Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:51PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Heroes
PostPosted: Mon 12-08-2008 8:28PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Wow. I'm gonna go ahead and call this episode to be better than everything that has come before it this season.

[spoiler="Spoilers: Click to Reveal"]Good to see old Sylar back.
Though the endless time travel story lines are annoying, this one w/ Claire and Hiro is genuinely refreshing. It seems like it will make sense in the end. I hope I'm right.[/spoiler]

Since it's a recently implemented feature, I'll give a refresher/intro to the spoiler tag:

Code:
To use it generically:
[spoiler] spoilers here [/spoiler]

Or if you'd like to get specific:
[spoiler=Title] spoilers here [/spoiler]

Ex:
[spoiler]Basic[/spoiler]
[spoiler=More Fun]Yay[/spoiler]

Post subject: Re: Heroes
PostPosted: Mon 12-08-2008 9:02PM 
Drowning

Source: EE Building
going to watch it later, thanks for using spoiler tag

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 3:33AM 
bertowned
bertowned

Source: Off Campus
is it worth actually getting back into heroes for this episode?

I watched the entire first season in about 2 days before season 2 (which was really a piece of shit) premiered, then watched the second season. Two episodes into this season i decided to not waste another season or 1/2 season of my life with the same crap from S2.

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 1:02PM 
Drowning

i dont see anything special about it, normal blah episode

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 2:35PM 
Brigadier General

I actually thought that it was one of the best episodes ever but I'm really getting annoyed with Heroes inability to actually kill characters off or remove season 2's Stench.

[spoiler=Random Rant w/ Heroes plot]Between Healing abilities, Mirages and telepathy you really second guess every little thing that ever happens in this show.

Season 2 was absolutely horrible, the plot stank and the things that happen at the beginning of Season 3 are pretty far fetched. The whole plotline with Mohinder (doctor) was as believable as Heroes constant World-Will-End plotlines. Wish they'd tone down the whole drama factor and focus on the characters interactions.

Then to top it off, the most likeable character from season 1, Peter, is a total tool now. He hasn't done a single thing since Season 1 where he nearly fucked everyone up. Season 2 he spent half the time as a mindless idiot and season 3 he's a neutered cat w/ no use. He whines, he bitches and he never shuts up.

Overall, we need a good old fashioned Sylar vs Peter fight to the semi-death![/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 2:55PM 
Major General

Brian Fuller, the guy behind Pushing Daisies and helped co-write the first season, has signed on to help produce/write the 2nd half of the third season. I'm really, really hoping that he can bring Heroes back. I will say that it seems like Kring and NBC are really listening to what the viewers want. I've read a few posts/rants about the direction of the 3rd season and they really seem to fix a few of the issues each time. Might just be coincidence.

Worseley wrote:
I actually thought that it was one of the best episodes ever but I'm really getting annoyed with Heroes inability to actually kill characters off or remove season 2's Stench.

[spoiler=Random Rant w/ Heroes plot]Between Healing abilities, Mirages and telepathy you really second guess every little thing that ever happens in this show.

Season 2 was absolutely horrible, the plot stank and the things that happen at the beginning of Season 3 are pretty far fetched. The whole plotline with Mohinder (doctor) was as believable as Heroes constant World-Will-End plotlines. Wish they'd tone down the whole drama factor and focus on the characters interactions.

Then to top it off, the most likeable character from season 1, Peter, is a total tool now. He hasn't done a single thing since Season 1 where he nearly fucked everyone up. Season 2 he spent half the time as a mindless idiot and season 3 he's a neutered cat w/ no use. He whines, he bitches and he never shuts up.

Overall, we need a good old fashioned Sylar vs Peter fight to the semi-death![/spoiler]

[spoiler]I wouldn't put it above the travel into the future Peter/Sylar almost battle of season 1(or was it 2?) but it was close.

I partially agree though w/ the Peter thing. I actually enjoyed the "mindless idiot" phase. I keep wanting him to get his powers back, I thought that w/ Arthur dead he would get them back.. Then I also thought that Peter might absorb the light/catalyst when it leaked out.. I also wish that when he gets them back he starts to act more like future Peter. He's always in command and supremely confident when he's from the future. Almost to a Sylar degree.. In the present he's such a pussy. Never sure about using his powers.

It is nice to see the powers being used more often now. Before it was rare you'd see more than one character (besides parkman and he doesn't count. Squinting is not a special effect).[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 9:26PM 
awesome yet humble

i'm kind of surprises this thread popped up. i thought most of ya'll didn't like heroes.

just watched the new one a little bit ago. i thought it was a little better than past episodes, but nothin to write home about, so to speak

[spoiler=personal thoughts]I agree with you blitz, it's goot to see the old sylar back. i was kind of annoyed and bored with the "good" sylar...

also, peter def needs his powers back. he's a little bitch now.

any thoughts on the souped up marines? what is nathan going to do with them?

this is my theory: marines get out of hand since the power-serum has negative side effects, namely insanity. nathan can't control them, so peter says he wants an injection so he can fight them or something, like he's earned his powers back. nathan does the "oh no, i don't want my brother to be insane" speech but lets peter shoot up anyway. peter gets all his powers back and kicks marine ass.

as for hiro, i have no idea. he's screwed in my mind, but they'll figure a way to bring him back anyway[/spoiler]

