It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 2:52AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Heroes
PostPosted: Mon 12-15-2008 11:33PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: Off Campus
fail

[spoiler]Lets evaluate where we got in this season, oh wait, we didn't really get much of anywhere. Very few people really died (and those who did "really die" will probably be back in the second half of the season). We spent most of the year dicking with a formula that is, oh wait for it....gone now. Although it is probably in Suresh's Head (or in him as I am of the opinion that he absorbed so much of the red koolaid that he has the glowy ability now), so we spent all season trying to get a formula only to see it go away, but it is probably hasn't gone away. Peter started this year with powers, lost them for most of the season, got them back (or will as soon as he meets up with Sylar). Which leads into my next point, Sylar started out being the bad guy you know, doing what Sylar does, then we spent a pretty good bit of time feeling like he was the good guy....but wait....he isn't the good guy he really is just sylar that is a bad mofo. You think he is dead now, but Sylar won't die. Hiro doesn't have his powers anymore and was a 10 year old for most of the season, but that is acceptable. Lets be honest here Hiro is just for comedic relief. Ando now has a "power enhancer" power, the COULD do fun things with that, but they probably won't. Arthur Petrelli started the season believed dead, lived for awhile, got alot of rad powers, then died. He will be back I am sure. Suresh had a decent ark I would say other than the fact that he went from "ZOMG GET THOSE POWERS OUT OF HERE!!!" to "I CAN HAS POWERS????" in less time than it takes me to take a piss in the morning. Matt and Daphne, I kind of dig their storyline actually, sadly they have been too busy dicking with Hiro and Ando to actually get into the real action, but that is okay.

But perhaps I am wrong, maybe I missed something that was big, I don't know.

But that's just how I feel about it, what do you think?[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue 12-16-2008 12:56AM 
Drowning

Source: Off Campus
[spoiler]worst season ever, nothing happened at all[/spoiler]

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 12-16-2008 5:34PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Fidelity
[spoiler]The entire thing is horrible? Who the hell even thinks that things are flowing well story wise on the show? We could have made one hell of a better story arc then this crap.

Everything that happened so far this season has been erased... Arthur Petrilli would have been a great badguy, powerful, controlling and a planner. Now look at what we have? Sylar who makes no plans, Nathan who is a naggy lame badguy (who we all know will see the light later) and possibly the doctor?

They killed off the guy from last season who could heal and to make EVERYTHING worse. We all know that Matt's father, the guy with the mind thing wasn't even shown. So really, what we saw wasn't even what happened. Arthur is alive, Shit hasn't changed and everything will just start backup again to this same plotline another 10-20 episodes again because the "Light" was never lost, Arthur never died... Fucked up show.

They broke it and I doubt it's fixable.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 11:44AM 
Brigadier General

[spoiler]Looks like they finally have some plot started for Peter/Sylar but I just cant shake the feeling that this is where I expected things to go after Season 1 or 2. So we find out that peter is now a physical sponge now, no surprise there but wouldn't you think peter would have grabbed a few powers b4 this all started? You know... just because it's human nature to have something?

I'm more convinced then ever now that Peter/Nathans dad is alive. Big fire... no body, psychic guy was missing and Nathan totally believing this crap. 100 bucks says he's been mindfucked by his dad and will once again see the light from peter. YAWN!!![/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 12:09PM 
Major General

Worseley wrote:
[spoiler]Looks like they finally have some plot started for Peter/Sylar but I just cant shake the feeling that this is where I expected things to go after Season 1 or 2. So we find out that peter is now a physical sponge now, no surprise there but wouldn't you think peter would have grabbed a few powers b4 this all started? You know... just because it's human nature to have something?

