Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 12:59PM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dice-K what? King Felix has a no-hitter through 7!
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 7:59PM 
Brigadier General

Source: Off Campus
Man, the kid's throwing smoke - 99 MPH on the last fastball to Manny. And to think, he just turned 21 on Easter Sunday.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 9:01PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
Saw the throngs of Japanese media for the Ichiro/Daisuke matchup. Oh, apparently Seattle and Boston were playing a game.

Anyway, speaking of pitching, HOLY CRAPANOLI, the Cards starters are really doing great. Good thing I picked up Looper over at ESPN (unless they reset all the damn rosters).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 9:31PM 
Brigadier General

Yeah, I am severely disappointed with ESPN's Fantasy Baseball so far. The only advantage I see to them over Yahoo is that they offer free keeper leagues, something I've always wanted to do. I guess that in the future, I'll just have to pay to be in a serious keeper league.

Oh, and Kip Wells has been a beast as well. And Wainy. Too bad Carp died. :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 10:04PM 
Major General

Location: Stone's throw from Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

I watched Izzy close last night. I've always liked Isringhausen but he was throwing some heat last night.

The bottoms of the extra innings were really fun to watch. I mean that was baseball. I like a good defensive challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 10:06PM 
Major General

bagvwf wrote:
I watched Izzy close last night. I've always liked Isringhausen but he was throwing some heat last night.

The bottoms of the extra innings were really fun to watch. I mean that was baseball. I like a good defensive challenge.

Yes sir. A very under appreciated aspect of the game. Like that double play the other night when Wainright scooped it to the plate, Yadi tagged then threw a bullet to first for the double play. I just sat back and thought, "HOLY SHIT."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 10:10PM 
Major General

My favorite was the double play that ended it in the 12th. That was like candy, I could watch that over and over.

Edit--We might be talking about the same play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 04-11-2007 10:13PM 
Major General

bagvwf wrote:
My favorite was the double play that ended it in the 12th. That was like candy, I could watch that over and over.

QF the mother fucking T. How does that saying go? Something like, "Offense draws the crowds, but defense wins the game?" We have arguably the best fielding third baseman in the game, and one of the best to have ever played. That's exciting to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04-12-2007 10:37AM 
Captain

I love the small ball that LaRussa plays. Hit and runs, sac bunts and squeeze plays. Point in case, he pulled Taguchi yesterday, who was on fire, for Dunc, who's in a slump. Everyone was thinking, ok maybe fell asleep at the wheel again but nope, he knew that Dunc was going to hit that home run.

2 GB OCZ RAM
Sparkle 550 Watt PSU
2x Hitachi Deskstar 160GB Sata2 (RAID 0)
Seagate 160GB Barracuda 7200.7 SATA
NEC DVD/CD ROM
2x NEC 19" MultiSync LCD1970GX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04-12-2007 2:32PM 
Brigadier General

kjk437 wrote:
bagvwf wrote:

Yes sir. A very under appreciated aspect of the game. Like that double play the other night when Wainright scooped it to the plate, Yadi tagged then threw a bullet to first for the double play. I just sat back and thought, "HOLY SHIT."

No kidding, that double play was legit. (Small rant: Notice how that incredible double play gets little to no coverage whereas Derek 'The Tool' Jeter's grab and flip to home plate against the A's a few years back is still being talked about daily.)

Anyway, what's this? I make a thread about an incredible matchup between two pitching phenoms and it turns into a Cardinals thread? Darn you all! (Just kidding, I'm a huge Cardinals fan, but I have to admit that I'm a baseball fan first.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04-12-2007 6:17PM 
Major General

Colossians3 wrote:
kjk437 wrote:
bagvwf wrote:

No kidding, that double play was legit. (Small rant: Notice how that incredible double play gets little to no coverage whereas Derek 'The Tool' Jeter's grab and flip to home plate against the A's a few years back is still being talked about daily.)

Anyway, what's this? I make a thread about an incredible matchup between two pitching phenoms and it turns into a Cardinals thread? Darn you all! (Just kidding, I'm a huge Cardinals fan, but I have to admit that I'm a baseball fan first.)

Between who? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 04-13-2007 7:13PM 
Brigadier General

Daisuke Matsuzaka and Felix Hernandez, of course. Like I said, phenoms.

Profile E-mail