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 11:13PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Holtman Hall
el_lorenzo wrote:
[spoiler=personal thoughts]I agree with you blitz, it's goot to see the old sylar back. i was kind of annoyed and bored with the "good" sylar...

this is my theory: marines get out of hand since the power-serum has negative side effects, namely insanity. nathan can't control them, so peter says he wants an injection so he can fight them or something, like he's earned his powers back. nathan does the "oh no, i don't want my brother to be insane" speech but lets peter shoot up anyway. peter gets all his powers back and kicks marine ass.

as for hiro, i have no idea. he's screwed in my mind, but they'll figure a way to bring him back anyway[/spoiler]

[spoiler=response to renzo's personal thoughts]Agreed on everything sans theory. I think Peter will get his original powers back as shown in multiple future representations. Yes, I know the future is always changing in this show, but the common theme has been Peter and his powers. Maybe the serum will do that, but I'm under the impression that they can't control exactly what powers are given so I don't know.

Thoughts on Hiro anyone?
What will happen to Sylar?[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue 12-09-2008 11:44PM 
Major General

[spoiler=response to berto]I agree with the you on Peter getting his powers back. I really think it will have something to do with the Catalyst. Peter's always been in the kinda empathic/responsible position.. The "light" just seems to make perfect sense to be with Peter. That and he was the closest person to Arthur when the light left him.

As for Hiro, I'm not sure. It might be Peter that has to save him. Pretty sure that the one of the serum soldiers will save Hiro angle is bunk. I def hope that Ando doesn't get powers. I really disliked the "ppl w/ powers in the future" vision. Or they could take the superman angle and Daphne could run super fast against the rotation of the earth and go back in time. Of course, with heroes it will probably end up being that a new hero comes along to save Hiro.

Maybe it will be Sylar that gets the Catalyst. That could be extremely interesting. I could see them taking the "sylar understands how the powers work" angle and then sylar can give powers. Of course.. if he were in that position, it would probably be a signal that he's having a mommy-issues/good boy attack..[/spoiler]
that's enough for now.. I was just ranting and delaying studying.

PostPosted: Wed 12-10-2008 9:16AM 
Major

berto wrote:
el_lorenzo wrote:

[spoiler=response to renzo's personal thoughts]Agreed on everything sans theory. I think Peter will get his original powers back as shown in multiple future representations. Yes, I know the future is always changing in this show, but the common theme has been Peter and his powers. Maybe the serum will do that, but I'm under the impression that they can't control exactly what powers are given so I don't know.

Thoughts on Hiro anyone?

[spoiler]They had better do something to get Hiro's powers back. Hiro is the best reason to watch the show. The episode was a reminder that Sylar does villain-ing very well. He should stick to that. However, he still doesn't have his priorities straight. If I was on top of a half-naked Kristen Bell, the first though in my mind wouldn't be "BRAINS!"[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 12-10-2008 10:00AM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: Somewhere On Campus
SFX wrote:
berto wrote:
el_lorenzo wrote:

Thoughts on Hiro anyone?

[spoiler]They had better do something to get Hiro's powers back. Hiro is the best reason to watch the show. The episode was a reminder that Sylar does villain-ing very well. He should stick to that. However, he still doesn't have his priorities straight. If I was on top of a half-naked Kristen Bell, the first though in my mind wouldn't be "BRAINS!"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I am still holding out for a Peter/Sylar super-to-the-death-I-am-more-awesome-than-you fight. So my predictions are, Peter gets his powers back next week, it will be his original "I can steal your powers" power nothing else. And the marines will go bat shit crazy. This will lead up to a massive battle at the end with Sylar+Marines+Villians vs. Peter+Heroes.
[spoiler]Don't kill my dream :([/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 12-10-2008 12:23PM 
Brigadier General

[spoiler]I'm going to predict that Nathan is going to make a choice and remain in control over Pinehearst. He'll have some stupid reason, like for the betterment of mankind or to stop Sylar but in the end him and Peter will go separate ways. Peter will get his powers back and start acting all badass and we'll have a 3-way battle between Peter/Sylar/Nathan next season where it will be about these new power users and some stupid take over the world plot.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 12-10-2008 3:46PM 
Drowning

Im going to assume everyone has seen it by now

all we have is an ever changing future and a cycling character development

that whole bit with hiro to go back to where noah got claire was dumb. No point to that at all, could at least wait till they got back to the present before arthur took his powers again. It felt like the entire tangent was just to kill time. The only new thing was knowing where the catalyst came from which couldve been done from a much shorter method.

this show sucks. there is no plot line, all character development is up in the air. Go back to the first season and compare the two

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 12-10-2008 4:27PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

I agree, the whole show has gone so downhill. There are no truly remarkable episodes, there are just episodes with some pretty cool parts and really dumb parts put together.

PostPosted: Wed 12-10-2008 5:12PM 
Major General

I agree that it's lost a lot since the first season. I remember that from the premier until the winter break at the "To be Continued..." each episode kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more and each commercial break was almost torture. I haven't felt like that since the end of the 1st season, but I still hope they can bring it back to that. I have a lot of faith in this Bryan Fuller guy. Pushing Daisies is an awesome show, and while I'm sad to see it go, I'm even more excited for what he can do for Heroes.

Currently, Fringe has twinged bringing a similar type of excitement, like Heroes season 1, but with a slower more methodical pace.