Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 2:20AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need help setting up exchange server
PostPosted: Tue 10-16-2007 12:00PM 
Captain

Source: VPN
If anyone can help me get this working correctly, Ill give them $20.

I am trying to set up my exchange 2007 mail server but I am having some problems.

I currently have a network from Fidelity with ip addresses(216.229.88.177-182)

I am able to send and receive mail internally on my domain but I am not able to send/receive mail externally from the internet.

I have a recieve connector set to receive all incoming mail requests on port 587 and a send connector set to send mail on port 25.
The mail server is set up to handle mail on the intlquote.com domain.
The Intlquote.com domain name resolves to my two DNS machines: catapult-web.intlquote.com(216.229.88.179) and nameserver.intlquote.com(216.229.88.178). Each of these DNS machines have an MX record for my mail server at mail.intlquote.com(216.229.88.179)

Can anyone help me out at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-16-2007 12:14PM 
Colonel

Source: CompSci Building
I believe Fidelity requires you to send all mail through their mail server in order to keep spammers off their network. When my fiancee comes in town she can't access her email via outlook (without setting up Fidelity as her mail server) - she has to use webmail.

My guess is there is probably some setting in MS Exchange that lets you choose another mail server to send mail through, but I'm not experienced with Exchange server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-16-2007 12:55PM 
Major General

Source: VPN
ElPupitre wrote:
I believe Fidelity requires you to send all mail through their mail server in order to keep spammers off their network. When my fiancee comes in town she can't access her email via outlook (without setting up Fidelity as her mail server) - she has to use webmail.

My guess is there is probably some setting in MS Exchange that lets you choose another mail server to send mail through, but I'm not experienced with Exchange server.

Easy way around that...just us a different port for the SMTP server. They only block it on port 25. I'm using UMR's SMTP server just fine because it's on another port. 993 I think. But any other port (well, maybe except 80 and the other common server ones) will work