Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 3:44AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fat people don't lack willpower, they're just sick!
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 4:41PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
Link'd.

Score one for personal responsibility. :roll:

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 5:20PM 
Major

Source: Off Campus
...bah...
I think the next story about the birth control hormone blocking the sex drive in monkeys is more interesting...*shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 5:31PM 
Hero of Time

Jesus Christ, I think I'm going to kill the whole world now. We'd be better off, really, after this shit. Let's just throw away any shred of personal responsibility Americans still thought they had. Let's just have the government force us to pay for magic pills and surgeries that save lazy people the trouble of taking care of themselves. I'm going to go vomit now, bye.

Edit: This seems pertinent.
http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4028&n=1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 6:33PM 
Major

Deep Glue wrote:
Jesus Christ, I think I'm going to kill the whole world now. We'd be better off, really, after this shit. Let's just throw away any shred of personal responsibility Americans still thought they had. Let's just have the government force us to pay for magic pills and surgeries that save lazy people the trouble of taking care of themselves. I'm going to go vomit now, bye.

Edit: This seems pertinent.
http://theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4028&n=1

i think making the 'obese' people go into some sort of therapy or counselling where they learn about personal responsibility, would be much more effective. on second thought... i'm going to go blow up the fireworks i have left from 4th of july.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 6:55PM 
Colonel

lordoftheworld wrote:
i think making the 'obese' people go into some sort of therapy or counselling where they learn about personal responsibility, would be much more effective. on second thought...

Except by making it a disease it would be much easier for those people to throw the bills to the taxpayers (me) instead of being responsible for it themselves.

I still feel like I'm being penalized because I choose to spend time and money trying (and failing so far this summer, bleh) to keep myself in shape, instead of believing it's society's responsibility to keep me from being a lardass.

"I'll attract them with my human call.... 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, Night Elf, Warcraft III Reign of Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 7:39PM 
Colonel

Don't forget the lawsuits against McDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, Arby's, and every other food manufacturer that are sure to come now. Evil corporations the dare to give us what we want - the nerve!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07-16-2004 11:06PM 
Major

If it were really an epidemic disease, shouldn't they quarantine the country so it doesn't spread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07-17-2004 12:02AM 
Colonel

How about they just quarantine fat people. I wouldn't mind not having to worry about getting stuck behind some 450 lbs of lard jamed into a motorized wheelchair at walmart...

EDIT:
NOT AGAIN. If loudmouth idiotic fatasses reduce the food in this country to tofu and carrots I'm seriously going to go postal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07-17-2004 1:09PM 

Source: Somewhere
Personal responsibility has gone the way of the dodo bird. Just look at the court system and you can see all the pointless lawsuits by people who are just too stupid to have any common sense. Take the case of the woman a couple years ago suing McDonald's for not say that the coffee served to her was "hot". She one over 2 mil in that case. But atleast Congress is in the process of passing a law making it impossible to sue a fast-food place for making you obese. And I agree if it is a disease then it must be epidemic from all the fat people around. And if it is an epidemic disease then they should be quarantined, that way I don't have eat like a damn rabbit. But because it is a damn disease then they can go on dissability PLUS gain money from insurance companies to become thin. What a bunch of crap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07-17-2004 9:58PM 
Brigadier General

Has anyone considered that treating obesity may be cheaper than treating all the ugly stuff that it causes?

Additionally, how many employer health insurance programs will get an employee help for drug or alcohol addiction? Mine does. We even have signs at work detailing how to get help for those problems.

How many will help an employee with "food addiction"? (which is how I've heard obesity described by someone who is obese) My office doesn't have signs for that. And according to my benefits description, support for obesity appears to not be as strong as for drug/alcohol abuse.

Now, do I think that people should be able to sue McDonalds, et al, for obesity problems? No[1]. That only benefits lawyers. Civil tort lawyers need to be curtailed.

[1]Unless McDonald's (et. al) specifically marketed a particular product as healthy when it's clear they knew it wasn't. Case in point, their new "healthy living" salads, which are huge, don't have many vegetables, and are often drowned in ranch dressing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 07-17-2004 10:27PM 
Colonel

Speaking of tort lawyers, how bout that crazy John Edwards character? He made his $90 million as a lawyer for cases like this. I wonder what his stance on this issue will be... And if John Kerry will agree. I'm completely against tort law, and if Kerry voices support for this ridiculous obesity-disease crap it will give me one more thing to dislike about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 07-19-2004 10:41AM 
"para-dime"

Source: VPN
Hahahahahah, i can imagine it now. McDonald's employees are given similar responsibilities to bartenders to prevent lawsuits.

"No... it looks like you've had enough BigMacs for today buddy.... let me call someone to drive you home."

That'll be a great day.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 07-19-2004 10:53AM 
Colonel

No hot dogs served after the middle of the 7th inning! Can't have any fans getting fat around the children...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 07-19-2004 5:53PM 
Penis Hater

Anonymous wrote:
Take the case of the woman a couple years ago suing McDonald's for not say that the coffee served to her was "hot".

Just to let you know, that coffee that she spilled gave her 3rd degree burns. I'm not saying that she's not stupid, just informing the public, cuz most people don't know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 07-20-2004 1:21PM 
Sergeant

Source: VPN
ahhh screw them... Im sick and tired of everyone in this country getting a free government handout..... just blow it up and start over......