I'm more convinced then ever now that Peter/Nathans dad is alive. Big fire... no body, psychic guy was missing and Nathan totally believing this crap. 100 bucks says he's been mindfucked by his dad and will once again see the light from peter. YAWN!!![/spoiler]

[spoiler]So you think that Peter isn't a power empath anymore, but that he can get them through physical contact?[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 3:26PM 
Brigadier General

blitzvergnugen wrote:
Worseley wrote:

[spoiler]So you think that Peter isn't a power empath anymore, but that he can get them through physical contact?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah or we'll find out they tamed him down a bit superpower wise and he can only keep his powers a short time after physical contact... Rogue[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 4:02PM 
awesome yet humble

Worseley wrote:
[spoiler]Yeah or we'll find out they tamed him down a bit superpower wise and he can only keep his powers a short time after physical contact... Rogue[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I prefer this physical contact type of absorbtion rather than the "i'm near you so i can do what you do" sort of thing.

Also, comic book rogue started out having temporary powers, but then she met up with Ms Marvel or someone and she kept her powers for some reason (i don't remember/idk why). Maybe they're doing this sort of thing, but in reverse, where peter started out being able to keep the powers, but now they degenerate after a certain period of time.

On another note, it seems like they're trying to keep adding/subtracting villains and I don't really like that. I enjoy a little bit of fluidity when it comes to the bad guy, but here it seems like every week it's someone new.[/spoiler]

And then, the monkey died.

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 4:26PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

[spoiler]It appears Peter can only have one power at a time though. If you watch he takes Saresh's and is super strong while fighting the guy. Then he takes the Freezey ladies (whatever her name is) and he gets punched and acts like it knocked him alot more than he thought it would. Then when the side comes off I get the feeling that if he still had Saresh's super strength he would have no issues holding on.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 5:22PM 
Major General

Kamakazi wrote:
[spoiler]It appears Peter can only have one power at a time though. If you watch he takes Saresh's and is super strong while fighting the guy. Then he takes the Freezey ladies (whatever her name is) and he gets punched and acts like it knocked him alot more than he thought it would. Then when the side comes off I get the feeling that if he still had Saresh's super strength he would have no issues holding on.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I know Peter was a little too strong.. but if this is what's really happening, that's LAME. I enjoyed his ability to be on par w/ Sylar and his struggle with his conscience on using all his powers. Seemed like in all the past seasons, Current time Peter was always pretty restrained about using his powers.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 5:58PM 
Drowning

Source: University PD
whatever happened to his irish girlfriend that got left in one of the really old futures? does no one care about her?

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 02-04-2009 8:46PM 
Commakazi
Commakazi

Source: Somewhere On Campus
blitzvergnugen wrote:
Kamakazi wrote:

[spoiler]I know Peter was a little too strong.. but if this is what's really happening, that's LAME. I enjoyed his ability to be on par w/ Sylar and his struggle with his conscience on using all his powers. Seemed like in all the past seasons, Current time Peter was always pretty restrained about using his powers.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, it would kind of suck. Although it could add some interesting "which power do I want right now" moments for Peter, but knowing Heroes it will suck.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Mon 02-16-2009 7:28PM 
Lieutenant

Source: Tau Kappa Epsilon
[spoiler]I've actaully watched all 3 seasons straight through, and this season has me excited already.

1) The staff behind the show is changing. The guy who wrote Volumes 2 & 3 was the same jackass who recently wrote for the Spider-Man comic run called 'Brand New Day." Look it up on Wikipedia and know it the the stupidest shit ever. As somebody mentioned earlier the writer from the first season is back and he actually has a plan.

2) They have limited some of the powers that fuck shit up. Right now no one can time travel and Peter can only have one power at a time. Sylar is still too overpowered, but the sidekick kid they introduced in the second episode of the Volume could prove interesting. Too much power isn't interesting and tends to lead to major plot holes.

3) This plot line of people with powers being hunted by the government has worked great in X-men for a long time.

For me the moment in the episode "Trust & Blood" when Parkman took control of a soldiers' mind and shot a bunch of people was very telling. This could be a darker, more entertaining season of Heroes.[/spoiler]

Profile E-mail