Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 3:31PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: <3 Real Internets
PostPosted: Fri 03-06-2009 11:49PM 
Colonel

Source: Fidelity
I started with an HP Pavilion 4530 with a K6-2 450mhz, 384mb (maxed), and I believe a 4gb and a 6 or 8gb HDD when I came to college, and have worked my way from there while enjoying the entire experience. Quit bitching. If you don't like it, don't bash the people that are trying to help by getting you a easily workable computer and do something about it, but at least be humble that you have people in your life that care enough to try.

And was that whole post suppose to impress someone here to boost your ego? Look, if you're a freshman (as your join date suggests), I get that you're still getting confident with your new spot at college, but try to have at least a little humility while you do it. And if you're not, then I've got nothing.

Sorry amd2800barton, I had to get that out, but I'm done now.

peace

Last edited by modernmystic on Sat 03-07-2009 10:46AM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 03-07-2009 1:12AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: Off Campus
modernmystic wrote:
Sorry amd2800barton, I had to get that out, but I'm done now.

Uh what? I think you mean AMDphreak.

PostPosted: Sat 03-07-2009 1:55AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

so... you guys related? :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 03-07-2009 10:45AM 
Colonel

amd2800barton wrote:

No, I meant sorry amd2800barton that I continued the already-too-off-topic conversation that you mentioned about. I'm not sorry to AMDphreak.

And if the related question was referred to me, then no. I'm not related to anyone on this thread (or this forum as far as I know).

peace

PostPosted: Sun 03-08-2009 1:30AM 
Lieutenant General

Location: Oklahoma! Where the wind comes sweeping down the p l a i n s !

modernmystic wrote:
amd2800barton wrote:

No, I meant sorry amd2800barton that I continued the already-too-off-topic conversation that you mentioned about. I'm not sorry to AMDphreak.

And if the related question was referred to me, then no. I'm not related to anyone on this thread (or this forum as far as I know).

peace

What the hell? No! That wouldn't even make sense if my rhetorical question of jest was directed at you. AMDphreak, amd2800barton, see the correlation? It was meant to be funny, especially since there now exists a poll to ban AMDphreak, but you killed it, sir. You killed it, dead. please don't beat this now-dead horse any further.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun 03-08-2009 1:32AM 
Colonel

...butbutbut...ahhhhhh fine.
(but now you see my confusion :roll: )

PostPosted: Mon 03-23-2009 11:37PM 
Banned by Chankster!!!!
Banned by Chankster!!!!

blitzvergnugen wrote:
Wow. Sounds like you're more of the "Total Dick" than your dad is. I'm assuming he gave you that computer if you haven't bought one of your own. So quit your whiny ass bitching about it. Be glad you had a computer. If a fast computer is that important to you get a fucking job and buy one. It's not that hard to go through HS and still work. It's what I did and I had a nice computer when I came to school.

A mental handicap I've had since birth* cursed me to be ever so slow at doing my homework. The mental handicap is called an Auditory Processing Deficiency (it is in the family of speech disorders called the Central Auditory Processing Disorders). In high-school I had no time to get a job, and when I finally tried in 11th grade, all the stupid stores didn't hire me...and the one computer-repair store I applied to gave me some mumbo-jumbo about getting a license.
I also tried to start my own business photographing models. That fell through, because Physics killed my free-time...and because I didn't know how to talk to girls. It's social anxiety, which was a primary trait of my OCD.
I am also a year younger than the average age for my grade. I was 17 going into college. Now, try and tell me it was "not that hard" to get a job. I couldn't be hired until some time into 11th grade, then school took all my time away. I went to an EXTREMELY competitive school in Memphis, TN, called White Station High School. I came into college with 22 credit hours. I know some people who graduated high school with 6.0 GPAs. If you want to know where those guys went to school, it's to a place where the average student has the same type of humor I do/did. I was supposed to go to MIT, given my genius, however my mental handicaps lowered the obviousness and effectuality of my intelligence.

