Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 6:43AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

What is the best way for us to post frequent news updates?
Poll ended at Mon 08-02-2004 12:31PM
Seperate thread for each article (for ease of discussion) 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Post several articles per thread (preferrably related) 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Post all of your articles in one thread (and start discussions in new threads as needed) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't clutter up the forum with this crap 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
I don't care 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Good News from Afghanistan
PostPosted: Mon 07-26-2004 12:31PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Off Campus
Along the lines of the post I made last week, here is some more good news about our work overseas, this time in Afghanistan -- http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005398. It's important to remember that the U.S. isn't just sending it's young men and women overseas to suck sand and die. Good stuff does happen, even if CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS, the N.Y. Times, and all the networks neglect to mention it in leiu of "more exciting" (even though we're already tired of it) body counts and hostage situations. In some ways these things are oversaturating the media, and I see some parallels between this oversaturation and the overcoverage of the Laci Peterson, Kobe, and Martha Stewart trials.

I'm going to try to post things I find important, factual, and undercovered on the seek forums so that you all might get some actual information (we get plenty of rhetoric from political commercials) come November. If my posts bother you (I think they're pretty innocuous), feel free to flame to your heart's desire (or even better, post articles with new information that we might all be enlightened instead of enraged). Hopefully, I won't be the only one posting these sort of items.

I'm adding a poll to this thread about how you all might want me to go about posting. I really don't want to bother you, and if no one cares, I guess I can keep this stuff to myself. I was just hoping there might be an actual sharing of information on this forum.

Profile E-mail