* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri 03-29-2024 3:29AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 7:46PM 
Captain

Source: Off Campus
ben laden wrote:
You laugh at "the man" making you do stuff such as exercise, but some companies have mandatory exercise programs. Granted, it's much more common outside of the U.S.......for now, at least.

That's because people will be more productive if they do exercise. It's not me saying this...it's a study. What I do say is that whenI excersise for 3-4 months 3 times a week for 1 hour each time I can go with only 6 hours of sleep a day and feel OK. When I don't workout I can do around 7-8 and feel OK.

A lot of people think that what you ingest is what's wrong, but we are finding out more and more that the what quantity sometimes doesn't fit for certain people. The "How much" is ALWAYS the factor for everyone. When America eats 3-4 times the amount that you are suppposed to is when people with normal metabolisms can't process the food.

I wrestled for 5 years in high school and know a lot about weight gaining, wieght loosing, water weight, muscle weight, fat weight, and ingredients to help with all of these. This topic interested me because it's typical for people to blame either food quality or exercise quantity on "bad" weight gain. The real factor is how, when, what, and for what ultimate goal you are eating.

If you want to loose weight and not excerise too much (I suggest people do though) it's still VERY possible. Don't expect gains to be within a few weeks like typical commericals....it takes time. Ask me anything else you guys have questions about on weight gaining or loosing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 8:15PM 
Captain

Source: Fidelity
SteelbluesleepR wrote:
im sure Chartwells doesnt help our score in that respect (got cholesterol, carbs, and fat?) i have gained 7 pounds since the second week of school, but i am trying to loose at least 15 pounds and be able to run for a significant distance (like more than a quarter mile, lol). i arrived here 186 pounds and now i am 193. i really dont want to be 200 lbs and 5"9'. thats just not what im used to. my girlfriend is less than 100 lbs and 4"11', and i look like a disney world tourist next to her.

How inconsiderate of them to force the most unhealthy food they offer down your throat.

And for good measure, Yore = time(s) past

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 9:27PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Source: Physics
napoleon wrote:
ben laden wrote:
You laugh at "the man" making you do stuff such as exercise, but some companies have mandatory exercise programs. Granted, it's much more common outside of the U.S.......for now, at least.

That's because people will be more productive if they do exercise. It's not me saying this...it's a study. What I do say is that whenI excersise for 3-4 months 3 times a week for 1 hour each time I can go with only 6 hours of sleep a day and feel OK. When I don't workout I can do around 7-8 and feel OK.

They also do it because you don't have employees dropping dead from heart attacks at 40 and lower insurance costs from said employees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 9:30PM 
Captain

ben laden wrote:
They also do it because you don't have employees dropping dead from heart attacks at 40 and lower insurance costs from said employees.

Haha, yeah I guess that's an added benefit :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 9:58PM 
Colonel

Quote:

Your comparing apples to oranges. You pay your University, while a companies pays you. I would be pretty mad if UMR made their students excercise (even though I exercise often). A company, not so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 11:12PM 
Admiral Fgt of the SS Queer

Source: Kelly Hall
gil-galad wrote:
Quote:

Your comparing apples to oranges. You pay your University, while a companies pays you. I would be pretty mad if UMR made their students excercise (even though I exercise often). A company, not so much.

First off:
If I WAS comparing apples to oranges, I don't see what the problem would be. I think it's fairly easy to compare them, to be quite honest. One is red, smooth, and somewhat oddly shaped. One is orange, rough with dimples, and more or less spherical.

But the REAL point is: You're drastically taking my quote out of context. Go look at what I quoted when I said that. I wasn't even talking about the topic subject.
I personally think it's fairly stupid to make students pay to exercise, because I exercise on a daily basis. But I also think it's stupid that there are people who don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 11:19PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
It boils down to forcing the students to exercise. A company? Sure, whatever.

Ben, don't argue to long, I actually want to do a show tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 10-31-2006 11:29PM 
Colonel

ben laden wrote:

First off:
blah

But the REAL point is:
Out of context.

First: Its a common expression, get over it.

Second: It was a little out of context, but not a whole lot. Read the quote to the post you quoted. I wasn't trying to argue with you as much as raise a point.