    
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group