Home Forums Gamescan Chat42 About
* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu 03-28-2024 4:11AM

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: iPod Classic...
PostPosted: Tue 08-26-2008 9:43AM 
Captain

Source: Theta Xi
Does anyone use the new iPod classic? I just bought the 80 gb version and thought i'd check out some reviews before opening it and it's not looking good. Issues they complain about are accessories for the 5g not working and sluggish operation, are any of you experiencing these problems? Maybe they've been fixed by now?

Post subject: Re: iPod Classic...
PostPosted: Tue 08-26-2008 12:22PM 
Drowning

Source: Fidelity
I would wait, prices will probably drop soon, and i was in the same spot when choosing a new mp3 player. I went with the touch and have never been happier

Join us in IRC, irc.seek42.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 08-26-2008 1:16PM 
Captain

Source: Theta Xi
i actually have a 5g that has a bad board in it that i can replace for 120, but its only a 30 gig, is apple expected to release another classic style with a big HD soon? It's killing me not having an mp3 player.... rolla radio sucks

PostPosted: Tue 08-26-2008 9:39PM 
Major General

Source: Fidelity
from what I've heard is the iPod Touch and possibly the MacBook (Pro?) line will get a refresh sometime in September. Haven't really been any rumblings about the classic's getting updated. I wouldn't really see that happening any time soon. Wouldn't really surprise me if the Touch stole the spotlight for quite a while and the classic went stale for a bit... Sad, cause I don't really like the touch for music...

PostPosted: Tue 08-26-2008 10:06PM 
Major General

Source: Beta Sigma Psi
The nano also. You can tell because anytime Apple offers a free iPod with the purchase of a laptop, that iPod will get discontinued. As proven by the iPod mini and the iPod Nano 1G.

I mainly use my Touch for the internet purposes and have yet to put any music on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 08-28-2008 5:07PM 
Major General

Source: Off Campus
Rumor has it that nearly every Apple product besides the iPhone is getting an overhaul in the coming weeks, so I'd return it and wait for any updates.

After said updates, you may want to consider an iPod Touch instead. I have an iPhone 3G, which is pretty much the same as a Touch, but with the phone part, and the iPod part of it is great (wish I could say the same for the SMS part, which has some terrible keyboard lag). Of course, you won't get nearly as much storage.

PostPosted: Thu 08-28-2008 9:26PM 
Major

I have an 80gb classic and I love it. The battery live is great, i can listen to music for most of the week without charging it. Video is not great, but it is definitely watchable (small screen size is only complaint) I can also get about 8-10 hours of video wih the brightness turned down. My biggest complaint is ITunes- I despise it, but its not worth hacking it into using something else. I have had it since December and still love it.

PostPosted: Fri 08-29-2008 9:38AM 
Major General

Source: MST-WPA Wireless
Chankster wrote:
The nano also. You can tell because anytime Apple offers a free iPod with the purchase of a laptop, that iPod will get discontinued. As proven by the iPod mini and the iPod Nano 1G.

I mainly use my Touch for the internet purposes and have yet to put any music on it.

So they're going to discontinue the iPod Touch? b/c that was also FAR </sarcasm>

EDIT: for clarification

Last edited by blitzvergnugen on Fri 08-29-2008 6:07PM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 08-29-2008 5:58PM 
Major General

blitzvergnugen wrote:
Chankster wrote:

So they're going to discontinue the iPod Touch? b/c that was also FAR

No, they'll be discontinuing the current models and replacing them with something else. Could be just a bump in capacity, or a redesign. Rumor has it, some sort of redesign.