*I'm not sure if it was since birth. It may have been caused by innoculation shots I received as an infant, since they were preserved with mercury. I have always been super-reactive to impurities in foods and medicine, so I think that heavy-metal poisoning is the most likely reason for this medical problem in me.

visit my deviantART page for humor and one more step toward insanity.

Also, take a look at Cairo: Shell Alternative for Windows Vista and 7-Beta

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 12:15AM 
post whore
post whore

AMDphreak wrote:
I couldn't be hired until some time into 11th grade, then school took all my time away. I went to an EXTREMELY competitive school in Memphis, TN, called White Station High School. I came into college with 22 credit hours. I know some people who graduated high school with 6.0 GPAs. If you want to know where those guys went to school, it's to a place where the average student has the same type of humor I do/did. I was supposed to go to MIT, given my genius, however my mental handicaps lowered the obviousness and effectuality of my intelligence.

Ok, for starters... Weighted GPA means nothing. It is probably a useful measure of comparison within that school only - when you hit the real world, it's much more relevant to reference an unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale and class ranks associated with "high" GPA's.

Second, I went to a public school (don't know if this White Station is public or not). I came here with 20ish credits. None of the credits I came with were from dual enrolling classes; all of my credit was from IB/AP tests. I only took advanced classes and I got the IB diploma. inositle went through everything I went through. Blitz went to the same school. Anyways, the niche of people in advanced classes was very competitive. I spent more time studying and doing HW in my last 2 years of high school than I have probably done during my entire 4 years here. On top of that, I was working 20 hours a week. So I don't want to hear how hard your high school was, and how it was so hard that you were incapable of having a job because of it. What you were incapable of was time management.

So were you accepted to MIT? No? Then you weren't supposed to go there. Were you accepted anywhere better than here? No? Then I guess you're with a bunch of people exactly like you.

I got bored, the end.

Edit: Added your accomplishment to the Wikipedia page

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 12:34AM 
Major General

Don't even try to fucking tell me you couldn't get a job. I worked at HyVee where they have programs to hire truly mentally handicapped people, not to mention the regular "retards" that also manage to get a job. I worked alongside at least 2 people with down-syndrome. I'm 100% sure you could have gotten a job somewhere, you just weren't willing to look hard enough.

Judging from all your posts, it sounds like you have narcissistic personality disorder rather than Auditory Processing Deficiency (which by the way, House* said was just another way of calling someone stupid).

*And we all know that House is a real doctor, and that Hugh Laurie has a mic in his ear when filming episodes.

Irregardless, you quoted me and then said absolutely nothing about being a total dick. But you didn't really have to did you. You kinda just let the context of your post(s) speak for itself.

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 12:01PM 
Drowning

Irregardless isnt a word

On topic, who cares I can't really see what being so competitive gets you. Unless you are the extreme top then you are just an average person who never had any fun. I did average in high school, I am doing average in college. Though I have been working since I was 10 (paper route). I have a ton of great friends and even more wonderful memories. I am going to get a job and do that whole thing. Whats the point at trying to be the best at everything when you dont enjoy a second of it?

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 12:18PM 
Major General

Wikipedia wrote:
Irregardless is a term meaning in spite of or anyway, that has caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. It is generally listed in dictionaries as "incorrect" or "nonstandard".

I think that if DVR, RPG, and ginormous can make it into the dictionary then it's probably time to add "Irregardless." Especially since it's been around for 40 more years than RPG. Irregardless of the intrinsic faults of the of the word itself.

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 2:23PM 
Drowning

if it actually meant something else then maybe but it IS just an overly misused "word"

it is an admission of the retardation of soceity

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 3:33PM 
post whore
post whore

LostBoyz wrote:
if it actually meant something else then maybe but it IS just an overly misused "word"

it is an admission of the retardation of soceity

To be fair, language is a living thing that changes over time.

PostPosted: Tue 03-24-2009 8:01PM 
Drowning

I realize that but when someone dosent know the proper use of 'regardless' they need not add a prefix to it to mean the same exact thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 03-25-2009 12:44PM 
awesome yet humble

I liked this thread better when people were calling AMDphreak a total dick and not arguing over proper language.

And then, the monkey died.