Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 5:19AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Anybody got an Office 2003 Standard iso/cd?
PostPosted: Wed 07-30-2008 12:42PM 
Colonel

Source: Off Campus
Yup, I'm looking for an Office 2003 Standard image, CD or a torrent link. I'm trying to help out a neighbor and they can't seem to find theirs, but I was able to find their serial so that we can re-install it. If you've got a CD and don't want to make it into an image, hopefully you're in St. Louis somewhere.

So far I haven't had much luck finding one on any torrent sites (always pro) and even the one that I did find turned out to be pro as well.

Thanks

Last edited by modernmystic on Thu 07-31-2008 2:53PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Anybody got an Office 2003 Standard iso/cd?
PostPosted: Wed 07-30-2008 1:21PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

That's called piracy and is illegal.

PostPosted: Wed 07-30-2008 3:23PM 
bertowned
bertowned

ben laden wrote:
That's called piracy and is illegal.

+1

clicky this forum is for computer help, not "my 'neighbor' was dumb and 'lost' his something, please help me find it". My advice is to buy a nice CD binder so that when he manages to find his lost CD, he can put it with all the other important discs.

PostPosted: Wed 07-30-2008 3:46PM 
Drowning

I'm pretty sure microsofts newgroup hosts the ISOs if you have a legit serial I would steer clear of torrents to avoid inadvertant illegal activity

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 07-30-2008 8:36PM 
Colonel

Here's the deal, if I were looking to pirate something, why in the world would I be looking for the most obscure edition of an outdated version of a useless program?

Make sense? Didn't think so. Think before you type.

As for lostboyz, thanks. I didn't know that MS hosted the isos anywhere. I looked for them, but couldn't find any hint of them. And yes, I'd rather steer clear of torrents for this, but if that's the only option (all that I knew of), then I'm going to try it rather than admit defeat so easily.

peace

Edit: after looking through the newsgroups, I can't seem to find any trance of them. Any idea where they might be?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 8:54AM 
bertowned
bertowned

modernmystic wrote:
Here's the deal, if I were looking to pirate something, why in the world would I be looking for the most obscure edition of an outdated version of a useless program?

People do all sorts of stupid things, so your needs don't have to make sense to much - we just told you that helping you would be illegal. You'll have to look somewhere else on the internet. If you legitimately have a (valid) serial contact microsoft, perhaps they can help you. Its copyrighted material so we can't help you.

And since we've apparently started the bashing. I'd like to point out that Office 2007 sucks, and Office 2003 (the preceding version) does not (by comparison). So some people do have a real desire to steal software, even if it is obscure and outdated. So perhaps you should think before you type, and ask others to break the law with you.

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 12:15PM 
Captain

Source: RC I
I’m just wondering how this shell of a formally great file sharing system aka piracy got turned into a place where people are worried about doing something that is vaguely illegal.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 2:05PM 
Brigadier General

mwsgh6 wrote:
I’m just wondering how this shell of a formally great file sharing system aka piracy got turned into a place where people are worried about doing something that is vaguely illegal.

Easy. University and friends take the site down every time that piracy appears on this forum. And given that one of the more active users is Karl Lutzen himself, we really don't fuck around on this issue anymore. If you actually got to know the site and it's admins (I'd recommend personal meetings or IRC), then you may realize that the forums have evolved past piracy tutorials and fileshare locations, and on to bigger and better things.

Before you flame me back, I highly recommend that you think about what you're saying before you say it.

I should get paid for this shit...

Someone please tell me to do my homework.

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 2:53PM 
Colonel

Never said that 2007 was better than 2003, just outdated, but still Standard versus Pro? Either way, it turned out that they actually did have pro, which solved the problem. Also, MS doesn't host the isos anywhere online that I can find and to reorder a disc (not serial) it's $30 and a long waiting period. And MS would rather give the software out to tempt people and then charge for the licensing to use it, which we already had. The isos themselves are not illegal to obtain, just if you use them with an illegal serial key, which we did not.

And finally, I know a lot of the admins and a few of the powers that be behind all this and respect them. So I wouldn't try to undermine their efforts in providing their own time and effort by breaking the rules. This really was for a legit purpose so as much as I appreciate the enforcement, please stop jumping the gun. I actually was just trying to find the best way to quickly get another copy for a neighbor to help them out. Some people really are just trying to help out. That's all.

peace

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 4:53PM 
Drowning

sorry about the suggestion I only briefly browsed their groups and thought I saw them. I thought people would have more faith in a veteran member here.

Glad to see it resolved

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 6:37PM 
Colonel

Thanks again LostBoyz. I really do appreciate your help. I love to learn those little tricks that make the difference and that seemed like a good place to hide one. Unfortunately this one didn't turn up, but please keep up the good work.

peace

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 8:50PM 
Major

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
modernmystic wrote:

As for using Office, I'm sorry for that ahead of time. Even so, I use Office 2002 (Office XP). I have tried the newest Office, 2007 I believe. I would much rather use 2002 over 2007. Personally, I believe that Microsoft made 2007 look nice over increasing functionality. Something that would have been easy to find/do on 2002 took me like 10-15 min. to find in 2007. I feel the older versions were much easier to use and the newer versions didn't add enough features to make it worth using.

-6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Ram
-eVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB Video Card
-Razer Barracuda 7.1 Sound Card
-8 HD's totaling 5820GB Storage
-Corsair 1000HX 1000W PSU

PostPosted: Thu 07-31-2008 10:58PM 
Colonel

Kingkoopa wrote:
As for using Office, I'm sorry for that ahead of time. Even so, I use Office 2002 (Office XP). I have tried the newest Office, 2007 I believe. I would much rather use 2002 over 2007. Personally, I believe that Microsoft made 2007 look nice over increasing functionality. Something that would have been easy to find/do on 2002 took me like 10-15 min. to find in 2007. I feel the older versions were much easier to use and the newer versions didn't add enough features to make it worth using.

Very true. 2002 and 2003 were much more functional. Except maybe Outlook, it actually had a quite a few improvements. Hopefully 2008 will combine the best of 03 and 07. Though in the mean time, I'm still going to keep using OpenOffice. Anyone tried the beta of v3 yet? I think that I'll have to get that soon.

peace

PostPosted: Sun 08-03-2008 1:07AM 
Major General

I haven't made the transition to 2k7 yet, but I'm pretty sure it's easier to find things once you get used to the sorting methodology. That's what I've heard from inositle and benm at least.

PostPosted: Sun 08-03-2008 10:47AM 
post whore
post whore

The ribbon interface grew on me - now when I use old office I'm confused. The big gains in 2k7 as far as functionality goes are the meta-stuff of word (the table of contents, bibiliography, etc) actually works well, and excel has new chart stuff. I like.