Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 6:00AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-01-2005 11:00PM 
Brigadier General

Source: TJ North
ShadowCat38 wrote:
jkpq45 wrote:
tambora wrote:
...but if you're in a dorm...

Residence hall. We don't have "dorms" or "dormitories" on this campus; we have residence halls. UMKC has dorms--they are simply a place that provides a bed and a key, whereas UMR provides programming, social activities, opportunities for leadership, and the like in our residence halls.

Thanks,
jkpq45

This is an excellent example of enforced political correctness, one of the many illnesses plaguing this nation. I say dorms, and will always say dorms. No amount of your bitching is going to change my mind, so stop being a fascist.

i just hope to GOD he was being sarcastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-02-2005 1:28AM 
"para-dime"

Source: Off Campus
jkpq45 wrote:
tambora wrote:
...but if you're in a dorm...

Residence hall. We don't have "dorms" or "dormitories" on this campus; we have residence halls. UMKC has dorms--they are simply a place that provides a bed and a key, whereas UMR provides programming, social activities, opportunities for leadership, and the like in our residence halls.

Thanks,
jkpq45

Nominee for tool of the universe award. Anyone who spouts that managerial bullshit that the administration passes out needs to take a step back and think. Next you're going to tell us the cafeteria is really a "dining area" because Chartwells provides a "complete, balanced and optioned meal"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-02-2005 3:43AM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Source: Christian Campus House
But it is.

</sarcasm>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-03-2005 11:11AM 
Brigadier General

Source: VPN
For several years now, I have graced these pathetic message boards with my divine presence and have sprinkled the rich golden glitter of genius upon the heads of the unenlightened lumpenproletariat. All this I have done in earnest and for free in the hope of the amelioration of mankind, and yet, my genius has gone unnoticed by the greater part of those most in need of it. Rarely, if ever, have my precepts been quoted, debated, or ruminated over as they should justly be. These pearls of eternal knowledge have rolled into the mire of cyberspace and found only perdition under the ever-heightening pile of electronic excrement and philosophical refuse disseminated by mediocre minds.

However, when I say "dorms," we sure as hell had better reply for a whole page about whether they're dorms or residence halls. Holy shit. If only the truths I've spoken on abortion, racism, the origin of mankind, life, the universe, and everything, got such a debate going.

But no, just "dorms."

By the way:
dormitory = dirty room
residence hall = cleanlier shed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-03-2005 3:10PM 
Brigadier General

tambora wrote:
For several years now, I have graced these pathetic message boards with my divine presence and have sprinkled the rich golden glitter of genius upon the heads of the unenlightened lumpenproletariat. All this I have done in earnest and for free in the hope of the amelioration of mankind, and yet, my genius has gone unnoticed by the greater part of those most in need of it. Rarely, if ever, have my precepts been quoted, debated, or ruminated over as they should justly be. These pearls of eternal knowledge have rolled into the mire of cyberspace and found only perdition under the ever-heightening pile of electronic excrement and philosophical refuse disseminated by mediocre minds.

However, when I say "dorms," we sure as hell had better reply for a whole page about whether they're dorms or residence halls. Holy shit. If only the truths I've spoken on abortion, racism, the origin of mankind, life, the universe, and everything, got such a debate going.

But no, just "dorms."

By the way:
dormitory = dirty room
residence hall = cleanlier shed

you do realize this is a "Find Prime Nubers" thread, not a debate thread. start a "Debate with Tambora" thread and im sure you'll have a grand time. shit, id love to have a well thought-out debate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 09-03-2005 11:33PM 
Brigadier General

atm314 wrote:
you do realize this is a "Find Prime Nubers" thread

...and I think I just found one, you PRIME N00B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09-04-2005 12:21AM 
Brigadier General

well arent you a clever bastard. glad to know the proponents for an actual debate are so intellegent with such well-reasoned opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-14-2005 10:10PM 
Brigadier General

I'm a proponent of insulting puns that play on the double-meanings of words. I like to call them "add homonym" attacks.
Okay, just kidding.

Since this thread seems to be important again, given the emergence of the SETI thread, I'll go ahead and lend it a bump. So what if folding does more for society? Prime numbers are cooler!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 09-14-2005 10:27PM 
"para-dime"

New 17OB member > Aceiks

Currently cranking at 1.5McEMs/s

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-22-2005 4:21PM 
Captain

I love it when Max uses his expensive words... the kind that really piss off scrabble players.

Next time I'm in town, we need a badass scrabble game...
I'll lead kwyjibo.

By the way... crawling up the standings with 1.41M cEMs/sec, and I've done 147G cEMs in less than a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09-22-2005 10:51PM 
Brigadier General

sparkyumr98 wrote:
Next time I'm in town, we need a badass scrabble game...
I'll lead kwyjibo.

And I will immediately challenge.

By the way, you showed up to marching band the other day but never said hi to me. What happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-23-2005 7:27PM 
Colonel

AMD64 3200 on the job

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 09-30-2005 9:37PM 
Captain

Source: TJ South
In 7.4 days 1.08 T cEMs at 4.30 M cEMs/sec.

Running a P4 at 3.0 GHz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 10-01-2005 10:58PM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
i'll think about it, anybody have an idea how much extra power you are pulling on the amd systems when you run 24/7? also, does the video cards processing power actually affect scores any, or does it just make it look purdy?

If i do i'll have:
64 3000+ @ at least 3Ghz (a story for another thread)
x800pro
1gb 550mhz 5,3,3,2.5

dual mp 2200 (together these guys crunch numbers like crazy go nuts)
fx 5900
1gb registered ecc (turned that shitty feature off)

and maybe but probably not, a duron 850 with a TNT2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 12-06-2005 2:26PM 
Brigadier General

I thought it might be time to check back in and give this thread a bump. It's been nearly a year since team UMR was formed, and in all that time, we've amassed 73 members! Bravo, but since it seems that only 9 of you were actually crunching numbers yesterday, we're falling way back down in the standings. All of you who once downloaded this program, turn it back on! You don't want to lose to Bulgaria, do you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next